KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Episode #1 - Ambush

Episode #1 - Ambush
Started by: Outbound

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dominis

Well in the christian religion God is the personification of love, good, righteousness, pure etc. So actually he is not evil. You can't say Satan is eviler than God, but you can say Satan is evil whereas God is good. That is the only way you can compare them.

Last edited by Dominis on Oct 6th, 2008 at 12:45 AM

Old Post Oct 6th, 2008 12:43 AM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Well in the christian religion God is the personification of love, good, righteousness, pure etc. So actually he is not evil. You can't say Satan is eviler than God, but you can say Satan is evil whereas God is good. That is the only way you can compare them.
Nonsense.

Something being more evil then something else doesn't imply a base level of evilness in anything. If God is not evil at all then everything (except for things that are also not evil at all) are more evil than him.

That's just the way language rolls, dude.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2008 12:48 AM
Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

No not really. There is no base level of evilness in God at all, so nothing can be described as being more evil than he is. Do you know what more means? You can't have more of something if that something is not there.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2008 12:59 AM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

No not really. There is no base level of evilness in God at all, so nothing can be described as being more evil than he is. Do you know what more means? You can't have more of something if that something is not there.

Err yes. You can.

If there is an empty glass and there is one filled with water. Then one has more water in it than the other (the other having none). Why are we even arguing that, don't be silly.

To go back on topic, I don't think they will make the show much darker, it's not meant to be that way, I believe (and no, a few deaths of Jedi, won't make me think it's particularly dark...I mean, Jedi died in the old Clone Wars series, and it still wasn't).

Old Post Oct 6th, 2008 01:02 AM
Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Here is a better example: Say you and a friend are both at a table eating. You have a bowl of cereal, and your friend has a bowl of noodles. Would you say he had more noodles than you, when you have no noodles at all? Or would you say he has noodles and you don't?

It would be like me asking for more water if i never had water. The only time you would ask for more water is if you already had a glass.

It may or may not get much darker, but most likely it will. Star Wars is not known to be real dark as a whole anyways.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2008 01:12 AM
Bardock42

Here is a better example: Say you and a friend are both at a table eating. You have a bowl of cereal, and your friend has a bowl of noodles. Would you say he had more noodles than you, when you have no noodles at all? Or would you say he has noodles and you don't?

Obviously he has more noodles than me. Me having none. Would you say your friend that has 5 US Dollar, while you have none, has more money than you?

It would be like me asking for more water if i never had water. The only time you would ask for more water is if you already had a glass.

You could ask for "more" water. It would make sense. Just not common. Also, that's a bad example, because when you ask for "more" water, you have "no" water, even though you had some before. It's totally unrelated. But I will stop talking to you about it, you just argue out of ignorance or stupidity, it is absolutely apparent that something is always more than nothing.

It may or may not get much darker, but most likely it will. Star Wars is not known to be real dark as a whole anyways.

You seem to argue yourself there. What is it, will it get much darker or is it going to stay like you perceive Star Wars, which is "not [...] real dark"?

Old Post Oct 6th, 2008 01:20 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Here is a better example: Say you and a friend are both at a table eating. You have a bowl of cereal, and your friend has a bowl of noodles. Would you say he had more noodles than you, when you have no noodles at all? Or would you say he has noodles and you don't?.

You'd say he has more noodles, because technically he does. You not having doesn't change that fact...

Old Post Oct 6th, 2008 01:21 AM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

If you are walking through a desert, and you are dying a thirst, when suddenly you come upon a house. Would you ask the owner of the house for more water, or would you ask for water? You can ask for more water after you drink up the water the owner gave you.

The series will most likely get much more darker than they are now. I never said Star Wars was dark. Ep.3 was darker than the other star wars films, but it still does not make star wars very dark compared to a lot of other movies.

Last edited by Dominis on Oct 6th, 2008 at 01:29 AM

Old Post Oct 6th, 2008 01:26 AM
Bardock42

If you are walking through a desert, and you are dying a thirst, when suddenly you come upon a house. Would you ask the owner of the house for more water, or would you ask for water? You can ask for more water after you drink up the water the owner gave you.

The series will most likely get much more darker than they are now. I never said Star Wars was dark. Ep.3 was darker than the other star wars films, but it still does not make star wars very dark compared to a lot of other movies.

Again. You are talking about a different thing, to prove your incorrect statement. You use the definition of "more" meaning "additional" or "further" (as in, I'd like more (another) glass of water) to prove that the definition of "more" meaning "in greater quantity" (as in, Joe has more water than Tom) implies at least some amount of water, which it does not. You are incorrect. And you'd do best to be quiet now and research for some basic understanding of logic and grammar.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=more

Old Post Oct 6th, 2008 09:51 AM
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh snap its on!!!!!!

"The wait is over."

Old Post Oct 6th, 2008 04:17 PM
Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
I am unimpressed by the show.

Like wise

"The wait is over."

Old Post Oct 6th, 2008 04:18 PM
Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

The show is decent, but I wouldn't want to watch it on a regular basis. You know, like if i happen to be watching TV (Which I rarely do) and there isn't anything on that I would rather watch I would probably watch it.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2008 05:33 PM
Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by queeq
This is a kiddie series, I doubt it will go darker.

battle droids busting an escape pod open, and watching the clones suffocate was kinda dark...

until the droids open (figuratively speaking) their mouths and "there they go"

... those damn clankers

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Oct 6th, 2008 06:05 PM
Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Originally posted by Bardock42
Again. You are talking about a different thing, to prove your incorrect statement. You use the definition of "more" meaning "additional" or "further" (as in, I'd like more (another) glass of water) to prove that the definition of "more" meaning "in greater quantity" (as in, Joe has more water than Tom) implies at least some amount of water, which it does not. You are incorrect. And you'd do best to be quiet now and research for some basic understanding of logic and grammar.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=more

You also said it was not "normal" to say it like that. So when you say a scene is "darker" than another scene, most people would think that both scenes were dark, with the other being darker. Maybe you are right techniqually, but if you want someone to understand what you are saying you should do it in a "normal" way.

As for Tom he can not have least water if he has no water at all. He would have no water.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2008 10:16 PM
Bardock42

You also said it was not "normal" to say it like that. So when you say a scene is "darker" than another scene, most people would think that both scenes were dark, with the other being darker. Maybe you are right techniqually, but if you want someone to understand what you are saying you should do it in a "normal" way.

As for Tom he can not have least water if he has no water at all. He would have no water.

Don't be stupid.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2008 10:25 PM
Dominis

I would say it was the other way around. You admitted that it was not the "normal" way to explain it.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2008 10:27 PM
Bardock42

I would say it was the other way around. You admitted that it was not the "normal" way to explain it.

No, I didn't. You were just flat out wrong, admitted it, but tried to maintain some sort of dignity by lying about one part. It's idiotic. Either concede you were wrong or just leave and ignore it. Don't try to "drag" me down with you, I was just correct. And this is ridiculously off-topic. Don't you have something to add about the series or episode in specific, instead?

Old Post Oct 6th, 2008 10:32 PM
Dominis

I admitted you were techniqually correct. Just as you admitted it was not a normal way of expalining things.

And i did say something about the series, you just did not address it.

Last edited by Dominis on Oct 6th, 2008 at 10:41 PM

Old Post Oct 6th, 2008 10:37 PM
Bardock42

I admitted you were techniqually correct. Just as you admitted it was not a normal way of expalining things.

I did not. That's a misconstruction of what I said. You disregard the obvious difference between the two definitions of "more". Again, you tried to prove that your initial statement is correct, by using an unrelated, though similarly spelled word. Though, apparently, that fact is beyond you.

Either way, I am technically correct, so lets move on.

And all just because I pointed out to you, that mere death scenes won't make a series a particular dark piece.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2008 10:40 PM
Dominis

Just please when you expalin something, explain it in a normal fashion.

Maybe not as dark as a horror movie, but dark for a kid series.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2008 10:52 PM