KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » Ryu and Ken's master, Gouken

Ryu and Ken's master, Gouken
Started by: Snafu the Great

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 7 8 [9]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

Don't really know. There is a big difference between bein' blown up and just bein' sent straight to hell to be destroyed by demons. I'd rather take my chances wit the JACKS tho. I mean there is like a 1 in a million chance you could survive the JACK scenario, that's a physical threat but the chances wit the SGS are like 0 in a million chance. It's a spiritual threat that destroys the soul. Gill survived cuz he's immortal, Bison had outside help and Gouken, he knows how to fight it. If you aint got none of that..."you dead".

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Feb 20th, 2009 11:20 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Alan Kyder
Don't really know. There is a big difference between bein' blown up and just bein' sent straight to hell to be destroyed by demons. I'd rather take my chances wit the JACKS tho. I mean there is like a 1 in a million chance you could survive the JACK scenario, that's a physical threat but the chances wit the SGS are like 0 in a million chance. It's a spiritual threat that destroys the soul. Gill survived cuz he's immortal, Bison had outside help and Gouken, he knows how to fight it. If you aint got none of that..."you dead".

Gen also survived the I.H.M., but barely by emptying his soul and embracing the nothingness as the attack hit. Ryu also survived by using the same tactic. Akuma spared Gen because the latter was ill and he sees Ryu's potential in the Dark Hadou.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2009 03:28 AM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Turns out Gouken was just unconscious and not dead. He joins the tournament to meet his pupils.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt94...feature=related

---

Gouken faces off against Ryu, defeats him and seals off his Satsui no Hado.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WurfjPzVEBY

---

Gouki searches for Ryu, and finds him defeated on the floor and with the Satsui No Hado sealed. It takes no time for Gouki to know Gouken is responsible, and he retaliates by attempting the Shungokusatsu on Gouken. The attack that once knocked Gouken unconscious for unknown years is now useless against Ryu's master. Gouki aknowledges the power of nothingness(its how you survive Gouki's Shungokusatsu) and challenges Gouken in a duel to the death for the life of Ryu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MSs...feature=related

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Last edited by Zack Fair on Mar 7th, 2009 at 04:56 PM

Old Post Mar 7th, 2009 04:51 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Originally posted by Zack Fair
Turns out Gouken was just unconscious and not dead. He joins the tournament to meet his pupils.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt94...feature=related

---

Gouken faces off against Ryu, defeats him and seals off his Satsui no Hado.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WurfjPzVEBY

---

Gouki searches for Ryu, and finds him defeated on the floor and with the Satsui No Hado sealed. It takes no time for Gouki to know Gouken is responsible, and he retaliates by attempting the Shungokusatsu on Gouken. The attack that once knocked Gouken unconscious for unknown years is now useless against Ryu's master. Gouki aknowledges the power of nothingness(its how you survive Gouki's Shungokusatsu) and challenges Gouken in a duel to the death for the life of Ryu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MSs...feature=related

Unconscious? Akuma put his brother into a coma.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2009 07:48 PM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Snafu the Great
Unconscious? Akuma put his brother into a coma.

Wish him luck pulling it off again

Old Post Mar 8th, 2009 02:03 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site

That SGS Akuma did on Gouken in that endin' was so cheap.

-Anakaris-

Old Post Mar 8th, 2009 06:08 AM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

the endings suck ass.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2009 09:23 AM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Seems that way so far. Anybody got a link to the entire SF4 Anime?

Old Post May 12th, 2009 10:27 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

aint it there on youtube? confused

try www.mininova.com

Old Post May 13th, 2009 06:49 AM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site

Gouken taught Ryu the Shinshoryuken.

-Anakaris-

Old Post May 17th, 2009 09:05 PM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

and Marco Rodriguez taught gouken his shoryuken special big grin

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 03:18 PM
No End N Site

???

-Anakaris-

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 12:21 AM
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

A shameless bump, I know. But I had to update Gouken's Profile.

Gouken's Background

Nationality: Japanese
Date of Birth/Age: December 14/Unknown, probably in his late sixties
Height: 6 feet, 1 inch (seriously!)
Weight: 198 1/2 pounds
Hair: White
Eyes: Brown
Blood Type: Unknown
Allies/Friends: Retsu, some also say he's friendly with Gen
Enemies: Gouki
Family: Gouki, younger brother; had a daughter whom Ryu and Ken called 'Little Miss' (whereabouts unknown); Ryu, student/foster son
Special Skill: Training Students
Dislikes: Gouki, the Dark Hadou (Satsui no Hadou)
Fighting Style: Martial Art rooted in assassination arts (Ansatsuken)

According to Capcom's official account of Akuma's backstory, the two brothers were once students of Goutetsu, a practitioner of nameless martial art that was original developed with the intention of killing an opponent, which origins are rooted back to Japan's feudal age. Goutetsu taught his skills to Gouken and Akuma. Eventually, the two brothers began to differ in the methods and usage of their fighting style. Akuma became bent on completely mastering the style, and embraced the killing aspect of the art to the point of succumbing to the Satsui no Hadou, or "killing intent". Gouken, on the other hand developed his own style: turning fatal techniques such as the Hadouken and Shoryuken into tools for self-defense, removing their killing potential. After succumbing to the Satsui no Hadou, Akuma would fight and murder Goutetsu, before leaving behind both his master's dojo and his brother in order to train by himself.

During this time period, Gouken would found his own dojo, and took Dan Hibiki as his first pupil. However, Gouken learned that the reason Dan wanted to learn martial arts was for revenge, and rejected him for his motives. Later, Gouken would find an abandoned orphan, Ryu, and take him under his wing. Ryu was joined by a second student, Ken Masters, who was sent from America by his father, a good friend of Gouken's, in order to learn humility and respect. After Gouken began to train the two boys, Akuma would make a sudden appearance at Gouken's dojo. There, Akuma would challenge Gouken to a fight. Akuma was soundly defeated by his brother, but Gouken spared his life even after Akuma's insistence that Gouken should kill him. After Akuma's arrival and departure, Gouken would continue to train the two boys. Eventually, Gouken would find his two students adept enough to leave the dojo and travel the world to continue their studies.

Afterwards, Akuma would reappear at Gouken's dojo, and challenge his brother to a rematch. This time with Akuma ending up as the victor and supposedly killing him with the Shun Goku Satsu. However, because Gouken used a technique similar to Gen's and emptied his soul of emotions, he was merely left in a deep coma. Because he was unconscious for an extended period of time, Ryu and Ken believed their master to be dead, and left him as such.

After awakening, Gouken leaves his dojo and tails his students, pleased that they have come so far. However, he is not satisfied just watching them, and enters the new S.I.N. tournament in order to test their strength himself. Gouken successfully finds Ryu after Seth's defeat, and manages to seal the Satsui no Hadou. Akuma appears afterwards and is furious at Gouken for completing this task. The two brothers then face off in another rematch, with control of Ryu's fate as the prize. The outcome of this fight is unknown, though it is known that both survive and that Ryu does not go to Akuma. Afterwards, Ryu and Ken ask Gouken to stay with them a while, but Gouken tells them that are both grown men and no longer need a master.

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 08:07 PM
dyajeep

* what if master Goutetsu is also alive? eek! smile

Old Post May 28th, 2010 12:39 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site

Oh, he's not.

(please log in to view the image)
Gotetsu after he gets SGSed. Notice the brian. Just stare at that for a while.

-Anakaris-

Last edited by No End N Site on May 28th, 2010 at 03:50 AM

Old Post May 28th, 2010 03:47 AM
dyajeep

* then Gouken and Gen gets my respect for surviving Shun Goku Satsu... i sure hope Ken and Ryu would also be able to learn how to "empty their souls" so that Gouki would not be a threat to them... big grin

Old Post Jun 25th, 2010 04:09 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by No End N Site
Oh, he's not.

(please log in to view the image)
Gotetsu after he gets SGSed. Notice the brian. Just stare at that for a while.

Where is that pic from?

Old Post Jul 8th, 2010 03:25 AM