KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Viktor vs Markus

Viktor vs Markus
Started by: Markus Corvinus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Utrigita

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
You're being incredibly dense, that "hybrid" caption in the picture is in reference to Markus taking his half man/bat form, as he's able to look human or release just some of his bat features ar will.

Where is it stated anywhere in the film that drinking werewolf blood would make any vampire a werewolf-vamp hybrid? It doesn't. If that's all it took, then there would have been no need for Michael/the plot in the first film.

He's incredibly strong because he was the first vampire, just as William is incredibly strong because he was the first werewolf. As far as who defeats who, it's called plot-line and action, if Michael went in and just killed everyone, then there wouldn't much of a story.

As I also recall in the first film, Viktor, an elder vamp (not a hybrid nor the first of his race) put a decent beat-down on Michael.

Got it? Good.

That would be a matter of perspective concerning who is being dense. So you say that the batform is a form that he had all along with Black Eyes just a Micheal? If he was a Vampire his iris would still be visible. And btw

quote:
While not a fourth race, a Hybrid is a fusion of Lycan and Vampire at the cellular level. As such it is far more powerful than either species, with none of the weaknesses. The physical appearance of a Hybrid varies depending on the species it was first. A Hybrid with a Lycan dominant side resembles a Lycan in appearance. However, their faces are only slightly elongated, and their eyes are completely black. They also have little or no fur and blueish-grey skin. They also have talons like a Lycan, and the animalistic posture of a Lycan. Michael Corvin was the first of this kind of Hybrid to be seen. A Hybrid who was a Vampire first, on the other hand, has more physical attributes portraying its Vampire ancestry. While it shares the black eyes, grey skin, Lycan talons and musculature of a Lycan dominant Hybrid, a Vampire dominant Hybrid has noticeably bat-like ears flattened into its head, a bat-like nose, no hair at all and taloned wings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybrid_(Underworld)#Hybrids

Have you even watched the movies and payed attention to other then the fight scenes? Why do you think that the Lycan where searching for the last remaining mortal descendent of Alexander Corvenus for their own twisted pleasure? No they did it because only a descendent of the Corvenus was capable of overcomming the feud between the two bloodlines, as the scientist says when he explains what they are trying to create, he clearly says that even on a cellular level the two species fight against each other, now take that knowlegde and try and put some werewolf blood into the mouth of any none Corvenus that is a vampire and think a bit about the result.

He is incrediably strong because he became a hybrid, not because he is the first vampire which as so wonderful clearly showed by Micheal was nothing against the power of a hybrid. No it wouldn't hence the reason they had to create a new being that could lay the smack down on Micheal and give him opposition, hence Markus was ressurrected as a Hybrid he even acknowlegde in the film that he himself isn't a vampire but something more.

quote:
Marcus: Hello Father.
Alexander Corvinus: You are unwelcome in my presence.
Marcus: Ah. The predictable heart that never thaws. Pity it beats within such a fool. The eldest of the immortals, yet you have made no attempt to seize your destiny.
Alexander Corvinus: We are oddities of nature, you and I. Nothing more! This is a world for humanity.
Marcus: And that petty sentiment explains why you rejected your sons? Why you stood by for over half a millennium as William suffered alone in darkness? No, Father, I have no respect for your petty sentiment. Viktor's key. Where is it?
Alexander Corvinus: Whatever plan you have for William is futile. You cannot control your brother.
Marcus: Oh, I am stronger now. And our bond is greater than you have ever wanted to acknowledge.
Alexander Corvinus: You're wrong. Soon you'll be drowning in Lycans just like before.
Marcus: Oh, not Lycans, Father, or Vampires. A new race created in the image of their maker. Their new God. Me.

[Marcus impales Alexander to the wall with his talon]
Marcus: And a true God
[picks up a sword]
Marcus: has no father.
[Marcus drives the sword through Alexander, then takes the key out of his top pocket]
Alexander Corvinus: You will fail.

Now why would Markus be talking about a new race if he himself wasn't a part of one seems highly irrationel.

Micheal who at that point wasn't in complete control of his own power and didn't understand his own strength and he fought a much more experienced warrior.

Got it? I would be surprised.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 04:01 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Just as a last note you can go to this site

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/.../site/home.html

and read a bit about Markus if you doesn't wasn't too allow me to quote.

quote:
Markus awoke with the blood of the Lycan scientist, singe, coursing through his veins. Markus has become a terrifying new breed with unfathomable strength and power

Well atleast the bat/human = Hybrid got shot down...

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 04:31 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Markus Corvinus
Restricted

Account Restricted

There was no new breed, he was the first vampire, and so he looks like a vampire. On the special features of the DVD they don't say anything at all about him being a hybrid or new breed.

"Major, a great writer once said; "There are clefts in the rock where we see the back part of God and tremble." There's no training for what you saw out there because it's not an enemy that confronts us. It's a new power, let loose through a crack in the cliff of nature's mystery."

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 04:47 PM
Markus Corvinus is currently offline Click here to Send Markus Corvinus a Private Message Find more posts by Markus Corvinus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

It might be so but The Lycans resemble their creator William (looks like him) Now I may be wrong but I don't think I have seen any single vampire in any way resembling Markus in the form you claim that he had all along, I have however seen alot of vampires reflecting his apperance when he appeared the first time the human appearance.

Okay so tell me why the official website says otherwise, tell me why Markus in the movie itself doesn't refere to himself as a vampire as both Robtard and you claim that he is.

Last edited by Utrigita on Oct 15th, 2008 at 04:56 PM

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 04:53 PM
Markus Corvinus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tell me why you'd think it's so easy for a new breed to be created with a few spills of blood. You lack serious logic.

"Major, a great writer once said; "There are clefts in the rock where we see the back part of God and tremble." There's no training for what you saw out there because it's not an enemy that confronts us. It's a new power, let loose through a crack in the cliff of nature's mystery."

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 04:55 PM
Markus Corvinus is currently offline Click here to Send Markus Corvinus a Private Message Find more posts by Markus Corvinus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Few spills of Blood, the average human body contain 5,6 liters of blood, seeing how, when Kraven and his gang entered the crypt, one could see that all the blood that had left singes body had flowned into Markus crypt we have no idea of how much blood he actually got but judging from the size of the pool of blood I would say more then a few spills.

Now you tell me, why a Vampire can go toe to toe and defeat with a Hybrid, a Hybrid that rips the head of William the strongest Lycan that is should be superior to any Vampire.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 05:02 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Utrigita
It might be so but The Lycans resemble their creator William (looks like him) Now I may be wrong but I don't think I have seen any single vampire in any way resembling Markus in the form you claim that he had all along, I have however seen alot of vampires reflecting his apperance when he appeared the first time the human appearance.

Okay so tell me why the official website says otherwise, tell me why Markus in the movie itself doesn't refere to himself as a vampire as both Robtard and you claim that he is.

My, my, the Lycans look different than William too, the're almost hairless and blue/black-skinned, he looks like a bipedal wolf, since he was the first werewolf. Just as Markus looks or can look a lot different than the other vampires because he was the first vampire.

As far as strength/power goes, the vampires gain more strength as they age, it's the reason why Viktor was such a bad-ass, he was an elder. Remember when he easily broke a Lycan's neck with one hand in that shitty first film?

Tell me something, if Markus is a werewolf/vampire hybrid as you seem so intent on believing, why doesn't he have a single Lycan feature, but instead, looks entirely like a man-bat when transformed?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 05:18 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Markus Corvinus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Markus never defeated Markus. They fought on the back of the truck, and Michael beat the crap out of him. He was thrown off the truck, not defeated. The second time they "fought" Michael was caught off guard and not in hybrid form, which allowed Markus an easy win. First he's a hybrid, now he's a new breed. Please stop coming up with all these ridiculous theories.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 05:20 PM
Utrigita

My, my, the Lycans look different than William too, the're almost hairless and blue/black-skinned, he looks like a bipedal wolf, since he was the first werewolf. Just as Markus looks or can look a lot different than the other vampires because he was the first vampire.

As far as strength/power goes, the vampires gain more strength as they age, it's the reason why Viktor was such a bad-ass, he was an elder. Remember when he easily broke a Lycan's neck with one hand in that shitty first film?

Tell me something, if Markus is a werewolf/vampire hybrid as you seem so intent on believing, why doesn't he have a single Lycan feature, but instead, looks entirely like a man-bat when transformed?

I find it rather funny that you choose to answer to my post directed towards Markus instead focusing on the post directed to you at the top...

You can still tell me similarities between William and his offspring care to point out the similarities between Markus Bat form and his off spring? Thought not because their is none when he is in that form

I do remember that yes.

I have already answered that question at least two times, and still you ask the same question and you are calling me dense? But I think Wikipedia which you used originally said it best.

quote:
A Hybrid who was a Vampire first, on the other hand, has more physical attributes portraying its Vampire ancestry. While it shares the black eyes, grey skin, Lycan talons and musculature of a Lycan dominant Hybrid, a Vampire dominant Hybrid has noticeably bat-like ears flattened into its head, a bat-like nose, no hair at all and taloned wings.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 05:39 PM
Markus Corvinus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dude, Selene herself said that the virus they transmute is deadly and most humans die within an hour of being bitten, so what makes you think his offspring would gain a bat form like him? Truly, you have nothing supporting your claim, not even Wikipedia.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 05:44 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Utrigita
I find it rather funny that you choose to answer to my post directed towards Markus instead focusing on the post directed to you at the top...

You can still tell me similarities between William and his offspring care to point out the similarities between Markus Bat form and his off spring? Thought not because their is none when he is in that form

I do remember that yes.

I have already answered that question at least two times, and still you ask the same question and you are calling me dense? But I think Wikipedia which you used originally said it best.

Because it was nothing but more senseless ramblings.

Because the (non-original) vampires do not tranform, they have a single form? Whoa.

Yeah, that wiki article on Underworld Hybrids isn't cited, for al we know, some silly ass-clown wrote it and/or edited it.

I also have to ask, why did you switch from calling Markus a "hybrid", like Michael, to a "new breed" now? Granted, that makes more sense, why the oh-not-so-clever switch?

Last edited by Robtard on Oct 15th, 2008 at 05:49 PM

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 05:46 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Originally posted by Markus Corvinus
Markus never defeated Markus. They fought on the back of the truck, and Michael beat the crap out of him. He was thrown off the truck, not defeated. The second time they "fought" Michael was caught off guard and not in hybrid form, which allowed Markus an easy win. First he's a hybrid, now he's a new breed. Please stop coming up with all these ridiculous theories.

No it would seem strange to battle oneself. As I recall it was Micheal that was thrown out of the truck by Markus and that was far from a owning in Micheals favor until that point they seemed equal, but one could notice that Markus almost with a grace threw of Micheal when he grabbed the necklas.

A Hybrid is a new breed and it isn't my words it's Markus own and the official sites, but ofcause you certainly know better then both..

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 05:46 PM
Markus Corvinus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Because the (non-original) vampires do not tranform, they have a single form. Whoa.

Yeah, that wiki artile on Underworld Hybrids isn't cited, fro al we know, some silly ass-clown wrote it.

I also have to ask, why did you switch from calling Markus a "hybrid" like Michael to a "new breed" now? Granted, that makes more sense, why the oh-not-so-clever switch?

Robtard, I've been on many forums in my 14 years, and if it's one thing I've noticed in debates is that if someone knows they're wrong, and don't want to admit it, they're going to switch up what they say to something else, until they can find ANOTHER lie. Markus is not a hybrid, or new breed, simply the first vampire. Any other belief than that is senseless rambling.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 05:48 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Well, that "new breed" makes some sense, as Markus is of that first bloodline, so who knows what werewolf blood (infection) would do in these silly w-wolf/vamp movies.

Either way, I'm debating idiocy over a series of flims I didn't even really enjoy, so have fun.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 05:52 PM
Utrigita

Because the vampires do not tranform, they have a single form? Whoa.

Yeah, that wiki artile on Underworld Hybrids isn't cited, fro al we know, some silly ass-clown wrote it.

I also have to ask, why did you switch from calling Markus a "hybrid" like Michael to a "new breed" now? Granted, that makes more sense, why the oh-not-so-clever switch?

Thats senseless rabble Robtard, provided proof both from the official movie site and the words from Markus in movie, if you call both senseless rabbling well that's up too you even though you have provided not a single shead of proof to prove your logic other then saying Bat/human = Hybrid.

They do transform, but certainly not into the form that Markus has, to make it short, the vampires retain their human form resembling their sire as we saw him first, we didn't see any other Vampire then Markus in the form that you claim he always had, we see the Lycans in the same form as their sire has. With fure etc.

For all we know some silly ass-clown wrote what you quoted.

I isn't making the switch I'm just quoting the Official site, if I was wrong on him being a Hybrid so be it, but that he is only a Vampire as both Markus and you claim is from my point of view, supported with the previous mentioned quotes, simply dead wrong.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 05:52 PM
Utrigita

Originally posted by Markus Corvinus
Robtard, I've been on many forums in my 14 years, and if it's one thing I've noticed in debates is that if someone knows they're wrong, and don't want to admit it, they're going to switch up what they say to something else, until they can find ANOTHER lie. Markus is not a hybrid, or new breed, simply the first vampire. Any other belief than that is senseless rambling.

So you are going directly against what the Official site and Markus himself states? Interesting...

Apparently the 14 years have thought you something else too...

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 05:53 PM
Markus Corvinus
Restricted

Account Restricted

He was referring to it being a new race because he was going to awaken and unite with William. I guess next you're going to tell me at the end of the movie Selene is still a vampire.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 05:58 PM
Utrigita

And that race would be what to be exact? Not a Vampire, like you claim he is, not a Lycan as William is, but what Markus became and that sure as hell isn't a vampire, he directly in movie stats that he no longer is a vampire in that conversation with his father.

"A new race created in the image of their maker. Their new God. Me. "

No I isn't, that would be silly.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 06:04 PM
Markus Corvinus
Restricted

Account Restricted

What's silly is you debating Markus being a hybrid, then moving on to him being a new breed. Decide what made up theory you want to use and stick with it.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 06:06 PM
Utrigita

What is silly of you is sticking to the the assumption that he is Vampire even when proof is presented that proves the opposite, you then moves on and calls a person with another view on the subject a lie, idiot and mentally retarded, no offence but I thought that 14 years on the internet had learned you that, that isn't the way to behave on a forum, if you doesn't think you are getting through to person at the other end then you leave the discussion.

Now to drop the offensive tone and the debating blah...

A new breed cannot be a Hybrid? Micheal was a fusion between a Lycan and then a Vampire, for Markus it imo was the other way around first a Vampire and then a Lycan wouldn't that make like some kind of a subspecie within the Hybrids?

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 06:10 PM