KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Store Wars

Store Wars
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
sweersa

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JediRobin23
What alwalys bothered me was in ANH, when Luke was looking at the banthas with his binoculars and says "I dont see any sand people.....oh wait I can see one of them now"

Now, when I first seen star wars, it was in the THX re-release and it was full screen. I had no idea what Luke was talking about for the longest time cause there was no sand person. I never understood this until I saw the widescreen cause it cuts out the walking sand person in full screen.
I'm sure I'm not the only one who was annoyed by this

Interesting, I vaguely remember this as a kid! I remember watching the widescreen VHS at a friend's house and seeing things I never noticed before. That is a great example on why full screen is still a bad idea.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2008 12:55 AM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Originally posted by sweersa
Interesting, I vaguely remember this as a kid! I remember watching the widescreen VHS at a friend's house and seeing things I never noticed before. That is a great example on why full screen is still a bad idea.

Watch it again in WS, its a quick shot of a sand person to the far right

Old Post Oct 24th, 2008 01:41 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

Watch it again in WS, its a quick shot of a sand person to the far right

Gotcha. Thanks.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2008 02:10 AM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

What alwalys bothered me was in ANH, when Luke was looking at the banthas with his binoculars and says "I dont see any sand people.....oh wait I can see one of them now"

Now, when I first seen star wars, it was in the THX re-release and it was full screen. I had no idea what Luke was talking about for the longest time cause there was no sand person. I never understood this until I saw the widescreen cause it cuts out the walking sand person in full screen.
I'm sure I'm not the only one who was annoyed by this

Yes I remember that from my first set of VHSes. But of course I had seen it in the theatres a few times so I knew there was a Tusken there. But indeed - he dropped off in the FS.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2008 07:08 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

Originally posted by queeq
Yes I remember that from my first set of VHSes. But of course I had seen it in the theatres a few times so I knew there was a Tusken there. But indeed - he dropped off in the FS.

I saw a set of the OT on VHS (but wide screen format) at an antique mall. I thought that was unusual. I didn't pick it up though. (It gets harder to buy the OT X times)

Old Post Oct 24th, 2008 11:08 AM
coolmovies

VHS is dead anyway

Old Post Oct 24th, 2008 11:35 AM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

I sold a few dvds this week and i didnt get much money so in a few years time dvd wil be worthless

Old Post Oct 24th, 2008 01:43 PM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Dvd is already worthless. They go for 50 cents at a yard sale here.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2008 03:34 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

Really ? but people still buy them

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 10:06 PM
queeq
Chaos

Yes, because Blu Ray is more expensive and not everyone has a player yet.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 08:04 AM
sweersa

Dvd is already worthless. They go for 50 cents at a yard sale here.

In the U.S. used DVDs go from around 5-8 dollars. The DVD market here is still pretty active. Used VHS go anywhere from 1-3 dollars.

I just bought the OT on the old before Special Edition version, for 6 bucks. Turns out I was the first one to watch these tapes! They look great! (for VHS)

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 10:56 AM
queeq
Chaos

6 bucks for VHS??? Nobody would pay anything like that here.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 01:31 PM
coolmovies

I woulden't use VHS even if it was free. The question is will we still have a dvd collection in 5 years time ??

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 05:32 PM
sweersa

6 bucks for VHS??? Nobody would pay anything like that here.

6 bucks for the entire unaltered Trilogy in near mint condition. I am a collector so I looked at it that way.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 07:04 PM
queeq
Chaos

That's why they made you pay six bucks. wink

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 07:43 PM
coolmovies

can u post a pic of it plzz ?

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 09:41 PM
sweersa

Originally posted by coolmovies
can u post a pic of it plzz ?

http://homepage.mac.com/jman1/sale/0830s.jpg

That is basically my set except I do not have the large box that keeps them together.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2008 01:29 AM
coolmovies

looks good to me

Old Post Oct 30th, 2008 11:13 AM
coolmovies

I hate it when they dont put EP numbers on vhs

Old Post Oct 30th, 2008 06:47 PM
sweersa

Originally posted by coolmovies
I hate it when they dont put EP numbers on vhs

That was before they widely referred to them as episodes. I think it happened during the Special Editions, but I am not positive.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2008 06:54 PM