KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Doom 4

Doom 4
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2016 09:23 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Do the character models look too cartoony?

Maybe it's just me but I'm not getting the same vibes from the models than I did with Doom 3 (which I absolutely loved)

Old Post Feb 5th, 2016 01:12 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Maybe for some of the enemies

those skeleton demon's (Yeah i know they have a proper name) look nice.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2016 01:24 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

They do. It looks fun.

I just hope they're is some type of horror element with the game. With all this talk about bringing Doom back to its root, it's not just about how fast the gameplay is. Horror was a huge part of Doom's success when it was released.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2016 01:45 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
Do the character models look too cartoony?

Looks more like a comic book similar to The Darkness II's design. Because the first DOOM is colorful and the reboot is basically the same game getting a more modern touch, the choice of graphic style seems appropriate IMO.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Feb 5th, 2016 at 07:22 PM

Old Post Feb 5th, 2016 07:20 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I guess.

I guess I never attributed Doom as being colourful. I always felt it was very brown.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2016 08:08 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

It was brown.

Except for the neon seizure inducing hallways.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2016 09:01 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Still like how the Cacodemon looks much closer to its classic Doom appearance, but not sure how to feel about the other monster designs yet. Kinda mixed on them. Game looks fun though and I guess May's a good time for its release for me.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2016 09:16 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Not only the Cacos but I also like the Pinky demon design.

Still gonna miss it's Doom 3 version though.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 5th, 2016 10:37 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I liked Doom 3, and I enjoyed most of the designs in it.

I always forget how long the game is. The website, "howlongtobeat" says most people completed it in 11 hours but I remember it taking way longer than that.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2016 12:38 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Most likely they played it on the easy difficulty.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2016 02:36 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

(please log in to view the image)

Not even Master Chief can make a waterfall of urine behind him look epic.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Feb 6th, 2016 at 05:34 AM

Old Post Feb 6th, 2016 05:22 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

That the first thing you think of upon seeing that cover is a comparison to Master Chief says a lot about what the game is going for with its imagery there. It definitely evokes the MC vibe.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Feb 6th, 2016 05:43 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I guess gone are the days from getting a kick ass cover from an actual artist.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2016 06:03 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

The Doomguy/marine's previous designs, while nothing breathtaking, at least had its own uniqueness and identity to them, but I guess to modernize him they wanted his appearance to look more like other character designs from shooters you know, MC especially...

Regardless, having the Revenant or something that's been on Doom game covers before like Hell Knight or Cyberdemon on the cover for this game would've been preferable, and reached out to any Doom fan more than well... that.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2016 06:03 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
I guess gone are the days from getting a kick ass cover from an actual artist.

If only we could reach back in time and have the 2600 artists make todays box art..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2016 06:15 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Well, it's not very good at all but covers don't mean as much as they used too.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2016 05:34 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

It doesn't help if someone new to the franchise was at a Gamestop glancing shelves and mistook it for Halo, Section 8 or Black Ops at the corner of his eye and move on. Now if it had a cover as eye catching as the first Doom's, he would go over and check that out and maybe even buy it.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Feb 6th, 2016 at 11:07 PM

Old Post Feb 6th, 2016 11:05 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

True.

It's a piece of shit cover.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2016 11:31 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

The developer has listened to our criticisms of their generic boxart and we'll be getting a reverse cover to suit our demon slaying needs.

Not sure why they don't just replace the front cover overall really but at least I don't have to keep looking at it when it comes out.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Mar 3rd, 2016 at 09:16 PM

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2016 09:02 PM