KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Decay

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Decay
Started by: Captain REX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (39): « First ... « 37 38 [39]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

When Con lands, he cuts straight through the first Grotos in reach with an 18, before moving on to the next two with broad slashes. This leaves a single Grotos standing in your way...

Old Post Mar 20th, 2009 10:07 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

If he is attacking I will use Reflection on him, if it's my turn I just cut him down with a regular attack.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2009 04:05 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Consider him Reflected, leaving the way onward clear and the transport in your possession. The pilot scrambles up the on-ramp in a race to the cockpit as the Grotos start to recover from the distraction.

"Get on the turret!" he shouts as he rushes past you.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2009 07:32 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I will get on to the weapon then, are any enemies approaching?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2009 02:03 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Grotos soldiers that are not preoccupied with being on fire are starting to run in your direction, just as the dropship you bailed out of collides with the modified freighter. It explodes fantastically, sending debris falling over the troops as they run after you, thinning their numbers.

Also, dropships in the air are seeing what is going on and zooming back into the area. The transport is a sitting duck until the pilot gets it in the air.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2009 02:11 AM
Bardock42

Well, I want to fire and take down anyone that runs towards my new ship.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2009 02:12 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Not a problem. When you turn the single-barreled turret on them, it pumps out a torrent of lasers that sends them all running for cover or causes them to explode violently.

The transport takes off, the pilot gunning it before the safeties have been unlocked. It has powerful engines, but not exactly the speed you would have liked. You have four dropships that take up pursuit...

---

Transport: 40

Dropships x4: 0

---

Since the pilot is not enormously talented he will be flying in a straight line, so operating the turret has no penalties. The ponderous dropships are even in class with the transport and so nothing special there either. But it would be an enormous pain if they shot you down.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2009 02:29 AM
Bardock42

How does this work? I just nominate an enemy...is it the same as blaster firing?

Old Post Mar 24th, 2009 11:17 AM
REXXXX
Networking

It is a straight Guns roll to attack a dropship of your choosing. Once they accumulate five hits, they will be destroyed.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2009 11:26 AM
Bardock42

Alright, I will pick out the nearest to me and fire withall I have.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2009 11:32 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Con isn't messing around. As a dropship tries to creep up on the transport's rear, he locks on and squeezes off a blistering volley. 8 rolled. Before the dropship has a chance to fire, it is blown apart by your precise shooting.

However, without evasive maneuvers, your transport is struck with a few glancing shots that flicker against the shields.

---

Transport: 31

Dropships x3: 0

---

Old Post Mar 24th, 2009 11:38 AM
Bardock42

Con wishes to himself that Sparnik's man would have been a more skilled pilot, but as it is he's thankful that he has at least some way of transport. Hoping to eliminate the dropships before any serious damage is done he picks out the next and fires just as he done witht he first.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2009 11:43 AM
REXXXX
Networking

The pilot apparently shares your sentiments on preventing serious damage. This turn he makes an attempt at evasion. This puts a damper on your shooting... you roll a 5, which is a hit for only superficial damage. But he stays clear the return fire, except for a blast that strikes your flank.

---

Transport: 26

Dropships x3: 0

---

Old Post Mar 24th, 2009 11:59 AM
Bardock42

Damn, but better than being blown to pieces. I fire at the one I aimed at before.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2009 09:30 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Lining up your shots more carefully this time, you roll a 16. The lasers strike the cockpit directly and send the burned out ship spinning towards the ground.

8 and 7 against you... the transport stays clear thanks to your pilot's defensive flying.

---

Transport: 26

Dropships x2: 0

---

The transport is slowly rising towards space...

Old Post Mar 26th, 2009 09:35 PM
Bardock42

Only two to go, I shoot at the closer one again.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 05:01 PM
REXXXX
Networking

A 10 solidly strikes the dropship's portside engine, blowing it apart and causing it to swerve into the path of the oncoming final dropship. You roll a 16 and obliterate both dropships in one massive fireball.

"All clear, Jedi," the pilot says. "Great shooting. Now... to Luon."

For the first time in several years, you break out of the atmosphere of Vono'k, the mountain ranges stretched out below you like a map... and then it vanishes into the distance as the transport leaps into hyperspace...

Old Post Mar 28th, 2009 09:12 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Coruscant

Master Raskae sits watching a class of Padawans practicing their lightsaber stances. The blades of green and blue remind him of fields from some foreign planet he visited in his career. Sighing, he waves his hand to manipulate the steering mechanism for his hoverchair, angling it so he can watch the sun dip below the horizon.

"Master Raskae," says a woman's voice.

"Yes?" He turns the chair about again. "Ah, Master Clarion. To what do I owe this visit? I had heard you were handling the aftermath of recent events on Naboo..."

"My work there is complete," Clarion assures him. "Now, I have a new matter to attend to. Your old Padawan has been seen in Republic space."

Raskae's eyebrows raise in surprise. "Con? So the wars on Vono'k did not claim him..."

"Indeed. He is on the outlying world of Luon. It is a Republic world... but in affiliation only. Reformation is needed but I know the Senate will not bother handling the corruption that the government is rife with. Nor will the Syndicate allow it to happen."

"I know of Luon," Raskae says. He thinks for a moment. "When do we set out?"

End

-

The events of Con's fall to the Dark Side will be continued in Part 2, DESCENT.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2009 09:27 AM
Bardock42

VICTORY!!!

Great campaign so far, Rex. Thanks.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2009 10:33 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Hopefully it will only improve from here.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2009 10:38 AM