KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » S03E06 - Dying of the Light

S03E06 - Dying of the Light
Started by: S_D_J

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Entity
Illuminati Founder

God I hope not!

I really liked the idea of not all the 12 having powers. Or just not all the show for that mattered. It added a nice touch to the show. If everyone's got powers then it just seems alittle forced and predictable. Especially when all the people always seemed to just happen to have the certain power they need. psssh

And now didn't they even say it was going to be shown that Kaito had a power too? Seriously someone besides Noah needs to be a major character without an ability. Noah is kick ass because he is on these guys level and is just a normal human. You'd think the writers would pic something up from that. Besides how likely would it have been for what happened in "War Buddies" between Arthur and Linderman to just later on have him just happen to manifest a power as well?

They are just getting flat out lazy with the writing is all it is this season.
I'm seriously considering letting it go. I'm gonna give it 2 more strikes because I considered last weeks episode the first. But if things don't get better soon I'm out!

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Last edited by Entity on Oct 16th, 2008 at 01:28 PM

Old Post Oct 16th, 2008 01:24 PM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

quote: (post)
Originally posted by S_D_J
Angela was told she wasn't going to be able to move... and she stays still, only able to move her eyes... it wasn't just shock

Like I said, I could be wrong. I probably am. I just want to leave that possibility open until we know for sure.

Maury was clearly afraid... like he was being reprimanded... and Arthur never spoke a word, he was constantly apologizing, as if afraid to be punished or something.... now why would Mr. Nightmare act like than in front of a paraplegic?

Still not completely buying that he was afraid. If Arthur has any power, it apparently has to do with dreams like Angela. Maury and Arthur were both awake when they were talking (well, Maury was listening to his thoughts), so Arthur shouldn't have been a threat.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2008 03:22 PM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Maury seems frightened of arthur

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 16th, 2008 04:34 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_Hefner

Like someone said, people were scared of Linderman and he could do was heal.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2008 06:21 PM
Blue_Hefner is currently offline Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Well, he was a mob leader.

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 16th, 2008 07:24 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_Hefner

So was Maury, right? What I'm trying to say is maybe people are afraid of Arthur because his ability.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2008 08:17 PM
Blue_Hefner is currently offline Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_Hefner

Are not*

Old Post Oct 16th, 2008 08:35 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

That's what im guessing

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 16th, 2008 11:29 PM
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by Captain REX
Seems like Arthur entered and participated in her dream, to me. He's got a mental power, methinks.

that's the obvious explanation, apparently

quote:
Because Arthur Petrelli, who is so totally alive (much to Angela's dismay), told him that was what needed to be done. Maury quaking in his boots in the presence of Arthur—despite the fact that Arthur is bedridden—gives us a hint of the senior Petrelli's power.

the extend of his power should be reveal next episode

Originally posted by Entity
God I hope not!

I really liked the idea of not all the 12 having powers. Or just not all the show for that mattered. It added a nice touch to the show. If everyone's got powers then it just seems alittle forced and predictable. Especially when all the people always seemed to just happen to have the certain power they need. psssh

And now didn't they even say it was going to be shown that Kaito had a power too? Seriously someone besides Noah needs to be a major character without an ability. Noah is kick ass because he is on these guys level and is just a normal human. You'd think the writers would pic something up from that. Besides how likely would it have been for what happened in "War Buddies" between Arthur and Linderman to just later on have him just happen to manifest a power as well?

They are just getting flat out lazy with the writing is all it is this season.
I'm seriously considering letting it go. I'm gonna give it 2 more strikes because I considered last weeks episode the first. But if things don't get better soon I'm out!

That's what really bothers me about this whole deal... but he does indeed have a power erm

I too don't like the idea... everyone having powers kinda waters down the dinamic of the show, what (IMO) makes the show enjoyable... now we only have Noah powerless... even Ando was given a power (in the future... but still)

he didn't have powers in the GN.. I love that idea...

... maybe, just maybe, he got powers the way Nathan/Tracy were given powers... or a much perfected way as Mohinder did (without bad side effects)... I could go with that explanation... but him having powers on his own... nah, way too convenient ... and just lame.

I'm sticking to the Idea that everyone's afraid of Arthur because of his power... and that's the reason [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Adam Monroe gets killed

Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
Like someone said, people were scared of Linderman and he could do was heal.

oh, yeah... that too

Adam and Linderman, big kahunas... while Arthur on the side... and yet he's supposedly powerful, but never did anything before... until know... doesn't make much sense...erm

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Last edited by S_D_J on Oct 17th, 2008 at 02:28 AM

Old Post Oct 17th, 2008 02:22 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

I hear that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Adam Monroe is being killed off in this episode.

If true, what a poor move made by the heroes writing staff.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Oct 17th, 2008 03:48 AM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_Hefner

I guess [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Adam Monroe/Kensei dying is the price we have to pay for Maya dying.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2008 04:00 AM
Elite Hunter

I'm still hoping that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the puppermaster is the villain who dies and Adam is spared.

Last edited by REXXXX on Oct 20th, 2008 at 05:24 AM

Old Post Oct 17th, 2008 04:19 AM
Elite Hunter is currently offline Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
I guess [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Adam Monroe/Kensei dying is the price we have to pay for Maya dying.

that was a good one

Originally posted by Elite Hunter
I'm still hoping that BLAH LAZY EDIT

I think you need to use spoiler tags

Last edited by REXXXX on Oct 20th, 2008 at 05:24 AM

Old Post Oct 17th, 2008 05:06 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

I think you need to use spoiler tags

F*CK, I knew I forgot something. sad

Old Post Oct 17th, 2008 09:54 AM
Elite Hunter is currently offline Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Fixed it.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2008 05:24 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

OhmigoshOhmigoshOhmigoshOhmigoshOhmigosh!!! my faith has been restored in Heroes. this was by far the BEST episode of the season so far, IMO

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 02:22 AM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

omg, omg, omg, omg, omg,

haven't seen it yet sad

so I should be looking forward to it then... no expression

Originally posted by Elite Hunter
I'm still hoping that BLAH LAZY EDIT

great edit, Rex!
laughing

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 02:47 AM
The Big O
The Original O

indeed. you will not be disappointed.

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 02:53 AM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Really, throwing Arthur into the mix does little but mess up previous exposition. Kring apparently forgot that Adam was the one whom everyone feared, but I guess since he neutered Adam's ability to be a threat -- he's about as dangerous as Claire is (even less, since she supposedly can't be killed [he can]) -- he went with the next person in the company whose name begins with the letter 'A' to establish some sort of continuity.

The whole "Person X is SCARY!" thing never works out right. Maury is nowhere near as intimidating as Sylar. Adam was clever and funny, but never intimidating either. The puppet master, Doyle? Now he was scary.

And Noah Bennet still owns this show.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 03:15 AM
Gideon is currently offline Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_Hefner

I guess we know how Peter gets his scar now. :/

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 04:26 AM