KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » S03E06 - Dying of the Light

S03E06 - Dying of the Light
Started by: S_D_J

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

It was the answer to the problem of [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Peter having over a dozen powers and being the most 'special' character on the show- taking it all away. They were having to make Peter not know what to do with all his power... and now [SPOILER - highlight to read]: he doesn't have to worry about it.

Sylar was feared as a villain because of what he could do; kill you and take your power, violating you in a highly personal way and ending your life.

Linderman was feared because he was a mob leader and had a great deal of charisma behind him. I liked that Linderman did not have some lethal ability; the irony of the man who could heal being the one who wanted to blow up New York.

Adam was feared not because of what he could do, more because of what he wanted to do. Unleashing the virus and wiping out the world population is horrific and slightly psychopathic. Same thoughts with Adam; the man who can't die is the one who wants everyone else to.

Arthur... yeah, it's his power... though it makes sense as it [SPOILER - highlight to read]: connects to Peter quite well; Peter is (or was) v2.0 of Arthur's ability. Same with Sylar, being able to figure out how to take abilities. Nathan being the odd one out, of course, but now we know he wasn't born with it...

Last edited by REXXXX on Oct 21st, 2008 at 06:19 AM

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 06:17 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

I found some things that made me laugh (Hiro & Ando), but i find so much that just makes me want to stop watching....i really dont care for much of this show anymore. The formula for this show is not working anymore for me, trying to keep track of all the characters is one thing...then we have such butchering of the characters....that i find myself just not caring to even try and keep track.....anyway.......ok episode that just leaves me with no excitement for whats to come.

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 12:16 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
So was Maury, right? What I'm trying to say is maybe people are not afraid of Arthur because his ability.

Looks like we were right. Maury wasn't afraid of Arthur because of his power. After all, why should he fear a bedridden man who needed to touch him to hurt him?

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 12:44 PM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

I lost interest in Hiro & Ando characters, same old boring Idiots. Maybe the fortune teller will change Hiro forever....but meh.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 01:38 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Well I bet I know where Peter's scar comes from now. Thou, I'm kinda hoping he somehow avoids getting it now that the timeline's changed. Never like it on him.

I actually loved this episode, by far the best and the only one I've truly enjoyed since the season premiere. Still some stupid things I don't give a rats ass about and annoyed by giving everyone abilities!

But while Aurthur having an ability as well still annoys me, I did love how they worked it in this episode. Having him take away Peter's powers I hated but I'm going to love watching him still take them on now powerless and then try and get them back somehow. Maybe the formula but that'd probably mean he'd have to regain all his others and that would annoy me much more so. I am hoping thou, now that he's human maybe he can get with Bennett and learn how to be a real hero powerless, only to regain his abilities and be all the more badass like in the future! eek!

Really looking forward to next weeks Peter vs Aurthur story and seeing how Peter deals with his father. He's always been the other son, the one daddy knew wasn't Nathan! Now that he's finally made his way and proved he's much more than Nathan and his father manages to take that away form him too.

Could someone tell me thou, why they had to kill Adam? That really sucked ass and I don't see why that should've killed him. I mean if he just stole his power and not his life force or whatever then it should have just made him normal human. He would've finally been vulnerable and started aging normally but he shouldn't have rapid aged or whatever to dust like that IMO.

If it negated the healing his power had done to his body keeping him young then it should have negated the injuries healed on Peter when his was stolen as well. Correct? confused

Unless Claire's healing factor is different from Adam's. Which is entirely possible, but they've never mentioned it being different.

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Last edited by Entity on Oct 21st, 2008 at 02:30 PM

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 02:19 PM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_Hefner

Originally posted by celestialdemon
Looks like we were right. Maury wasn't afraid of Arthur because of his power. After all, why should he fear a bedridden man who needed to touch him to hurt him?

embarrasment

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 02:55 PM
Blue_Hefner is currently offline Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

embarrasment
I've been thinking and I wonder if Matt or Maury could still control Aurthur's mind. Even thou I know he now has thier power as well. erm

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 03:25 PM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

I haven't finished watching the episode yet ( I saw up until Sylar vs Peter fight) will finish it tonight... but I must say I am impressed with the episode so far, I think it's been a fun episode, Doyle is such a good villain, enjoying the "roulette" game he maks them play, and it was a good way to catch him the way Claire did, Hiro and Ando are still idiots, but I found their travel to Africa chuckle worthy... Adam.. I just knew it, I love the way he told Knox he didn't get it... and that was the last of him... shame, interesting character, but unable to do anything other than use his wit, which didn't help him in the end
... Mohinder's still a douchebag but the way Daphne told him he was as bad as the rest was funny, and well deserved

... still haven't watch how it ends, but so far it's been a good episode, probably the best this season... though not great

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 06:21 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_Hefner

Originally posted by Entity
I've been thinking and I wonder if Matt or Maury could still control Aurthur's mind. Even thou I know he now has thier power as well. erm

I doubt it. wink

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 07:36 PM
Blue_Hefner is currently offline Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

And now we have this season's plot device as to why Peter doesn't own everyone with 12 powers at once.

But someone raised this point earlier- Why did Adam rapidly age and crumble, but Peter didn't suddenly bleed out from multiple grievous injuries?

That was Strange.

Hiro and Ando still own though, they're the one part of this show right now that aren't contradicting themselves and doing retarded things =/.

But now the only good guys left able to do anything are-

[SPOILER - highlight to read]:
Hiro
Ando
Clair
Noah
Fire Lady
Matt
Elle?

That's it right?

Wow, I can officially say Earth is screwed.

Also, surely by Peter touched his father he'd have absorbed his father's ability? So surely it wouldn't really work?

I'm confused =S

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 10:09 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_Hefner

Because Adam was 400 years old. His body couldn't handle it anymore without his power.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 10:41 PM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Because Adam was 400 years old. His body couldn't handle it anymore without his power.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2008 01:26 AM
Gideon is currently offline Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

i would have thought that peter and his father's abilities would have cancelled each other out.

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2008 04:37 AM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
And now we have this season's plot device as to why Peter doesn't own everyone with 12 powers at once.

But someone raised this point earlier- Why did Adam rapidly age and crumble, but Peter didn't suddenly bleed out from multiple grievous injuries?

That was Strange.

Hiro and Ando still own though, they're the one part of this show right now that aren't contradicting themselves and doing retarded things =/.

But now the only good guys left able to do anything are-

[SPOILER - highlight to read]:
Hiro
Ando
Clair
Noah
Fire Lady
Matt
Elle?

That's it right?

Wow, I can officially say Earth is screwed.

Also, surely by Peter touched his father he'd have absorbed his father's ability? So surely it wouldn't really work?

I'm confused =S
Micah? that other black chick?

wherever they are...

Peter May have touched his father but he doesnt even know what his fathers power is or if he even had one.

he cant instantly know what to do

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2008 06:29 AM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

Originally posted by Mairuzu
Micah? that other black chick?

wherever they are...

Peter May have touched his father but he doesnt even know what his fathers power is or if he even had one.

he cant instantly know what to do

Doesn't any power he copies manifest itself on its own even before he knows he has it? Seems to be the case with most of his powers.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2008 06:45 PM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superherovandal
CEO of BS Comics Inc.

Originally posted by Gideon
Really, throwing Arthur into the mix does little but mess up previous exposition. Kring apparently forgot that Adam was the one whom everyone feared, but I guess since he neutered Adam's ability to be a threat -- he's about as dangerous as Claire is (even less, since she supposedly can't be killed [he can]) -- he went with the next person in the company whose name begins with the letter 'A' to establish some sort of continuity.

The whole "Person X is SCARY!" thing never works out right. Maury is nowhere near as intimidating as Sylar. Adam was clever and funny, but never intimidating either. The puppet master, Doyle? Now he was scary.

And Noah Bennet still owns this show.
no actually both of them can be killed. They'd both need to take serious damage to the brain. Like a bullet through it.

I am creator of all the master of all things BS. Bow before my mighty form!

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2008 07:54 PM
Superherovandal is currently offline Click here to Send Superherovandal a Private Message Find more posts by Superherovandal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superherovandal
CEO of BS Comics Inc.

Originally posted by Captain REX
It was the answer to the problem of [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Peter having over a dozen powers and being the most 'special' character on the show- taking it all away. They were having to make Peter not know what to do with all his power... and now [SPOILER - highlight to read]: he doesn't have to worry about it.

Sylar was feared as a villain because of what he could do; kill you and take your power, violating you in a highly personal way and ending your life.

Linderman was feared because he was a mob leader and had a great deal of charisma behind him. I liked that Linderman did not have some lethal ability; the irony of the man who could heal being the one who wanted to blow up New York.

Adam was feared not because of what he could do, more because of what he wanted to do. Unleashing the virus and wiping out the world population is horrific and slightly psychopathic. Same thoughts with Adam; the man who can't die is the one who wants everyone else to.

Arthur... yeah, it's his power... though it makes sense as it [SPOILER - highlight to read]: connects to Peter quite well; Peter is (or was) v2.0 of Arthur's ability. Same with Sylar, being able to figure out how to take abilities. Nathan being the odd one out, of course, but now we know he wasn't born with it...
I guess its also ironic how the man whose power is to take away others powers and make them his own is trying to give everyone else powers. but i don't think sylar is Arthur v2.0. Arthur's ability takes significantly less effort than Sylar and is far more effective.

I am creator of all the master of all things BS. Bow before my mighty form!

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 03:14 AM
Superherovandal is currently offline Click here to Send Superherovandal a Private Message Find more posts by Superherovandal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote