KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Battle of Heroes vs. Duel of Fates

?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
DOF 8 38.10%
BOH 13 61.90%
Total: 21 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Battle of Heroes vs. Duel of Fates
Started by: Nactous

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lewis Kenobi

Hey guys,

I'm new here i have got to say "Battle of Heroes" better because of the friend vs friend aspect

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2009 08:46 AM
Click here to Send Lewis Kenobi a Private Message Find more posts by Lewis Kenobi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ordo
Duel of the Fates had a much better composition and was much more meaningful to the saga.

are you talking about the music or the actual fight? because in both cases, the music is extremely appropriate and emotionful toward the situation...

if you're talking about the fight in both films, then yes, the duel of the fates is much more crucial to the story overall. It shows the fall of a hero and the potencial fall of the jedi when obi-wan is told by yoda that he can train anakin.

whereas, the battle of heroes seems very appropriate to explain how vader became the vader we all know and love/hate. but it seems like lucas was like, *gotta think of a way to put him in the suit*. it probably wasn't like that, but it seems (not necessarily last minute but) like lucas didn't think of it being the way vader became armour-clad...

tbh, both fights are extremely powerful and fun to watch...and both give me goosebumps when i watch them... stick out tongue

CadoAngelus - Savior, Conqueror, Hero, Villain.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2009 01:13 PM
Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I like BOH better. But nothing beats the music playing when Luke goes darkside on his father's arse when battling in the Death Star.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2009 12:35 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
nothing beats the music playing when Luke goes darkside on his father's arse when battling in the Death Star.

qft.

Choreography wise, DOF beats BOH hands down imo. BOH was far too repetitive for my tastes.

Music wise, i used to prefer DOH, but the BOH music has really been growing on me.

BOH for me is actually kind of poor, up until a point. Up until they land on the lava platform things, i think the fight is just poor. there's no sense of what's truly at stake. there's no "omg anakin really has turned and is fighting his master" feeling, at least not for me. once they hit the platforms, though, everything shifts. even the choreography, where they seem to be dragging the sabers against each other, gives you the impression that both men are physically and emotionally spent. the emotion finally kicks in when obi gives his "you were the chosen one" speech.

up until the lava platforms, though? it sucked, and was saved only by inter-cutting with the yoda battle...

DOF has great music, some really nice choreography, and when jinn goes down, you can see even in the way obi-wan fights that he's more determined than ever...

[/rant]

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 20th, 2009 02:32 AM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

After listening to them again BOH is definetly better. Sure DOF is great but BOH has some awestriking moments... like at 1:35 and greatesat of all the twisted unholy form of Binary Sunset AKA the FOrce theme at 1:57.

But as I said earlier nothing beats this... from 7:15 to about 8.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2009 04:34 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

I enjoyed BotH more. I like DotF, but quite frankly it's over played imo.

Old Post May 5th, 2009 02:19 AM
Click here to Send Stun a Private Message Find more posts by Stun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hybris
Jedi Panda

Heard a drum and bass remix of Dual of the Fates at a party recently, that was awesome...

But Battle of the Heroes is definately better... It's so much intenser, although I can't really explain why....

Old Post May 6th, 2009 09:40 PM
Click here to Send Hybris a Private Message Find more posts by Hybris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote