KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Surfer's energy blasts vs Superman's Heat vision

Surfer's energy blasts vs Superman's Heat vision
Started by: Superman XX5

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Red Hulk
I don't see what a Superman who was powered up by being right beside a sun (previous to that) has to do with regular Superman. I mean, Surfer destroyed a solar system plus when he was powered up, and no one brings up that.

Bring it up with the guys who wanted to see this scan.

All I showed is that Supes has some fine control over his HV.

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 12:00 PM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Originally posted by Ambient
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/...versurfekp8.jpg

Thanos ---- " It is a singularity-- blackhole-- brought about by Surfer's energy discharge."

Energy discharge = Energy blast.. Surfer's energy blast cause a singularity blackhole, similar to a massive sun going supernova which then undergoes into a singularity blackhole... So this energy discharge (blast) equals the strength of a supernova, the "Effect or catalyst" you are referring to.. wink

Not likely as once again surfer has use use/discharge power in order for any kind of effect to happen. No blast was shown or ever mentioned...and again..in the very next issue...blasts weren't doing much.

Artificial Black holes have been created on tabletops btw.

quote:
Scientists Create Artificial Black Hole in Lab

Saturday, March 08, 2008

By Charles Q. Choi

The mysterious properties of black holes can be recreated on a tabletop, scientists now reveal.

Oblivion (a figment of Kyle Rayners imagination) caused an event far greater than a black hole... it doesn't mean that Kyle can blast more powerful that Surfer and Supes.

Oh...and Thanos has never blasted open a black hole...guess that means SS must be more powerful than him. LOL

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 12:39 PM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Avlon
Oh...and Thanos has never blasted open a black hole...guess that means SS must be more powerful than him. LOL

But he is shifty

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 01:09 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

Originally posted by Avlon
Not likely as once again surfer has use use/discharge power in order for any kind of effect to happen. No blast was shown or ever mentioned...and again..in the very next issue...blasts weren't doing much.

Artificial Black holes have been created on tabletops btw.

Oblivion (a figment of Kyle Rayners imagination) caused an event far greater than a black hole... it doesn't mean that Kyle can blast more powerful that Surfer and Supes.

Again it was brought about as a direct result of the huge amount of energy surfer discharged. This is obvious from thanos statement. Not some form of mater manipulation.

And actually only SOME aspects of blackholes have been mimiced by scientist on a far far smaller scale. What even did oblivion cause? Did he cause it as an after effect of his energy discharge?

And Thanos has feats much higher than creating a blackhole anyways.( Dropping galactus)

All thanks goes to starlock.
"Beware trolls, know me and know fear"

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 01:44 PM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

I would say Surfer's blast is more powerful as it can be modified to exploit weaknesses.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 03:59 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
I would say Surfer's blast is more powerful as it can be modified to exploit weaknesses.
well superman's Blast have been modified to exploit weaknesses too. He's used his whisle to cancel psionics. He's used his breath to chill opponents and cause gale force winds. He's used his heat vision to Pwn Parademons.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 04:23 PM
fangirl101 is currently offline Click here to Send fangirl101 a Private Message Find more posts by fangirl101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

SS has destroyed Planet without trying if someone can show similar feat by Superman than we can try to compare what's more powerful.

Heat Vision does have good feat but nothing that would come to the power output SS puts up.

Superman does most of his damage h2h

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 04:36 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by kgkg
SS has destroyed Planet without trying if someone can show similar feat by Superman than we can try to compare what's more powerful.

Heat Vision does have good feat but nothing that would come to the power output SS puts up.

Superman does most of his damage h2h

Superman has powered the engines of warworld with a blat of heat vision. Food for thought.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 04:39 PM
fangirl101 is currently offline Click here to Send fangirl101 a Private Message Find more posts by fangirl101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

Originally posted by fangirl101
well superman's Blast have been modified to exploit weaknesses too. He's used his whisle to cancel psionics. He's used his breath to chill opponents and cause gale force winds. He's used his heat vision to Pwn Parademons.

Not that this is even relevant but him using how is him using his breathe to freeze things and blow things away modifying his blasts to exploit weakness?

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 04:59 PM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ultimatethor
Not that this is even relevant but him using how is him using his breathe to freeze things and blow things away modifying his blasts to exploit weakness?

His breathe used to be used to just blow. But he's learned how to modify it to freeze things. He's learned how to use it to whistle and break telepathic holds. and other insane things.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 05:19 PM
bbrem123

this is ridiculous obviously surfers blasts r more powerful then supes HV...not say supermans HV isnt powerful cuz it is but it just doesnt compare to what SS can do

say supermans HV is more powerful just means ur a fanboy and nothing more

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 05:27 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by bbrem123
this is ridiculous obviously surfers blasts r more powerful then supes HV...not say supermans HV isnt powerful cuz it is but it just doesnt compare to what SS can do

say supermans HV is more powerful just means ur a fanboy and nothing more

It's like when people say surfer is as strong as Superman. And that he can amp past Superman's strength. And that Surfer fights at sueprman levels of speed. That is ridiculous. To say such things just means ur a fanboy and nothing more. confused

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 05:30 PM
bbrem123

It's like when people say surfer is as strong as Superman. And that he can amp past Superman's strength. And that Surfer fights at sueprman levels of speed. That is ridiculous. To say such things just means ur a fanboy and nothing more. confused

feat wise super has far greater strength, but it know by everybody that surfer can increase his strength to levels unknown making it impossible to every really know who is stronger

and speed wise surfer has show comparable combat speed shown when he attacked nova

but this is not the topic we r on so it is irrelevant...supes HV has never been show or said to be as powerful surfer blasts...if u can find sufficient evidence that shows comparable feat then maybe u have an argument

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 05:42 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

feat wise super has far greater strength, but it know by everybody that surfer can increase his strength to levels unknown making it impossible to every really know who is stronger

and speed wise surfer has show comparable combat speed shown when he attacked nova

but this is not the topic we r on so it is irrelevant...supes HV has never been show or said to be as powerful surfer blasts...if u can find sufficient evidence that shows comparable feat then maybe u have an argument

I don't have an argument. cuz I dont' care. I just said that Superman's heat vision had powered warworld before. It has also matched the Omega beams. ( Not the force of effect). And it's on shotted Despero.
one a skyfather, the other a trans leveler.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 05:44 PM
bbrem123

I don't have an argument. cuz I dont' care. I just said that Superman's heat vision had powered warworld before. It has also matched the Omega beams. ( Not the force of effect). And it's on shotted Despero.
one a skyfather, the other a trans leveler.

if u dont care then y r u in this thread?

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 05:46 PM
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

if u dont care then y r u in this thread?

Just to see the ridiculous arguments being presented on either side. people using surfer's cosmic effects as part of his blast power. Or People using Superman's control over his HV as part of the potency of his blast power. Neither are good gauges.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 05:47 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by The Great Galen
SS has better depictions of energy porjectibility due to the nature of his character, however it's already been confirmed that Supes HV potency is beyond current scientific caculations:

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/...tvision30nk.jpg

It's a underestimated and frequently underatted power, but just like with SS's strength that is shown to rival savage hulk's power even inspite of underwhealming strength feats to suggest otherwise...it just isn't in Supes character to "destroy star systems".
Superman cant destroy solar systems. I havent even seen him destroy a planet. Seriously,Surfer is a lot more powerful. The ignorance in this thread and the excuses are laughable.

Superman is powerful but not as powerful as Surfer. Thats it. Unless anyone has any scans to say otherwise.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 05:49 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToughMind

laughing I could not stop laughing looking at the thread title. Surfer creams Superman in this category. Since someone brought up Superman's combat speed. Surfer is far from slow in terms of combat speed but what good is combat speed going to do you when you have a being flying on his board who is must faster than you firing energy blasts that connect.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 06:20 PM
ToughMind is currently offline Click here to Send ToughMind a Private Message Find more posts by ToughMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

Just to see the ridiculous arguments being presented on either side. people using surfer's cosmic effects as part of his blast power. Or People using Superman's control over his HV as part of the potency of his blast power. Neither are good gauges.

Nobody is using any" cosmic" effects to judge surfers blast power.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 06:20 PM
skygunner41
I'll be back!

Swiss army tool (HV) VS Surfer Energy Blast (PC The ultimate plot device blast)...hmm I think Surfer had an advantage here.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 06:37 PM
skygunner41 is currently offline Click here to Send skygunner41 a Private Message Find more posts by skygunner41 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote