KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » DVD Talk » Why do people buy several copies?

Why do people buy several copies?
Started by: Darth Martin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arcluce
The Master of Darkness

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Martin
I'm talking about for let's say "The Dark Knight", people say they'll be getting 2-3 copies of the same film, ediution, on the same day. Why?

There are many reasons why indiviudals buy the same film multiple times. Some may do it for the extra features (meaning extra fun for them). Another reason could be that they are wanting to sell the dvd's to other individuals or maybe they want to give them to their friends or families. It could be because they want to burn the copies and they have 5 computers to do so (you never know they could be running an illegal business). As I have stated before there are many reasons why individuals do so many different things that other people just think about. You must remember, everyone is different.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2008 07:06 PM
Arcluce is currently offline Click here to Send Arcluce a Private Message Find more posts by Arcluce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gogopanda

I somehow forgot I bought Rush Hour 2, so I bought another one. As for Love Actually, I lost my first one so I bought a second one big grin ... the first one has yet to resurface

Old Post Dec 19th, 2008 08:30 PM
gogopanda is currently offline Click here to Send gogopanda a Private Message Find more posts by gogopanda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I've only given in to it once - I bought Blade Runner: The Final Cut after buying The Director's Cut the year before( replacing the old VHS), which I got in impatience waiting for this long-awaited anniversary edition to come out. But, it was worth it for the improved sound mix & improved tech used to redo many FX shots, plus the extras.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Dec 20th, 2008 06:25 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

I sold two copies of the dark night at tesco ( i work there) a dvd and a blu ray copy thats about £32

Old Post Dec 20th, 2008 09:02 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Martin
What's the point in buying more than one copy of one movie on dvd?
Well I buy VHS and sometimes I DO BUY MORE THAN ONE COPY OF A MOVIE and the reason is: Im looking for a BETTER copy... (Warmer audio,etc)

I have gotton several duplicates of movies I have THAT ARE MUCHO BETTER than what I had of it..... (Made @ a different plant or whatever)

SOMETIMES IT PAYS TO GET MORE THAN THE ONE COPY YOU HAVE OF A MOVIE!!

Last edited by Dude111 on Jun 6th, 2016 at 10:39 AM

Old Post Jun 6th, 2016 10:30 AM
Dude111 is currently offline Click here to Send Dude111 a Private Message Find more posts by Dude111 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ianthek

Paranoia.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 08:52 AM
ianthek is currently offline Click here to Send ianthek a Private Message Find more posts by ianthek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Simong

I do it for better extras, transfers, etc. I also do it if I really like the packaging of a certain edition. I know it’s not really practical having multiple copies but once you start buying collectors editions there are lots of cool editions out there and it’s easy to get tempted!

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 02:57 PM
Simong is currently offline Click here to Send Simong a Private Message Find more posts by Simong Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote