KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » S03E04 - I Am Become Death

S03E04 - I Am Become Death
Started by: S_D_J

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

It was easily the best episode so far, but I of course still had my gripes.

Why was future Peter dead from gunshots and not able to come back, yet the "real" Peter came back from a nuclear blast?

Why was the standoff with Sylar and Peter even a big deal? Peter could have froze time and beat the hell out of all of them. Or Sylar could have punked Knox the way he did at the bank. On another note, you would think Knox would be terrified of Sylar since Sylar treated him like a child.

The African guy gave Matt his powers? WTF?

Where was Sylar after the explosion? He has the power to heal, and like what happened to Peter, he should have been able to recover from the explosion almost instantly.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 06:55 PM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

quote: (post)
Originally posted by celestialdemon

Why was future Peter dead from gunshots and not able to come back, yet the "real" Peter came back from a nuclear blast?
The Haitian

Why was the standoff with Sylar and Peter even a big deal? Peter could have froze time and beat the hell out of all of them. Or Sylar could have punked Knox the way he did at the bank. On another note, you would think Knox would be terrified of Sylar since Sylar treated him like a child.
Well.. the way i see it, i dont think sylar wanted to throw him around all over the place with his son there hiding

Exactly, this is the only problem i have...

Where was Sylar after the explosion? He has the power to heal, and like what happened to Peter, he should have been able to recover from the explosion almost instantly.
Probably ran away erm

who knows.. they are trying to change this future anyways

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 07:12 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

Originally posted by Mairuzu
The Haitian

They were laying down right next to each other. How could one revive and not the other?

Well.. the way i see it, i dont think sylar wanted to throw him around all over the place with his son there hiding

He didn't have to. He could just hold him in place like he did before.

Probably ran away erm

And just left Peter there?

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 07:35 PM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

What made some think the African man gave Matt his powers? did i miss something?

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 07:41 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_Hefner

Maybe Future Peter never got Claire's power. :/ Anyways, Daphne is Molly's mom?? o_O

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 07:52 PM
Blue_Hefner is currently offline Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

Originally posted by starlock
What made some think the African man gave Matt his powers? did i miss something?

Something happened, because Matt was able to see the future, and his eyes went all white the way the African's did.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 08:01 PM
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
Maybe Future Peter never got Claire's power. :/ Anyways, Daphne is Molly's mom?? o_O

Peter has had Claire's power since season 1. If present Peter has it, future Peter does, too.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 08:02 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

They were laying down right next to each other. How could one revive and not the other?

He didn't have to. He could just hold him in place like he did before.

And just left Peter there?
Maybe we'll see more in the comics? no idea

but im sure peter healed after the explosion in the explosion spot. And they probably knocked him out and put him in the room

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 08:03 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I am sure the explosion probably knocked out Peter, since he was not the one exploding.

As for Future Peter not healing... he did not regenerate because the Haitian was there at first, but perhaps it was because the bullets stayed in after the lack of regeneration! Unless Claire finished him off-screen with that shot to the head she was talking about.

So sad with Sylar having his son killed...

I have a theory about Matt. I forget who said it in the show, but whatever the mind controls, Matt controls (in reference the nightmare ability and sending commands). Perhaps it is possible that Matt can access and use mental abilities of others? Like precognition.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2008 07:19 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

You mean using other peoples powers by accessing their minds?

that would be interesting...

another thing, Sylars son was named Noah... like Noah bennett

wouldn't it be trippy if that was actually Noah himself but someone turned him into a kid by using their power stick out tongue

haha, would be funny no?

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 8th, 2008 04:17 PM
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

Originally posted by Captain REX

As for Future Peter not healing... he did not regenerate because the Haitian was there at first, but perhaps it was because the bullets stayed in after the lack of regeneration! Unless Claire finished him off-screen with that shot to the head she was talking about.

Still doesn't make sense. Future Peter shouldn't be able to die. Remember, Adam was locked up in the Company for 30 years. He told Peter if the Company could figure out a way to kill him, they would have. It doesn't make sense that in all that time, they wouldn't have thought of using the Haitian to try the same thing.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2008 06:50 PM
Blue_Hefner

Peter has had Claire's power since season 1. If present Peter has it, future Peter does, too.

Why does Future Peter have a scar then?

Old Post Oct 8th, 2008 06:53 PM
Blue_Hefner is currently offline Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

That hasn't been explained yet.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2008 07:06 PM
S_D_J
Bane

Mohinders formula isnt the correct one.. from the looks of him it should be obvious

Peter needs Sylar's ability to understand the formula, peter doesn't know how to control his powers, sometimes they just come randomly
so Sylar taught peter how to use it i guess...

Its a horrific future because the world is going to explode.. that sounds pretty horrific to me.

I don't think Peter is able to get the Haitians power since the Haitians power negates all other powers around him, including peters power to copy abilities for his own use. MAke sense?

I, unlike some people, really liked this episode a lot, it was the best so far.

I'm looking forward to see what happens with sylar and peter.

I just want to know, whats up with that guy giving Matt the power to see the future?? thats what im confused about..

yep, Mohinder's formula isn't the right one, it should be obvious since he pretty much left the recorder in the same spot for 4 years... Someone else is putting together the formula, the same one that's using Daphne to get them, we should see more in the next episodes

It looks to me Peter has had Sylar's formula but was never able to use it, until Gabriel showed him how... well actually just told him what to do, since Peter fixed the watch in his first try... I still don't understand why he needs it though

the terrible future is the same one Future Peter/Gabriel painted, the same one Hiro's sees when he gets killed by Ando... I guess

why doe the future like blowing up?... honestly...

I'm guessing Matt just access the ability, since it's all in the brain... but still.

Probably Sylar was also captured by Claire/New company, but they didn't want Sylar, they wanted Peter... besides I don't think they said Sylar died... and Peter was probably knocked out, but he didn't need to regenerate, he was completely perfect when he woke up

Still doesn't make sense. Future Peter shouldn't be able to die. Remember, Adam was locked up in the Company for 30 years. He told Peter if the Company could figure out a way to kill him, they would have. It doesn't make sense that in all that time, they wouldn't have thought of using the Haitian to try the same thing.

they know how to kill them, Claire said so herself, a bullet to the head should do it (granted the bullet is never removed) remember Peter with the piece of glass, Claire with the stick?
Future Peter probably didn't regenerate, because the Haitian was there, and Claire could have just shoot him in the head and that's it

He can make the scar disappear/reappear, maybe he just decided to left it there as a reminder... some sort of self penitence or something, besides it just makes him look cool.

It was a better episode than the others, but still lacking... I feel like rushing through many things, leaving plot holes. I know Season 2 was slow, and they wanted to change that, but this is overkill

I'm dissapointed with the show so far. I'm actually inclined to watch Terminator instead of Heroes... ( I watch it on tuesdays, as well as Prison Break)... but probably not stick out tongue

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Oct 8th, 2008 07:37 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Originally posted by S_D_J

the terrible future is the same one Future Peter/Gabriel painted, the same one Hiro's sees when he gets killed by Ando... I guess

why doe the future like blowing up?... honestly...
Haha, its only the second time!

i mean, what else can possibly be AS bad? stick out tongue

but damn.. someone has the power to blow up earth? assuming thats how earth ends up blowing up...

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 8th, 2008 07:59 PM
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

Probably Sylar was also captured by Claire/New company, but they didn't want Sylar, they wanted Peter... besides I don't think they said Sylar died... and Peter was probably knocked out, but he didn't need to regenerate, he was completely perfect when he woke up

That's the thing. Sylar should have recovered before all of them. Once he did, the only ones who would have been alive were Peter, Sylar, and Claire. There's no way she should have been able to capture both of them.

they know how to kill them, Claire said so herself, a bullet to the head should do it (granted the bullet is never removed) remember Peter with the piece of glass, Claire with the stick?
Future Peter probably didn't regenerate, because the Haitian was there, and Claire could have just shoot him in the head and that's it

Could be, but if she blew his brains out, then I would have liked to have seen some evidence of it. You would think a bullet to the brain would be nothing to someone who could survive a nuclear explosion.

I don't see her being able to calculate shooting a bullet in his brain so perfectly that it stays lodged into the back of it.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2008 08:20 PM
S_D_J
Bane

we don't know for sure, we never saw the back of his head... just like the piece of glass, Nobody saw it.... Until Nathan felt it and removed it.
Something stuck in there does the trick, no matter if the haitian's there or not, as long as something is there, it won't regenerate.
It takes sometime for the bullets to come off, as we saw with Sylar when Bennet shot him. Maybe the bullets stayed in Peter killing him, while the Haitian's around, they won't come off, so they have plenty of time to shoot him or do something to his head, once does done, the haitian could just leave and the regenerating power won't be triggered, no matter what... so the bullet in his chest stay, as well as the scars

About Sylar, he could have escape, but it doesn't really matter, since we don't care about him in that particular story, it was all about Peter... besides, like I said, they're rushing through it and there's no time to explain much, so many things have left aside, overlooked or barely glimpsed erm

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Oct 9th, 2008 01:05 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

we don't know for sure, we never saw the back of his head... just like the piece of glass, Nobody saw it.... Until Nathan felt it and removed it.
Something stuck in there does the trick, no matter if the haitian's there or not, as long as something is there, it won't regenerate.
It takes sometime for the bullets to come off, as we saw with Sylar when Bennet shot him. Maybe the bullets stayed in Peter killing him, while the Haitian's around, they won't come off, so they have plenty of time to shoot him or do something to his head, once does done, the haitian could just leave and the regenerating power won't be triggered, no matter what... so the bullet in his chest stay, as well as the scars

About Sylar, he could have escape, but it doesn't really matter, since we don't care about him in that particular story, it was all about Peter... besides, like I said, they're rushing through it and there's no time to explain much, so many things have left aside, overlooked or barely glimpsed erm

Sadly, it's stuff that needs to be explained or else it breaks continuity with the rest of the story. The only ones capable of surviving Sylar's explosion were Sylar, Peter, and Claire. There's no way in hell Claire can take either one of them on her own, much less both of them. Yet, she catches Peter.

When Peter had the glass stuck in his head, we were made aware that it was keeping him from coming back, just like the stick was with Claire. When Claire shot Peter, she shot him just in the chest. The only reason he stayed down was because the Haitian was there. When he was dead on the table, there was nothing sticking into the back of his head that was stopping him from regenerating, nor was anything ever hinted at being there. If Claire shot him in the back of the head after he went down, then the bullet would have damaged the front of his face as well.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2008 02:30 AM
razor4life

Btw to the person that said the Haitians powers could not be taken. That is incorrect. As we have seen if the Haitian is knocked out his power shuts down. During this period I guess they can tinker around with his brain. Maybe u need to be conscious though i dunno.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2008 06:45 AM
razor4life is currently offline Click here to Send razor4life a Private Message Find more posts by razor4life Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Sadly, it's stuff that needs to be explained or else it breaks continuity with the rest of the story. The only ones capable of surviving Sylar's explosion were Sylar, Peter, and Claire. There's no way in hell Claire can take either one of them on her own, much less both of them. Yet, she catches Peter.

When Peter had the glass stuck in his head, we were made aware that it was keeping him from coming back, just like the stick was with Claire. When Claire shot Peter, she shot him just in the chest. The only reason he stayed down was because the Haitian was there. When he was dead on the table, there was nothing sticking into the back of his head that was stopping him from regenerating, nor was anything ever hinted at being there. If Claire shot him in the back of the head after he went down, then the bullet would have damaged the front of his face as well.
They probably kept him drugged

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 9th, 2008 03:54 PM