KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Decay

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Decay
Started by: Captain REX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (39): « First ... « 36 37 [38] 39 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

Unfortunately, the pilot is not much of a liar.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 08:31 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Okay, then I reply: "The ship has malfunctioned, we need repairing before we can continue the search".

Though I will also get ready to abandon the ship with the pilot...in case my clever lie should be detected...however unlikely that is.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2009 08:55 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

A simple lie that can be verified by the damage the dropship sustained in the crash. The coordinator buys it and tells you to report to the hangar for maintenance.

"Okay," the pilot says, switching off the comm. "We're going to need to circle a few times and find a ship we want to snatch. You pick it out. And make it something combat-ready. I'm going to pick targets to make our distraction with."

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2009 10:38 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Okay, what ships can I detect?

Old Post Mar 4th, 2009 01:33 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Rather, you are looking visually at the ships from the air as the pilot circles.

Among your choices are:

- A small stuntfighter, very fast but unarmed; no guards

- A light transport ship of an older model; a group of guards

- A bulk cruiser that is apparently being outfitted for military operation; three groups of guards

A group of Grotos guards is four men, wearing their patchy orange armor. You will have to consider the cons and pros of each ship (both immediate and in the long run), and also how long you take with the guards.

Last edited by REXXXX on Mar 4th, 2009 at 04:55 AM

Old Post Mar 4th, 2009 03:09 AM
Bardock42

Hmm, how fast are the cruiser and the transport respectively? And can a stuntfighter even do the distance I need it to go?

Old Post Mar 4th, 2009 08:43 AM
REXXXX
Networking

A stuntfighter would be the equivalent of an X-Wing; Luke seems to get places in one.

The transport is somewhat slower than the stuntfighter, and the cruiser is significantly slower. What they lack in speed they make up for in armor and shielding, of course. You only need to leave the atmosphere to get free.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2009 11:06 AM
Bardock42

I will try to get the light transport then. Can I drop down on the guards and take them by surprise.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2009 09:51 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Light transport it is!

The pilot thinks you should wait until his distraction happens. And he has just the thing... a group of dropships tightly packed into a hangar near the transport you picked. A concussive missiles or two should set off a chain reaction and rip them apart. After that it is up to you what happens.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2009 10:25 PM
Bardock42

Isn't the pilot going to accompany me?

Old Post Mar 4th, 2009 10:28 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Yes.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2009 10:31 PM
Bardock42

Ah okay, got confused.

Well, I will await the distraction, then storm towards the guards.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2009 10:41 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"Am I going to be able to keep up with you?" he asks.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2009 10:43 PM
Bardock42

"It will take me some time to get rid of the guards, you just close in during the fight."

Old Post Mar 6th, 2009 11:57 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"Roger that..."

The pilot moves the dropship in, ready to launch his surprise attack. When does Con want to jump out? And how does he want to tackle the four guards?

Old Post Mar 9th, 2009 04:31 PM
Bardock42

Hm, at a convenient time to do a quick attack on them. I will go with my usual Flying CHarge, I think. It works very well.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2009 09:26 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Then here we go...

The pilot brings the dropship in low on his approach, as if making to land the dropship on the runway. Instead, he throws the dropship into a sideways glide, shutting off the starboard thruster and sending the power portside. The front of the dropship is aimed towards the hangars where more dropships are parked, as planned.

The pilot does not bother to aim his shots. Squeezing the thumb-trigger on the steering yoke, he launches a barrage of concussion missiles into the hangar. Each detonation takes out a group of dropships and knocks everyone within reach of the shockwave flat to the ground. The low roof of the hangar is blown upwards and debris is thrown about the starport.

With everyone concentrated on the fire that is now spreading from the demolished hangar, the pilot sets the dropship straight again and jams the thrusters.

"Bail!" the pilot says, scrambling out of the cockpit. When you are ready to jump, the dropship is carrying you right past the four startled guards guarding the transport...

Feel free to describe how this goes down.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2009 09:16 PM
Bardock42

Do I get to attack straight away?

Old Post Mar 12th, 2009 11:32 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Yes.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2009 12:25 AM
Bardock42

As the ship descends towards the ground Con prepares himself for the exit. When the ship is close enough he swiftly jumps out and charges flying towards his enemies with his sabre ignited

Old Post Mar 18th, 2009 09:46 PM