KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » S03E07 - Eris Quod Sum

S03E07 - Eris Quod Sum
Started by: S_D_J

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
S_D_J
Bane

S03E07 - Eris Quod Sum

Official Episode Preview

Trapped and terrified, Nathan and Tracy fight for their lives against a much-changed, monstrous Suresh to free themselves, Maya and the doctor's other "test subjects." Elle returns, with a shock for Claire and her family. Meanwhile, aware of Peter's ruthless take down by her rivals at Pinehearst, Angela reaches out to convince Sylar to save his brother. Since he won't sign up with the Villains, Daphne is ordered by her boss to go back and kill Matt -- or be killed herself. While in awe of the African precog's power, Hiro still questions Usutu's advice on how to best face his gathering opponents.

Eris Quod Sum Preview

Discuss...

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2008 04:48 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Spoilers for next episode:

All for One and One for All: Peter's lost his powers—thanks to his bad dad—but Sylar retains his abilities, and he seems to join forces with Arthur next week. Will he become (like Daphne) a pawn in Pinehearst's plan for world domination? Well, I don't want to give away the store, but I can tell you that Peter and Sylar are both mama's boys, and whatever else goes down, they will work together to release their mom from the grip of Arthur Petrelli's vast and terrible powers.

Daphne's in Danger: As I teased in the chat, a Hero is marked for death. Sources tell me producers planned to off the Speedster toward the end of this volume, but they've changed that plan, and for now she's still alive and kicking. And while I know the show has waaay too many characters, I find that I want to keep her. Your take?

Elle Returns Next Week: Yay! Kristen Bell is back next week as Elle! It seems Elle's powers now control her, not the other way around. She's overcome by the electrical forces within her, and when she can't find HRG to help her, she goes with the next best thing: Claire. Yep, next week Claire and Elle try to team up against Pinehearst—but first they have to overcome the fact that they, you know, hate each other.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2008 04:53 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_Hefner

Sylar retains Peter's abilites??? I have a feeling Angela is gonna be the one who dies. In the preview, it looks like Peter gets thrown a window. :/

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2008 05:25 AM
Blue_Hefner is currently offline Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Really looks like its gonna be great. I just can't get enough of Peter's "I'm gonna make you pay for EVERYTHING YOU'VE EVER DONE!" line. It just good to finally see Peter take the lead and the fact its while he's powerless and still standing up to his father is pure awesomeness IMO. eek!

Sylar secretly being a Petrelli all along still makes me sick but what are ya gonna do? And I'm still holding out to find its all bs anyway.

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2008 01:29 PM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
Sylar retains Peter's abilites??? I have a feeling Angela is gonna be the one who dies. In the preview, it looks like Peter gets thrown a window. :/

yeah, it does look like he is the one falling

about who dies... she was supposed to die last episode but it looks like she was spared one more time [SPOILER - highlight to read]: is Maya who dies, no questions about it...

I like Daphne and I hope they keep her around

Last edited by S_D_J on Oct 22nd, 2008 at 07:05 PM

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2008 06:59 PM
REXXXX
Networking

I have a feeling that Maya is leaving the show, having [SPOILER - highlight to read]: been stripped of her powers at long last and now having no reason to be in America, or at least not with the people present in the show.

Very good episode! I like where things are heading. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: I like how they explained Sylar's adoption by the Grays, having been put up by Angela after receiving a horrific vision of what he would become.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 11:14 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

I hate how they turned Sylar into a punk. With all his powers, How the hell is Mohinder going to get the drop on him and beat his @$$!

If Maury was the "death" they were talking about, then it did nothing for the show. He was a "meh" character.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 02:31 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

An ok episode...I am not thrilled that it looks like Sylar is a Petrelli....it reeks of bad writing...And they kill another interesting villain....Out of nowhere Arthur petrelli is now the big bad....but i find myself not caring.....Adam could have started the companies...thier research....he could have been the whole reason for the show..but no lets kill him....and now Maury..a villain we have invested time with....and i liked the relationship with Matt he had......i feel that the writers are just scrambling and coming up with this stuff on the fly.....again there were some great moments......but the show just does not do it for me at this point....now we will get an episode to clear up this mess...involving a time before the show started for the characters.....i find these kind of repetitive themes annoying

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 02:42 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_Hefner

Originally posted by Darth Vicious
I hate how they turned Sylar into a punk. With all his powers, How the hell is Mohinder going to get the drop on him and beat his @$$!

If Maury was the "death" they were talking about, then it did nothing for the show. He was a "meh" character.

Some people say Sylar lost all his powers except telekinesis because of the virus he had.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 03:48 PM
Blue_Hefner is currently offline Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Didnt the Haitian had the virus too? He didnt lost his powers.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 03:50 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
Some people say Sylar lost all his powers except telekinesis because of the virus he had.
That doesn't make sense! Why wouldn't he have lost that power as well if that were the case? It was stole just like all the others except for his knowing how things work.

Besides we know he also still has Ted's radiation ability as well form the last future episode.

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 04:28 PM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

It was thought for a time that Sylar did, yes, but as Entity says, he not only shows off induced radiation when he blows up Costa Verde, but he also painted the future. Those two were abilities he had prior to the viral injection.

It may be a 'return to use over time' thing with his powers. Even so, he DOES have sound manipulation and witnessed it being used by Peter very effectively. You think he'd use it...

I think the writers are trying to distance themselves greatly from Season 2 by throwing the characters into a plot that is so out-of-nowhere, as far as Arthur being the big bad is concerned.

Last edited by REXXXX on Oct 28th, 2008 at 05:50 PM

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 05:41 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

Meh, the death of Maury in this was annoying, as we have no cool villains left now.

The main reason I carry on watching this is for Hiro/Ando. And for the superpowers of course.

Hiro >>> Peter as a character. He's far more interesting, as Peter is always in the same situation it seems.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 08:33 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

I have to disagree with you about Hiro

i find his part the most boring part of heroes

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 09:18 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

Didnt the Haitian had the virus too? He didnt lost his powers.

That's right, and he was on the verge of death. Molly still has her powers, too.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 10:13 PM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

I agree. When that happened, I was pretty disgusted with the episode. Sylar used to be a beast. Now that he's a good guy, they are making him look weak. It's just sad.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 10:15 PM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Sylar was impressive when he first walked in to save Peter, but I will pin it on Sylar not expecting Mohinder to suddenly have massive strength and enhanced reflexes. Mohinder, the nerdy scientist from India that Sylar had screwed around with for two seasons without any feeling of personal threat, suddenly leaping on him and smashing his head in... it made sense to me.

I think Maury was also wasted. Woohoo hero motivation for Matt, but he was already a motivated hero and good guy (actually one of my favorite characters).

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 10:50 PM
Darth Vicious

I understand that Sylar got distracted and Mohinder got the drop on him but Sylar should have been able to get him off of him right away.

I only watched Heroes last night because Prison Break wasnt on and the Red Sox got eliminated of the World Series. Otherwise, I wouldve watched it online today.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 12:00 AM
Elite Hunter

I agree with Rex on all accounts. (save for Matt being one of my favorites.) I was pretty disappointed how Maury was killed. I was looking for a showdown between him and Matt now that latter has really started to use his power. Maury and Adam were both wasted just to hype of a single villain and now their rivalry that they had with a hero (Matt and Hiro) can never be resolved.

Did anyone else get the feeling that there maybe a Meridith vs Tracy battle coming in the future?

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 12:09 AM
Elite Hunter is currently offline Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I snickered when Meredith and Tracy gave each other the stink-eye. Fire and ice, gentlemen! Hots blondes trying to kill each other with the elements! Or something.

I didn't think about that, Hunter. But yeah, Hiro and Matt no longer have their rivals, which is a little disappointing. Hiro is being given more villains to fight, but they aren't Adam, and not Matt just wants to avenge his father's death instead of playing off against him.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 03:55 AM