KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Last Horror/Thriller Film Watched?

Last Horror/Thriller Film Watched?
Started by: deathbycorn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (31): « First ... « 26 27 [28] 29 30 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
itsjustaar

'Primal Rage'

the poor man's monkey virus movie, complete with 80's disco. don't ask me why or how... xD ...it was cheap, and i needed a laugh.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2010 09:15 PM
itsjustaar is currently offline Find more posts by itsjustaar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

Been bashing through multiple movies on Netflix.

Last week I watched:
Scarecrows: A nice little 80's flick. A little cheesy but passable. Something I'd definitely like to see a remake of.

Night of the Scarecrow: Starts off with a creepy looking scarecrow doing the slasher thing.... turns into comedy hour with so many plotholes they can't be filled with a strawman.

Night of the Demons remake: Turned out being a LOT better than I expected. There are some moments put in there for shock and awe value, and well... they work lol. Overall it's a nice little cliche, nothing incredible but it could have been worse..... and... WOW that kid from T2 got fat.

House of Blood (aka chain reaction): What can I say about this film.... when it's strong it's excitingly so... when it's not.... FLOP.
Movie has some neat ideas and toys with the timeline to keep some interest going but some of the sub plotting and scenes revolving around the demons themselves are VERY weak.

Slash: Looked to be a retarded teenie slasher flick... and it was... but it was pretty good. Stronger than the usual garbage with good performances all around.

Lost Boys: The Thirst: As most people can tell you, not as good as the first movie, leagues improved over the second. Solid sequel with some nice tributes to the first movie.
Performances aren't terrible but a couple are a little over the top.

The Falling: 80's movie about alien symbiotes taking over human hosts in a Spanish town... should have been better than it was... has some good creepy scenes, but not enough.

Masters of Horror: The damned thing: Nonsense story about a monster that currupts a town into killlers. Think the Crazies with a lamer plot.

Let Sleeping Corpses Lie: Ecological issues create super zombies.. The zombies are actually fairly creepy. The movie is okay if not a little frustrating.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 12:06 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

I loved let sleeping corpses lie.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 05:40 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Case 39... It sucked.

And a movie called F. It was about a teacher who was assaulted by some studends, then a bunch of "Hoodies" take over the school after hours and kill the faculty. Pretty good movie but it takes a while to get started.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Last edited by srankmissingnin on Jan 19th, 2011 at 05:50 AM

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 05:45 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by the ninjak
I loved let sleeping corpses lie.

Yeah, they definitely did a good job with the zombies themselves even if they were fairly under-used.

But the dynamic with the detective was near maddening... "I think you random people did it, even though an eye witness says otherwise and you weren't even at the scene of the crime when it occured.... but yeah, you definitely did it..."

Meh.

It was okay.. I think it would be something I would have been way more into as a kid and have nastalgic attachments to today like horror express. As it is.... it was high on creep factor low on plot factor.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 10:07 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

lol Case 39 looked like it had potential too.

Haven't heard of F, might check that out.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 10:07 PM
Squirrel Fart

Aliens

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 11:20 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blinky
Android First Class

Originally posted by The Nuul
Aliens

I NEVER understood why people call that movie a "Horror" film...

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead."

Old Post Jan 20th, 2011 03:58 AM
Blinky is currently offline Click here to Send Blinky a Private Message Find more posts by Blinky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Aliens is horror/sci-fi. Sub genre. Theres a ton of suspense and aliens trying to kill people and ripping out of their chests.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2011 04:18 AM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by The Nuul
Aliens is horror/sci-fi. Sub genre. Theres a ton of suspense and aliens trying to kill people and ripping out of their chests.

I love me some space horror/thrillers.

Ever seen the movie Cargo? Great movie, it's in German (I think) but if you don't mind reading subtitles its totally worth a watch.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jan 20th, 2011 02:37 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's in German, but made in Switzerland.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2011 03:40 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by MildPossession
It's in German, but made in Switzerland.

Thought it sounded German. Have you seen it?

Old Post Jan 20th, 2011 05:26 PM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I haven't no, but it's on my rental list.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2011 05:48 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

I havent seen it and it does sound German.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2011 02:10 AM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's because the main language in Switzerland is German. stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 21st, 2011 05:26 PM
Lord Shadow Z

Halloween 2

Because I couldn't get immediate hold of some Jason movies (I've been belatedly trying to learn about the character) I've moved on to the Myers movies until I can find them. Really enjoyed the first two, different style to Jason, I was thinking, Myers seems to enjoy the moment a lot more, ratcheting up the tension by stalking before killing them.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2011 05:42 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Piggott
Sith Acolyte

The last horror movie I watched was The Final and it was pretty garbage.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2011 11:47 AM
Darth Piggott is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Piggott a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Piggott Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

I just watched Black Plague. It's like a gritty and realistic Season of the Witch only with Sean Bean, and totally awesome.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2011 06:59 AM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Watched heaps lately.

Anthropophagous. Cannibal film.
The Beast in Heat. Nazi-ploitation crap.
Deep Red. Good Giallo.
Against the Dark. Steven Seagal in crappy survival horror apocalypse.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2011 12:28 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

Halloween 3+4

Even though it had nothing to do with Micheal Myers 3 was a very enjoyable film and a weird concept to boot. Plus it good to see some familiar faces from other films; the guy who played Hunsaker in Lethal Weapon and the 'old man' from Robocop. Plus that tune from that Halloween advert, it nearly drove ME insane!!.

4 was good too, with Michael's doctor getting even more banged up and stressed out, I didn't like the ending though, that shocked me, even made me a little queasy too. But I guess that's what horror is all about.

Anyway:

'Happy Happy Halloween, Halloween, Halloween, Happy Happy Halloween, Silver Shamrock!!'

big grin

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2011 09:37 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote