KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Decay

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Decay
Started by: Captain REX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (39): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Decay

Central Office, Third Moon of Uridian

The main office of the Jedi Investigation Force is relatively new, though it maintains the film noir atmosphere. The lighting fixtures have shades fitted over them to cast concentrated pools of light, leaving most of the rooms in a soothing darkness. It is quiet; the agents of the Force are always busy, now.

Except for its representative and coordinator. She has her black boots up on the desk, quietly smoking from a silver-inlaid cigarette holder. She allows a puff of green smoke to trail from her mouth, into the pool of light on her desk.

A beeping sound emanates from the desk. Master Clarion removes her boots from the desk and sits up, reaching out to tap the communicator. A hologram appears of an insectoid where Jedi robes. “Clarion here. Go ahead, Xeth.”

“Just checking in, Clarion. How’s the office?”

“Fine. Anything to report?”

“No. Kiu and I aren’t turning up anything more with the Ryamore case. I’m opting out; it’s a waste of my time.”

“Unfortunate.” Clarion takes a drag on her cigarette holder and lets another green-tinted puff drift from her lips.

“What are the others up to?” Xeth asks. “Busy, I presume?”

“Yup.” Clarion describes to him what the other operatives are doing; Densk and Delfedd assisting a militant overthrow of the corrupt government on Tutalo, Lurik resigning to pursue other goals, Vorn and Rusky searching other links that could expose the conspiracy of the Techno Union, new members such as Vera-Kin and Fas’hohk and Wentar and Sean voicing interest in joining the team. All mostly positive news.

“What about Con?” Xeth asks.

Clarion pauses. “What about him?”

“What’s his status?”

“I told you I’m handling him.”

“Master Clarion, he’s in over his head. I sense something isn’t right with that whole situation on Luon... am I right?”

“He is showing some... worrying behaviors, Xeth. But if he starts to cross lines, trust me, I can reel him in.”

“I should hope so. We don’t need anyone making us look bad. Not this early.”

“Is that your only concern?”

“No... make sure the kid is alright, will ya? He’s an arrogant bastard, but I want to make sure he’s... stable. Hanging out with the Syndicate may not be doing him much good.”

“I’ll monitor it more closely. I believe someone may be in the area...”

“Make it happen, Master Clarion.”

-

Welcome to “Decay,” an episode of the Retrospection games! As an episode of this series, “Decay” will be a very personal plotline, exporing events involving the player’s character. Going off of Ushgarak’s ever-popular Star Wars role-playing game, these mini-episodes occur in game-play’s past. In this case, it will explore the slippery slope that a newer character named Con Gordo, a partially-trained Jedi who abandoned the Order in favor of the Galactic school of hard knocks, slides down on his descent to the Dark Side.

Con Gordo was once a proud Jedi Padawan, apprenticed to a notable Jedi Master and gaining considerable skill in his scholarly studies and his combat capabilities. But the young Con discovered that he disliked having to obey the mandates set for the Order or even the requirements his Master expected of him. Instead of enduring these things, he left the Jedi Order to explore the Galaxy by himself. Over time, he has pursued many tasks and developed his own abilities- bounty hunting, pirating, smuggling, mercenary operations... and so on. But the hubristic demeanor he possesses has led to a decrease in morals- whereas before he fought for the good of the Galaxy on his own terms, he now seeks to prove himself the greatest and increase his personal gain.

The time period is set in 30 BBY- two years after the Battle of Naboo and the events of The Phantom Menace. Con Gordo, having left the Jedi Order without completing his training over five years ago, is nearing the completion of steady fall to the Dark Side through his own hubristic tendencies. He realizes that his morals have slipped and his personal goals have changed, but now he will see just how far he has tread down the path of damnation as he operates as a double agent for a violent criminal syndicate and a do-gooder Jedi Renegade investigation service...

Last edited by REXXXX on Jan 5th, 2009 at 08:15 PM

Old Post Oct 11th, 2008 11:40 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Luon

In the back seat of the covered speeder, Con, you concentrate on the dark metal of your blaster pistol as it lays across your lap. The leather interior of the landspeeder is dark and quiet. You relish the calmness, for things are about to get much louder, once this speeder reaches its destination. It will soon.

How did you come to this, Con? Even as a Jedi student you had to take lives, and since then you’ve had to take more as your occupations call for it. But this is different. A disciple of the Light Side of the Force would never have agreed to perform the role of hitman for the mob! And yet you are so comfortable with it, knowing that nobody quite qualifies for the hit but someone of your caliber and power...

But it does trouble you, Con, somehow.

You think it all started back around the time that you left the Order...

-

Zehat, five years earlier

The Museum at Zehat is a sight to behold, considered to be one of the most expansive museums within Republic territory. Its architecture consists of many rigid angles and repeating patterns coming from those angles, all constructed out of very dense metals. Contained within are enough priceless artifacts to fund a galactic army and stimulate the Republic’s greatest minds.

You stand upon the Great Steps before it, Con, marveling in the extraordinary sight of something you have not seen before. Finally, something to stimulate your mind and fill your craving for knowledge about the Galaxy! Not just another diplomatic mission to the edge of space where nothing really matters at all.

The Jedi Order has agreed to lend to its collection with the donation- temporary or otherwise- of a small portion of their own priceless collection. You, along with your mentor, are here to ensure that these artifacts remain in the museum for public enjoyment rather than as collector items for someone seeking to turn a hefty profit. Security detail sounds uninteresting to you, Con, but you are at least glad that it is in a Museum.

Master Raskae stands beside you, an aging man with tousled gray hair and strong features, a retired champion. His real strengths lie in his physical prowess despite his age. Your Jedi Master and dedicated mentor is portrayed by Eric Roberts.

“Here we are, Con,” he says, huskily folding his arms. “The Great Museum of Zehat.”

Old Post Oct 11th, 2008 11:41 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

"Yes, Master. I am glad we were assigned to this mission. I always wanted to see the great museum. But why are we here, do we have to expect complications?" Con asks, while marveling at some of the wonders the galaxy has to offer.

Last edited by Bardock42 on Oct 11th, 2008 at 12:02 PM

Old Post Oct 11th, 2008 11:58 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

"We may," Raskae says. "The Order has put onto display several priceless artifacts, most of which would fetch a high price on the market, but there is one in particular you should be aware of. Come with me."

Master Raskae takes you into the cavernous museum, with its enormous variety of exhibits. In the central viewing gallery is the exhibit featuring the Jedi Order and its history. Old lightsabers that hooked up to belt-worn battery packs and holocrons are amongst the items presented, and many more truly archaic things. But Master Raskae leads you to the far side of the exhibit.

Within the glass case is a golden idol (not unlike that which Indiana Jones stole, but maybe friendlier looking and not as intricately designed).

"This," Raskae says, gesturing to it, "is the Votive of Light."

Old Post Oct 11th, 2008 07:30 PM
Bardock42

"It is very beautiful, Master. But what makes it so valuable?"

Old Post Oct 11th, 2008 07:39 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

"The Votive of Light has been in the possession of the Order for thousands of years. It was crafted by an ancient Jedi whose name is lost to time. The mythos surrounding the Votive says that a Jedi Master was worried of what horrible things he could do with his power should he fall to the Dark Side, and felt that he was descending down that path. Instead of allowing himself to become powerful from his hatred, he selflessly surrendered his power in the Force, imbuing this golden idol with it. Open your senses, Padawan. Reach out to it."

Last edited by REXXXX on Oct 11th, 2008 at 07:48 PM

Old Post Oct 11th, 2008 07:45 PM
Bardock42

"I can feel it master. I did not know that was possible. Is it an object of power or one of historic value though?"

Old Post Oct 11th, 2008 07:56 PM
REXXXX
Networking

The golden idol actually seems to have a presence when you reach out with your senses. It provides a soothing sensation on your mind.

"The method has been forgotten," Raskae explains, "but there was another rumor that has accompanied this idol that could very well make it an object of power. If someone unable to use the Force were to destroy it, they would gain the power of that long-dead Jedi Master."

Old Post Oct 11th, 2008 08:01 PM
Bardock42

"But could such a person have the ability to use the force as our training permits it? Hmm...but I see, if they did they would be a vessel of the dark side. It is an important task we were assigned...and an exciting one."

Old Post Oct 11th, 2008 08:05 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"It is a myth, Con. There is no way to tell if it is true without destroying such a precious artifact from the Jedi's past. Even so, I don't think it is possible to artificially imbue someone with the Force. As I said, a myth. No more. But let's just make sure it stays here, hmm? It's worth several hundred thousand credits more than anything else in this room..."

The Museum of Zehat is staffed day and night by a small contingency of guards- about twenty, spread throughout the Museum. It is an honorable position to hold in Zehat society, and the only occupation that allows them to carry firearms. Hence... they are probably not very good with them and so the Jedi have been called in to protect their own stuff.

You don't think the Jedi should have agreed to send artifacts at all, Con.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2008 09:06 PM
Bardock42

"Yes, Master. But why did the Council allow it to be sent here?"

Why do I think that? Just because of security or other reasons?

Old Post Oct 11th, 2008 09:12 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"Jedi have a history they can be proud of as defenders of the good in this Galaxy," Raskae says. "It is an artifact, nothing more, with a story attached to it."

It seems like a pointless risk to be taking, to you. If there is a rumor that this thing can bestow the gift of the Force upon its destroyer, you have a feeling that someone will want it!

Which is why you have been sent in, of course. But even so.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2008 09:17 PM
Bardock42

"The story might make it very desirable. I hope we do not run into overwhelming troubles. But Master, as I said I have always wanted to see the Museum of Zehat, may I go on a patrol walk and maybe see some of the wonders this place bears?"

Old Post Oct 11th, 2008 09:24 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"Certainly, Padawan," Raskae says, a wizened half-smile bringing up the corners of his mouth.

The Museum of Zehat has many generalized exhibits, most dedicated to aspects of the older Galaxy- Ancient Civilization, Ancient Warfare, Extinct Races & Creatures, Galactic Mysteries, etcetera. It also has many exhibits with specific focuses on organizations and species, such as yours on the Jedi Order (recently expanded) or the Hutts and many others.

The Museum is grand in size, but only has two high-ceilinged floors. Its takes up many acres, however. Easy to get lost in here!

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 08:31 AM
Bardock42

Con nods slightly towards his master, then makes his way into one of the next rooms, his reasoning being that, since they are there to protect the Jedi Order exhibit, he'll likely spend most of the time there anyways. As he realizes how big the museum is really, he tries to be very mindful of the way back. Then he makes his way from room to room, in a relatively slow pace, taking some time to inspect the many artifacts, he makes sure that he also controls the surroundings for anything that might be odd or relevant towards a crime.

Maybe I can talk with some of the guards, too? Just talking about what they think about us being here, etc.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 09:41 AM
REXXXX
Networking

The Museum has no windows; it relies on artificial lighting that will not harm the more fragile exhibits over a period of time. Nobody is going to break in that way unless they can walk through walls.

Each room has four entrances unless it is against a wall.

And the exhibits themselves are fascinating, Con. The section on Ancient Space Travel has a full-sized replica of the bullet-shaped starships that people used before the hyperdrive, which were fired out of cannons that launched them at lightspeed to other worlds. Incredibly dangerous and unreliable, but it was the beginning of things to come...

The Captain of the Guard, Pum'bet, will gladly speak with you. He speaks softly, with a slight African accent.

"Do not take offense, my friend," he says, "but we do not think your assistance will be required. This Museum, it is not possible to steal from it. All attempted robberies have been stopped since its creation."

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 07:17 PM
Bardock42

"Oh I would be very glad if that is to be the case. I much rather would enjoy the beauty of the Museum, than fight. But you said there have been attempted robberies before? Were any of the attempts of interest to our mission...or, maybe even just great stories?"

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 07:54 PM
REXXXX
Networking

He cannot think of any that would be relevant, but he does tell you one of a man trying to break by using a plasma torch to cut through the walls of the Museum from the outside. Unfortunately for him, the outer walls are incredibly thick and the plasma torch attracted attention, so they arrested him within minutes.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 08:02 PM
Bardock42

Con laughs friendly at Pum'bet's story and then says "That must have been a great sight. But, I feel I must return to my master now. It was a pleasure talking to you, Pum'bet. Oh, before I go, the museum is so vast, do you have any favourites I must see before I leave?"

I'd also like to use my scan on him. You know, better safe than sorry.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 08:20 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Pum'bet is simple but duty-bound. He will not let anything be taken from the museum. Not on his watch.

"The Galactic Mysteries section," Pum'bet says. "It never fails to baffle me."

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 08:23 PM