KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » S03E05 - Angels and Monsters

S03E05 - Angels and Monsters
Started by: S_D_J

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Big O
The Original O

this was an okay episode but i have my iffiness about it.

1. HRG and Claire were sitting a little too close for comfort if they still don't trust Sylar

2. i hated how [SPOILER - highlight to read]: HRG basically forced the black hole guy to kill himself

3. Hiro doesn't know when to use his powers. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: when Adam escaped, he could have just rewound time (once he regained consciousness)

4. Hiro shouldn't have been able to do what he did to Ando if they were really that close of friends

5. how the HELL did [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Matt's dad escape that psychic prison (but it was kinda predictable though)

6. Maya is exuberantly useless with an awesome power

*pants* had to get that off of my chest

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 05:33 AM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I actually thought that the writing and the way things played out for the episode were incredibly well done. I liked it much more than... pretty much everything we've seen from the rest of the season.

As for [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Maury getting out of the nightmarish psychic prison... I am not terribly surprised. It IS his power, he probably found a way out of it if Matt did! I believe last season it just incapacitated him so they could lock him up. As for how he got unlocked... that's a different question.

Everything with Canfield (poor Canfield) was great, I liked his character, it's unfortunate that he's gone.

I like that they're giving Sylar different motivations. Another season of 'I'm going to kill you and take your powers' would have been overdoing it. First season was great, second season they stopped him by just giving him the virus, this season they show him trying to reverse the damage he's done. Say what you will, but at least it's not 'Oh no, boogeyman!' all over again.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 05:58 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

i agree with you, don't get me wrong. i'm just saying that i'm upset with some of the choices some of the characters made and the things the writers made happen.

that guy with Meridith has an uber cool power: dare i say [SPOILER - highlight to read]: biokinesis

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 06:07 AM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I nicknamed him the Puppet Master.

I also nicknamed Stephen Canfield 'Soundgarden.' Black Hole Sun? Hahaha.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 07:04 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

I wish they made the guy who can control others hot.... Pity.

Yes, I did really like this episode, it was a breath of fresh air compared to the last three.

I didn't like Hiro stabbing Ando, that pissed me off because it made 0 sense in Heroes Land. And was poorly executed.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 07:26 AM
Vinny Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Vinny Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Vinny Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

Ok episode....not liking mohinders story line at all....sylar is still boring to me...claire's involvment with the escapee was predictable...i did like HRG's role in all of this though....i am a little dissapointed with the show in general,Hiro's exploits are getting old and now they are confusing...it seems the writers are just mesing with the motivations and personalities just so they can further the plot...Nathan and tracy just dont do it for me..i could care less about them.....and matt's journey is sorely missed in this episode.. As a whole the show aint working for me....but i will watch them all and try and keep an opened mind

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 11:50 AM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
I wish they made the guy who can control others hot.... Pity.

Yes, I did really like this episode, it was a breath of fresh air compared to the last three.

I didn't like Hiro stabbing Ando, that pissed me off because it made 0 sense in Heroes Land. And was poorly executed.

That was the dumbest thing I have ever seen. This show is getting too shock happy and too complicated for its own good. erm

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 12:29 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

-The father of Nate etc.... is kinda a cool story line. Making a new villain group is cool.
-Sylar as a good guy kind dull? yeah, maybe for now.....but I think better things are to come.
-Matt's story is boring.
-Yeah, I am not fond of Mohinder's story line either
-I wish the black hole guy stayed around but he cant since hes too powerful, Bennet wanting to kill Sylar, that whole part was cool.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 12:58 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_Hefner

Am I the only person who doesn't care about Hiro killing Ando?

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 03:22 PM
Blue_Hefner is currently offline Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Originally posted by Ordained
this was an okay episode but i have my iffiness about it.

1. HRG and Claire were sitting a little too close for comfort if they still don't trust Sylar

2. i hated how [SPOILER - highlight to read]: HRG basically forced the black hole guy to kill himself

3. Hiro doesn't know when to use his powers. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: when Adam escaped, he could have just rewound time (once he regained consciousness)

4. Hiro shouldn't have been able to do what he did to Ando if they were really that close of friends

5. how the HELL did [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Matt's dad escape that psychic prison (but it was kinda predictable though)

6. Maya is exuberantly useless with an awesome power

*pants* had to get that off of my chest
HE didnt purposely make him kill himself

and i donno what you guys think, but i believe that hiro stopped time to put some sort of... ketchup? thing inside andos shirt and ando is just playing along

TGFwashere

Last edited by Mairuzu on Oct 14th, 2008 at 03:30 PM

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 03:24 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Originally posted by Captain REX
I actually thought that the writing and the way things played out for the episode were incredibly well done. I liked it much more than... pretty much everything we've seen from the rest of the season.

As for [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Maury getting out of the nightmarish psychic prison... I am not terribly surprised. It IS his power, he probably found a way out of it if Matt did! I believe last season it just incapacitated him so they could lock him up. As for how he got unlocked... that's a different question.

Everything with Canfield (poor Canfield) was great, I liked his character, it's unfortunate that he's gone.

I like that they're giving Sylar different motivations. Another season of 'I'm going to kill you and take your powers' would have been overdoing it. First season was great, second season they stopped him by just giving him the virus, this season they show him trying to reverse the damage he's done. Say what you will, but at least it's not 'Oh no, boogeyman!' all over again.
HE was in level 5...

thats how he got out

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 03:32 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

Interesting episode. Some things about it I liked and others I didn't. I'll break it down.

I liked that not all of the Level 5 escapees were killing machines. Stephen had one of the most devastating powers in the Heroes universe, yet he was geniunely a nice guy who made a mistake. I hope his sacrifice is a wake up call to both Sylar and Bennet.

Speaking of those two, I'm enjoying the slow turn by both of them. Sylar is slowing trying to redeem himself and do the right thing, and Claire is starting to see her dad as more of the monster. I wonder how Claire will react when she finds out Sylar is her uncle.

Puppet-man. He looks so creepy and has an awesome power! I can't wait to see him toy with everyone on the next episode.

As for things I didn't like, I think we can all agree that the Mohinder storyline is boring and needs to be put to rest already. Nobody cares about him or Maya.

The Nathan and Tracy story needs to end also. We know how they got their powers now. So let that be the end of it and either take them out of the picture or put them into something else.

I'm tired of Hiro and Ando also. Nothing interesting ever really happens with them. Yes, Hiro stabbed Ando, but we all know there's a trick there. It took all of Hiro's courage to stab a serial killer. There's no way he would casually stab his best friend.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 07:11 PM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

I kind of like where Tracy and Nathan are going actually, i see them making their own group... people that were givin powers.. like the future shows

And i agree, that puppet master scene was intense

TGFwashere

Last edited by Mairuzu on Oct 14th, 2008 at 07:25 PM

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 07:19 PM
Blue_Hefner

Originally posted by celestialdemon
Interesting episode. Some things about it I liked and others I didn't. I'll break it down.

I liked that not all of the Level 5 escapees were killing machines. Stephen had one of the most devastating powers in the Heroes universe, yet he was geniunely a nice guy who made a mistake. I hope his sacrifice is a wake up call to both Sylar and Bennet.

Speaking of those two, I'm enjoying the slow turn by both of them. Sylar is slowing trying to redeem himself and do the right thing, and Claire is starting to see her dad as more of the monster. I wonder how Claire will react when she finds out Sylar is her uncle.

Puppet-man. He looks so creepy and has an awesome power! I can't wait to see him toy with everyone on the next episode.

As for things I didn't like, I think we can all agree that the Mohinder storyline is boring and needs to be put to rest already. Nobody cares about him or Maya.

The Nathan and Tracy story needs to end also. We know how they got their powers now. So let that be the end of it and either take them out of the picture or put them into something else.

I'm tired of Hiro and Ando also. Nothing interesting ever really happens with them. Yes, Hiro stabbed Ando, but we all know there's a trick there. It took all of Hiro's courage to stab a serial killer. There's no way he would casually stab his best friend.

I agree with you on everything, man. They should just got rid of Ando instead Adam. SMH.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 07:49 PM
Blue_Hefner is currently offline Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I think Mohinder and Maya will have more relevance in coming stories. This is just the beginning of Mohinder's powers and mistakes, after all. I wonder what he needs those people for...

The scene where Sylar is telling Bennet that he is pushing Claire away with his Company tactics... I totally thought 'I love Uncle Sylar more than you!' when she got out of the car. Haha. Not that she knows yet! Nor does Sylar.

There is probably something more in store for Nathan than just banging Tracy and being 'artificial.' Especially if Arthur is returning. Nathan held his father in the utmost respect; does he join his father's plans, whatever they are, or does he do the right thing, whatever that is?

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 08:11 PM
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

Originally posted by Mairuzu
I kind of like where Tracy and Nathan are going actually, i see them making their own group... people that were givin powers.. like the future shows

And i agree, that puppet master scene was intense

Just read the online comic about Doyle. Something else scary about him. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Not only can he control peoples' movements, he can control their powers, also. Not even Sylar can stop that.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 08:17 PM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Just read the online comic about Doyle. Something else scary about him. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Not only can he control peoples' movements, he can control their powers, also. Not even Sylar can stop that.
Thats scary shit

hopefully they dont kill him off in the next episode

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 08:36 PM
Pvt. McCarter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Mairuzu
Thats scary shit

hopefully they dont kill him off in the next episode
they will give it to sylar. lol

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 04:54 AM
Pvt. McCarter is currently offline Click here to Send Pvt. McCarter a Private Message Find more posts by Pvt. McCarter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pvt. McCarter
Restricted

Account Restricted

YEah i am getting sick of the Doctor already. i mean he killed her off. i mean wtf?

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 04:56 AM
Pvt. McCarter is currently offline Click here to Send Pvt. McCarter a Private Message Find more posts by Pvt. McCarter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

I really enjoyed this episode... the best by far this season

...still there were things that bother me

I enjoyed the story with black hole guy, both the power and his story were really well done IMO (didn't think it was gonna end up like that) and I did like the Noah/Sylar dynamic, though there's still an icky feeling I can let go, still feel out of place... but it was good still, specially with Claire in there...
Doyle... that was great... and also was watching Adam back... and Maury as well (he is a Level 5 escape after all, Sandra saw her file) but never though about it, and it is a good explanation to having Linderman back

what I didn't like... Hiro and Ando, they're still funny, but seriously, Hiro is useless sometimes, I hope he killing Ando is plays out in the end and it's not poorly executed... (yeah Ando can't be dead... but still stick out tongue )

... and Arthur... so he controls people ... kinda like Doyle.. or what?
Maury was terrified of him... So why was Linderman in a better position than him? why did Linderman look up to Adam (whom has somewhat of an useless power) but he being more powerful than both Adam and Linderman, allegedly committed suicide.... somehow I feel this it's just another plot twist alá "Sylar.. I'm your mother" thing... erm

... and Mohinder, still bothers me... but I did like his "story" this episode... though still seems out of place

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Last edited by S_D_J on Oct 15th, 2008 at 05:22 AM

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 05:17 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote