KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Doom 4

Doom 4
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I'm surprised not to see the other Dooms weren't on sale through the various PC digital stores, Well the ones i normally use anyway.

Old Post May 15th, 2016 01:48 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Imagine DOOM 3 but replace that marine with the one from the first DOOM and that's your DOOM 4 campaign in a nutshell. Kind of. It's actually pretty fun. Not as scary as the last game unfortunately but being a reboot going back to it's arcade roots, Doomguy is supposed to be this ultimate badass so it's understandable.

And the background lore they gave for Doomguy by the point in which you reach Hell... That changes my perception of him forever. thumb up

Old Post May 15th, 2016 07:19 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

The campaign length is pretty much on par with Doom 3 Resurrection of Evil. Not too short, but not too long or dragged out like Doom II or original Doom 3 either. Plus all the good secrets, upgrading weapon mods & runes, completing challenges, and stuff to go along with the replay value.

One of the secrets I really love is finding those levers to pull where you open a nearby hidden area with a classic map in old-school graphics, which you unlock said maps to play outside of the main campaign.

And never thought I'd be doing this in a Doom game, but I actually went through most of it with mostly the pistol (granted, I wasn't on Ultra Violence difficulty or something). Doesn't use ammo, and the pistol's charge shot ability after you fully upgrade it just makes it a force to be reckoned with; I was evading Hell Knights and shit that were coming at me while charging it up, and put them into a stunned/stagger mode after a few shots. Everyone else I guess be running through with their shotgun or chaingun, but not me this time. lol Do kinda miss the save spamming feature of the previous games though, as opposed to the checkpoint system.

Multiplayer still seems fairly solid. Like how leveling up unlocks some monsters, armor and loadout things, etc. Snapmap though, while pretty innovative as it was shown, seems to have been a little rushed, with some of its current bugs it has that they'll hopefully fix soon.

I know this forum isn't that active anymore to discuss these kind of games, but this really is one of the best series reboots in years. Give it an 8 or 9 out of 10, at the very least.

Old Post May 19th, 2016 12:01 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I'm definitely enjoying this game. I think it hits the perfect blend of nostalgia.

Old Post May 19th, 2016 07:28 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Wow, this looks great.

"Almost" as good as Serious Sam. smile

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 25th, 2016 12:49 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

http://kotaku.com/modders-are-recre...ames-1778751207

That didn't take long.

Tbh, imo it's kind of a dick move doing this now, instead of giving the original product time to, you know, make.money..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 27th, 2016 09:31 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeeeeah, that's what I hate about modding communities sometimes, much as I tend to love them also.

Old Post May 27th, 2016 10:51 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Even though it didn't win GOTY, DOOM at least made off with overall best action game and best music.

To celebrate, the composers did a live performance at the Game Awards.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Dec 2nd, 2016 at 05:52 AM

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 05:39 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, the music was pretty sweet.

And the game was fun as hell.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 02:32 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

So glad they finally did away with the season pass and made all its content free, even if it kinda sucks for those who already bought said pass, but it's good those are starting to become a dying breed as it is, so Doom simply got with the times. If I had to guess, the installbase for the multiplayer increased a good bit when it happened, as ever since I started playing it again, haven't really as yet had trouble finding a game (even late at night) like I used to on this before, and the new equipable runes that grant small matchmaking bonuses are better than the previous system the multiplayer had. With that and more of the added features Snapmap had gotten over time too, this game thankfully has some damn good retention again a year later, and I didn't think I'd ever come back to this much after the arcade feature for the campaign update.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 07:28 AM
cdtm

So how much longer until they remaster this?

That's what they do now, isn't it? Remaster everything, after it's been around a bit?

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 09:07 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

What are you talking about?

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 11:50 AM
cdtm

Don"t you know? Everything getw remastered these days! Whether they really needed it or not. thumb up

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 02:16 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Ok.....

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 02:35 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

They did give this game the VR treatment, but that's about all I would expect far as any re-releases for the time being, shitposting aside. Other than that, I reckon Doom 2016's sequel will be announced sometime not too long after the release of the upcoming Wolfenstein II, maybe shown off next year if lucky. The current Doom is doing fine/better to keep fans sated until then though, with the now free content.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 04:40 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I know Doom was very successfully and fun.

However, if the next one is the same...I don't know I personally want that. I was getting a bit tired near the end of this game.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 06:49 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

If the next game follows through on a Doom II Hell on Earth reimagining like many certain fans have kinda wanted for years, then I'll be more interested just on that. If it's just more of the same though with space stations on Mars but this time going after Samuel Hayden instead of Olivia Pierce, then I won't be as invested, but will at least give it a shot.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 07:05 PM
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Doom 2016 was one of my favorite games last year. Some times you need a game that's just wall to wall carnage from beginning to end.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 07:11 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
If the next game follows through on a Doom II Hell on Earth reimagining like many certain fans have kinda wanted for years, then I'll be more interested just on that. If it's just more of the same though with space stations on Mars but this time going after Samuel Hayden instead of Olivia Pierce, then I won't be as invested, but will at least give it a shot.

Yes. I agree. They did a fantastic drop bringing Doom back to it's roots but it didn't last for me.

I also want them to add a bit more story to the game. I love what they did with Doom 3 and how they added some awesome story elements throughout the game.

I kind want ID Software to do the same thing. Keep the frantic action though.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 09:32 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Doom 2016 had some good bits of backstory lore, just not as much as what Doom 3 had, but I agree they could/should improve on that area with the next one, while keeping the fast-paced action. I liked the backstory being told through the audio logs over everything being read in text too, though it's a more minor nitpick but I'd still like to have the audio logs back like in Doom 3 if possible.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 10:02 PM