KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Decay

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Decay
Started by: Captain REX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (39): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bardock42

"Where is the generator? Can you spare a man? I will see what I can do."

Old Post Oct 13th, 2008 08:56 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

"The emergency generator is at the back of the Museum. Take the transport tunnel to get there. Also, we cannot raise Pum'bet on the comms. Are you sure you haven't seen him?"

My Twitter My Facebook My Tumblr My Wordpress

Old Post Oct 13th, 2008 09:03 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

"I have not. When you see him, tell him to contact me."

I'll use the transport tunnel to get to the generator then (is it straightforward or will I need a guide?)

I will also contact and update Raskae.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2008 09:07 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

The transport tunnel is a narrow hallway that the guard uses to get from one end of the Museum to the other using speederbikes. It is pretty straightforward and it ends next to the emergency generator.

Raskae tells you to find out what has happened with the emergency generator and report to him.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2008 09:09 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

So I will do that. Could I feel anything odd near the guards?

Old Post Oct 13th, 2008 09:15 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Just their confusion. They don't know what to do without the emergency generator.

When you step into the room, you see the massive emergency generator and the small maintenance crawlspace surrounding it. First thing you notice that's wrong- crackles of energy are playing across the surface of the generator and glowing from within. You don't think it is supposed to do that.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2008 09:18 AM
Bardock42

I will try to determine what I think is wrong with it, and if I believe it is safe and possible I will try to fix it. Either way I will contact Raskae and the Guards to explain the situation.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2008 09:21 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Upon closer inspection, you discover tiny circular disks attached to the generator that shouldn't be there. They are emitting electromagnetic pulses into the generator that are damaging its components and keeping it from functioning!

Someone had to put those there. This is sabotage.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2008 09:25 AM
Bardock42

Is it safe to remove them? If so I will. (I got Fix-It 9)

"The generator has been sabotaged, Master. I will try fixing it, but I am not sure if I will be able to. I will contact you, shortly"

Old Post Oct 13th, 2008 09:28 AM
REXXXX
Networking

No. They have become fused with the generator. The heat from their pulses has melted them.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2008 09:32 AM
Bardock42

Nothing I can do with the force, etc?

"Master. There is nothing to be done about the generator. I will get back to the guards and see how I can help"

Old Post Oct 13th, 2008 09:36 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"Are you certain? What has been done to sabotage it?" Raskae asks.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2008 09:38 AM
Bardock42

"They used electromagnetic pulses to damage the generator. I don't see a way of removing or destroying them without harm to the generator."

Is the last bit, true, btw? What if I do a bit of light sabre surgery?

Old Post Oct 13th, 2008 09:40 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Lightsaber surgery may be possible, if you wish to attempt it.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2008 09:42 AM
Bardock42

I'm going to destroy the generator, won't I?

Well, Con will carefully try to destroy the EMPs without damaging the generator. (can I use grip or something to destroy them more easily?)

Old Post Oct 13th, 2008 09:44 AM
REXXXX
Networking

There IS an offensive Force power meant to damage/destroy inanimate objects, called Bash, which you have! Would you prefer that method?

Old Post Oct 13th, 2008 09:46 AM
Bardock42

Yes, indeed. It seems safer.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2008 09:47 AM
REXXXX
Networking

It is. If you had tried disabling them by hand, you may electrocuted yourself. If you had tried removing them with your lightsaber, you may have slipped and damaged the generator further with your weapon that can cut through anything.

And so you concentrate small pushes with the Force, breaking each EMP until the damaging effects they are having on the generator cease.

Inspecting the generator, you figure that the rest of the repair work will be beyond your capability. Reporting to the guard, they tell you that they will send someone back to help you.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2008 09:50 AM
Bardock42

Con, after hearing that back up should arrive shortly, takes a moment to catch his breath and then contacts his master once more "Master? I may have been too hasty. It seems I was able to destroy the EMPs. The generator is still not functioning, but a mechanic should arrive here shorly. Should I stay here and wait for him?"

Old Post Oct 13th, 2008 09:53 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Raskae does not respond right away. You have a feeling that he is thinking.

"No," Raskae says. "I want you to investigate what we sensed earlier. If someone sabotage the generator, we have an intruder and we don't know where he is. We need to find him before he finds us."

Old Post Oct 13th, 2008 09:55 AM