KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Last Horror/Thriller Film Watched?

Last Horror/Thriller Film Watched?
Started by: deathbycorn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (31): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Blinky
Android First Class

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MildPossession

It's far from mediocre, it's one of the best horrors to come from Asia. It's more than just another horror involving a ghost. More to A Tale of Two Sisters. It is also a very well made film, beautifully shot.

Yeah so what if it's in your opinion "one of the best horrors to come for Asian", Asian horror to me is pretty mediocre to me. I watched this film hoping to be swayed even in the tiniest bit, but is was the same old cliche shit. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: A ghost who looked like the one in Ringo (the ghost IMO was unnecessary to have in Tale of two sisters) very cliche plot in general, the multiple personalities bit is REALLY ****ing old now. As for how it was shot, some scenes were cool to watch but not enough to redeem the movie.

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead."

Last edited by Impediment on Oct 27th, 2008 at 07:38 PM

Old Post Oct 27th, 2008 04:46 PM
Blinky is currently offline Click here to Send Blinky a Private Message Find more posts by Blinky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
angelamia

Watched The Fly again... the 1986 one. So good. Actually you know, I've never seen the '58 one. I'm all for teleporters, but then I think of this movie...

As is customary after I finish watching a movie, I hit message boards to read what other people think about it... I came across this site where you can insert your face into a scene of the movie... It's pretty hilarious if you want to give it a try: http://www.dareyoutowatch.com/

Old Post Oct 27th, 2008 05:30 PM
angelamia is currently offline Click here to Send angelamia a Private Message Find more posts by angelamia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
A ghost who looked like the one in Ringo (the ghost IMO was unnecessary to have in Tale of two sisters) very cliche plot in general, As for how it was shot, some scenes were cool to watch but not enough to redeem the movie.

Research Asian culture. That's why it doesn't really translate well when they do these sort of films as remakes in America.

And thanks for spoiling the ending for people who haven't seen it, SPOILER tags are there.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2008 07:17 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathbycorn
Restricted

Account Restricted

I watched this movie called Prey with the original Robocop in it. Its about a family who go to Africa and go on Safari and get trapped in their car with man-eating lions trying to eat them! For a b movie its pretty good. Worth watching once if its on cable.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2008 09:30 PM
deathbycorn is currently offline Click here to Send deathbycorn a Private Message Find more posts by deathbycorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Return of the Living Dead, now got 2 and 3 to watch, and I believe there are a few more sequels...

Old Post Nov 1st, 2008 03:31 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathbycorn
Restricted

Account Restricted

Last night I watched P2 again. Its a decent thriller.

And today I'm watching Night of the Creeps.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2008 09:30 PM
deathbycorn is currently offline Click here to Send deathbycorn a Private Message Find more posts by deathbycorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lycanthrope
"Vita Detestabilis"

Rob Zombies "Halloween"

I dig Rob Zombie movies. The Devils Rejects is one of my Fav of all time Horror.

"To the last, I will grapple with thee... from Hell's heart, I stab at thee! For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee!" - Khan (reciting Melville)

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2008 02:13 PM
Lycanthrope is currently offline Click here to Send Lycanthrope a Private Message Find more posts by Lycanthrope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tylerTOXICITY
**** You!

Mmm, I just checked out The Candyman
****, The only movie that actually scares me.

Advice here.
DO NOT WATCH 'CHRONICLES OF AN EXCORSISM'
Oh my lord.
It was suppose to be like, Cloverfield with the hand held camera, But OMG
1). Bad Acting
2).Shit
3).Shit Bad acting.

but anyways,
I've got Doomsday to watch tonight.
Havn't seen a good Zombie flick in a while.

Thanks ScarletSpeed

Old Post Nov 4th, 2008 05:32 AM
tylerTOXICITY is currently offline Click here to Send tylerTOXICITY a Private Message Find more posts by tylerTOXICITY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Doomsday isn't really a full on zombie movie, more in the background... still like it though.

Got Mother of Tears to watch tonight, finally getting around to watching this third part of Dario Argento's trilogy.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2008 04:49 PM
RedFrosty
Title Holder

I've just finished Prey, and before that Blair Witch Project (1999)...

Blair Witch Project(1999)
9/10
House9.5/10
- One with a perfect scary movie setup...
Prey(2007)7/10

Old Post Nov 4th, 2008 05:13 PM
RedFrosty is currently offline Click here to Send RedFrosty a Private Message Find more posts by RedFrosty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathbycorn
Restricted

Account Restricted

Doomsday isn't really a full on zombie movie, more in the background... still like it though.

Got Mother of Tears to watch tonight, finally getting around to watching this third part of Dario Argento's trilogy.

Great gore in Mother of Tears but it has the stupidest plot. And there is this stupid ghost lady.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2008 09:06 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Return of the Living Dead, now got 2 and 3 to watch, and I believe there are a few more sequels...

Stay away from the new ones, 4 and 5, they're AWFUL! They're made for TV movies.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2008 09:20 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've heard three is the best? unfortunately I can't get it here on rental yet for some reason, not out.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2008 11:52 PM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Great gore in Mother of Tears but it has the stupidest plot. And there is this stupid ghost lady.

The ghost lady was Asia Argento's character's mother.

Gore was what you expect from Dario but it was one of the worst horror films I've seen in a long time, I adore most of his films but this was just plain awful.

Asia Argento is normally fine and dandy for acting, but in this she was absolutely horrendous for the most part, along with most of them, even the ones with no dubbing over them(didn't have a good script to work with though)... the writing was extremely crap too. URGGGGGGGGGGHHH a disappointment.

I'm use to dodgy acting most of the time and dodgy writing from Dario, but it's getting ridiculous now. I just hope his new one Giallo will turn out decent at least, otherwise Adrian Brody will be laughed at...

Disappointing end to his trilogy.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2008 03:34 PM
deathbycorn
Restricted

Account Restricted

Last night I watched the remake of Funny Games. I've seen the original around a year ago when the remake came out and got around to seeing the remake last night.

What a waste of time. I'd seen the exact same movie before but in German!!

I can't really say its worse than the original, cause its exactly the same. There was really no need for it at all. I know the director wanted to show his film to a wider audience but I liked it better when Funny Games was an obscure little German horror film that not many people knew about.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2008 11:23 PM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

It was a rather pointless remake, I see no point in doing a shot for shot remake just to please lazy arsed people who can't seek out the original and don't want to hurt their poor little heads having to read subtitles... smile

The remake is getting all the credit for the 'famous scene' that happens in the film... It's The Departed all over again, getting the credit for the Leo scene, ugh.

The original is a good classic film but I ignore the 'message'.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2008 06:03 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I've heard three is the best? unfortunately I can't get it here on rental yet for some reason, not out.

The first one is far and away the best.

The second is decent because some characters actually come back. Third one is passable.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2008 09:12 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathbycorn
Restricted

Account Restricted

It was a rather pointless remake, I see no point in doing a shot for shot remake just to please lazy arsed people who can't seek out the original and don't want to hurt their poor little heads having to read subtitles... smile

The remake is getting all the credit for the 'famous scene' that happens in the film... It's The Departed all over again, getting the credit for the Leo scene, ugh.

The original is a good classic film but I ignore the 'message'.

I like the message in the film.

It asks you why you keep watching when you know what is about to happen.

It questions why we like violent films, and what is entertaining about violence.

A message truly needed in the horror community when you have people who watch stuff like Nekromantik.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2008 09:45 PM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wouldn't know, I haven't seen that film. Have you?

Silent Hill - watched the first part.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2008 11:01 PM
steverules
The doctor

The exorcist

Old Post Nov 9th, 2008 01:21 AM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote