KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Viktor vs Markus

Viktor vs Markus
Started by: Markus Corvinus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Utrigita

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Markus Corvinus
You are aware that anyone can edit wikipedia, and I was the one who had to change it so that it said hybrid. He's not a hybrid, Selene only said so because she had not yet discovered he was the first vampire. Tell me, if he's a hybrid, why does he have bat wings, and a very bat like face? He's not a hybrid, that's why.

I am I just pointed out the doublestanard in what Robtard posted. Tell me if he isn't a Hybrid then why does he has the same color on his skin as Micheal, also it's very possible given the circumstances that transformed him into a vampire in the first place (the bat bite) evolved when it came into contact with the Lycan blood, think about it Micheal gets a complete package with apperances from both sides, Markus as the first vampire not the human descendent would instead trigger the more batlike DNA. You can perhaps tell me how he survived the blood of a Lycan after the scientist specificly in the first movie pointed out that even at cell level their different dna fought each other? That blood shouldn't have awakened him it should have killed him.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2008 08:41 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

From what I heard, Michael had a more Lycan appearance whereas Markus had a more batlike appearance as hybrids, since Michael was originally a Lycan and Markus was originally a vampire.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2008 11:34 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Utrigita
Funny because on Wiki the very same site you are using under the picture it says "Marcus in his full hybrid state."

You realize that "hybrid" can refer to more than just vampire/werewolf combo thing right? In that little picture with that "hybird" caption, they're referring to his human/bat hybrid form.

Seriously, the movies aren't that hard to follow.

Begs the question too, if he was somehow part werewolf(which he isn't), why would he grow wings and a batl-ike face from being a vamp/wwolf cross? Answer: He isn't part werewolf.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Oct 13th, 2008 at 11:43 PM

Old Post Oct 13th, 2008 11:39 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
From what I heard, Michael had a more Lycan appearance whereas Markus had a more batlike appearance as hybrids, since Michael was originally a Lycan and Markus was originally a vampire.

Dude, seriosuly now, the movies are not complex. Markus looks like a bat because he was the first vampire (bitten by bat); William looks like a wolf because he was the first werewold (bitten by a wolf).

Old Post Oct 13th, 2008 11:42 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Markus Corvinus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Skin color means absolute nothing, and I really would think people have a hard time following what they are watching. Whoever watched the movie would know that black is basically the color for werewolves (hence why when Michael was first changing into a hybrid, his skin became completely black first) and the color for vampires is blue. It's not hard to follow at all. Markus is not a hybrid, if he were, he wouldn't be so bat like. By the way, if he's a hybrid, why did he have to get out of the sunlight and why was he hung in a bat like possession whilst sleeping? Correct me if I'm wrong but Michael doesn't have to be afraid of light, and he doesn't sleep like a bat. I swear, if anyone thinks that Markus is a hybrid after I have compiled all of this, I'll be forced to think there's something wrong with your comprehension, sorry.

"Major, a great writer once said; "There are clefts in the rock where we see the back part of God and tremble." There's no training for what you saw out there because it's not an enemy that confronts us. It's a new power, let loose through a crack in the cliff of nature's mystery."

Old Post Oct 13th, 2008 11:50 PM
Markus Corvinus is currently offline Click here to Send Markus Corvinus a Private Message Find more posts by Markus Corvinus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Calm down.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 12:10 AM
Markus Corvinus
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm perfectly calm...just baffled at how anyone thinks he's a hybrid is all.

"Major, a great writer once said; "There are clefts in the rock where we see the back part of God and tremble." There's no training for what you saw out there because it's not an enemy that confronts us. It's a new power, let loose through a crack in the cliff of nature's mystery."

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 12:17 AM
Markus Corvinus is currently offline Click here to Send Markus Corvinus a Private Message Find more posts by Markus Corvinus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Deep breaths, we'll get through this.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 12:19 AM
Markus Corvinus
Restricted

Account Restricted

How funny.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 12:34 AM
NemeBro

Originally posted by Robtard
Deep breaths, we'll get through this.
Hot.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 12:50 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Markus Corvinus
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm in the midst of rewatching the fight between Michael & Viktor. Viktor truly kicked his ass.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 12:51 AM
Utrigita

Originally posted by Robtard
You realize that "hybrid" can refer to more than just vampire/werewolf combo thing right? In that little picture with that "hybird" caption, they're referring to his human/bat hybrid form.

Seriously, the movies aren't that hard to follow.

Begs the question too, if he was somehow part werewolf(which he isn't), why would he grow wings and a batl-ike face from being a vamp/wwolf cross? Answer: He isn't part werewolf.

You do realise that such a crossing is called a vampire not a Hybrid? In Underworld a Hybrid is a crossing between a Vampire and a Lycan.

From my point of view the case is fair straight forward so it is in my opinion, a Descendent of Alexander Corvenus gets Lycan blood in his mouth and survives, what happened to the other Descendent that happened to get his the two DNA's mixed?

He is part werewolf, let me explain why however his apperance is as it is. Micheal when assuming his Hybrid form is still portrayed as a human his entire body structure is human, it would only be logical to assume that when the first of the vampires gets a amount of blood from a Lycan then the bat gene will trigger. Maybe you would like to explain too me why Kraven is shocked when he sees Markus and why Markus prior didn't show that form? Maybe you can explain to me why Markus can go toe on toe with Micheal a Hybrid and defeat him, when it has been clearly stated that a Hybrid is stonger then both races, Micheal defeats William but gets defeated by Markus that by you isn't more then a the first vampire which should make no difference, he should have been owned.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 01:33 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Originally posted by Markus Corvinus
Skin color means absolute nothing, and I really would think people have a hard time following what they are watching. Whoever watched the movie would know that black is basically the color for werewolves (hence why when Michael was first changing into a hybrid, his skin became completely black first) and the color for vampires is blue. It's not hard to follow at all. Markus is not a hybrid, if he were, he wouldn't be so bat like. By the way, if he's a hybrid, why did he have to get out of the sunlight and why was he hung in a bat like possession whilst sleeping? Correct me if I'm wrong but Michael doesn't have to be afraid of light, and he doesn't sleep like a bat. I swear, if anyone thinks that Markus is a hybrid after I have compiled all of this, I'll be forced to think there's something wrong with your comprehension, sorry.

Even though his skin color is completely different from all the others vampires? Yes it appears that way. And you draw the conclusion that vampires are blue from what? He wasn't anything near that batlike in his very first apperance, what triggered that transformation? Certainly not age since the vampires doesn't evolve. Again as mentioned before it's entirely possible that the transformation triggered the more Batlike DNA in, what is your explanation for his sudden showing of this form he most certainly wasn't in it when we meet him the first time. Micheal was raised and born as a human, Markus for the more then 500 years been used to seeking shelter whenever the sun was appearing why should he change his habbits and take the chance that the sun would fry him?

Also none of you have answered my most vital question... If Markus wasn't transformed into a Hybrid when absorbing the blood of the Lycan then how did he survive that? The species hate each other...

I will be forced to think the same thing about yours from my point of view it's very clear that Markus is a hybrid else he would have stood no chance against the Hybrid that are more powerful then both races individually.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 01:40 PM
Utrigita

Am I correct Markus when I assume that none of us are going to agree with the other on this point?

Agree to disagree?

Oh and sorry for the last Comment I know that their is nothing wrong with you ability to comprehend, we just analyse Markus in two entirely different ways.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 06:37 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Selene called Markus a hybrid herself

Human/Bat

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 06:45 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Markus Corvinus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Markus was never human, he was the immortal son of Alexander Corvinus, so he's an immortal/vampire hybrid, if you want to look at it that way. I'll say it once more: Selene said Markus was a hybrid before learning the truth behind him being the first true vampire. That's why he has the form. And I'm just going to conclude that Utrigita didn't pay attention to what he was watching, hence the absurd belief that Markus is a hybrid. If he were, he wouldn't be so bat like, and if you can't see that he's like that due to being the first vampire, it's not due to you thinking your right, it's downright incompetence.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 09:17 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Utrigita
You do realise that such a crossing is called a vampire not a Hybrid? In Underworld a Hybrid is a crossing between a Vampire and a Lycan.

From my point of view the case is fair straight forward so it is in my opinion, a Descendent of Alexander Corvenus gets Lycan blood in his mouth and survives, what happened to the other Descendent that happened to get his the two DNA's mixed?

He is part werewolf, let me explain why however his apperance is as it is. Micheal when assuming his Hybrid form is still portrayed as a human his entire body structure is human, it would only be logical to assume that when the first of the vampires gets a amount of blood from a Lycan then the bat gene will trigger. Maybe you would like to explain too me why Kraven is shocked when he sees Markus and why Markus prior didn't show that form? Maybe you can explain to me why Markus can go toe on toe with Micheal a Hybrid and defeat him, when it has been clearly stated that a Hybrid is stonger then both races, Micheal defeats William but gets defeated by Markus that by you isn't more then a the first vampire which should make no difference, he should have been owned.

You're being incredibly dense, that "hybrid" caption in the picture is in reference to Markus taking his half man/bat form, as he's able to look human or release just some of his bat features ar will.

Where is it stated anywhere in the film that drinking werewolf blood would make any vampire a werewolf-vamp hybrid? It doesn't. If that's all it took, then there would have been no need for Michael/the plot in the first film.

He's incredibly strong because he was the first vampire, just as William is incredibly strong because he was the first werewolf. As far as who defeats who, it's called plot-line and action, if Michael went in and just killed everyone, then there wouldn't much of a story.

As I also recall in the first film, Viktor, an elder vamp (not a hybrid nor the first of his race) put a decent beat-down on Michael.

Got it? Good.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 09:27 PM
NemeBro

Michael was needed because he just so happened to have the "Corvinus strand" or whatever it is called.

Which Markus has also.

Whoa.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 12:37 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Michael was also not the original vamp or werewolf, he had a clean slate to work with.

Whoa X2.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 12:58 AM
Markus Corvinus
Restricted

Account Restricted

I hate how people forget Singe's explanation on the whole hybrid issue. Viktor brought up Markus, and Singe said they needed a pure source.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 02:25 AM