KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » Arthur's Power

Arthur's Power
Started by: Mairuzu

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

Yeah, I'll chalk it up to that, Celestial. I hope at some point they try to release a comprehensive guide to all the rules on the show, as far as powers go...

As for Arthur, Mr. Petrelli featured in a webcomic with a young Linderman. He did not use any powers and thought that Linderman was a freak when he used his healing power. But I am guessing he just had not triggered them yet.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 12:26 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Captain REX
As for Arthur, Mr. Petrelli featured in a webcomic with a young Linderman. He did not use any powers and thought that Linderman was a freak when he used his healing power. But I am guessing he just had not triggered them yet.

because the heroes writers had not thought it through.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 02:18 AM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Originally posted by Quincy
because the heroes writers had not thought it through.
in reality yeah, but we're talking about in the story.

I wonder if Arthur can give abilities that he's taken back...

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 11:47 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JayJohn85

Originally posted by celestialdemon
There's a problem with this. If his cells are dying and regenerating in equilibrium, then him getting shot, blown up, etc would also break the cycle, therefore he shouldn't be able to heal at all. His accelerated healing is being cancelled out by accelerated dying, thereby leaving his body in a sort of stasis. If a part of his body is removed or damaged, his cells can't do any extra work to heal that part of the body because they are already healing his constantly dying cells. If they took the time to heal his injury, his body would rapidly age.

This is true but my explanation is what the show quoted its a science fiction show and as far as I know no one in the world like adam exists big grin Therefore I cant possibly scientifically explain it but in my ignorance of biology I will simply say one thing: If a person gets more than one cut, Cant he or she heal provided it aint fatal of course roll eyes (sarcastic)
In short your body adapts to the workload, which is the case for adam but this is all dependant of course on his power which when stripped screws it all up.

"Wanna know how I got these scars? My father was... a drinker. And a fiend. And one night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself. He doesn't like that. Not. One. Bit. So, me watching, he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it. Turns to me and he says "Why so serious?" Comes at me with the knife,"Why so serious?" He sticks the blade in my mouth. "Let’s put a smile on that face!" And... Why so serious?"

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 01:17 AM
JayJohn85 is currently offline Click here to Send JayJohn85 a Private Message Find more posts by JayJohn85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Originally posted by Strangelove
in reality yeah, but we're talking about in the story.

I wonder if Arthur can give abilities that he's taken back...
Wouldn't it defeat the purpose of the formula?

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 03:29 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Mairuzu
Wouldn't it defeat the purpose of the formula?
Why?

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 03:30 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

If he could already give powers.

edit: Just noticed the "back"

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 04:29 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Yeah, I don't like the way I structured that sentence.

I wonder if Arthur can give back the powers that he's taken.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 05:52 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

No idea. I wonder how peter will get his powers back

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 06:33 PM
Entity
Illuminati Founder

No idea. I wonder how peter will get his powers back
Formula! Then meets daddy again!

All my money's on that one or him not getting them back at all.
Normally I wouldn't think that but we've already seen how they can't seem to write him with the abilities so this may be a permanent solution for them. erm

Still I'm going with my first option and praying that's what happens

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 09:51 PM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Okay, my guess will be...

Sylar will give Peter a dose of the formula, since Sylar is the key to "understanding it" correct?

The ability Peter will get... is...

hmm

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 11:00 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

I'd be kind of pissed if he doesn't get his original power back.

Hiro really screwed things up. I hope he dies erm

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 11:02 PM
Bardock42

Hiro is like the best character.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 11:03 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Season 1 he was a pretty cool character.

Season 2, i didnt really care for that much

and now in season 3, hes still an idiot

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 11:07 PM
Entity
Illuminati Founder

I'd be kind of pissed if he doesn't get his original power back.

Hiro really screwed things up. I hope he dies erm
Yea I've thought of that too but according to the show your power is determined by your own body chemistry. So it should just return his original ability.

But we've already seen how the show is about following its own rules!

As for Hiro, yea even looking at that note was retarded but not going back and just replacing it with gibberish before he got to it is even more retarded IMO, it's really a simple fix but that's got allot to do with why they're gonna stop that in the show.

Hiro's power should really fix most problems quite easily.

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 11:52 PM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by Entity
Yea I've thought of that too but according to the show your power is determined by your own body chemistry. So it should just return his original ability.

But we've already seen how the show is about following its own rules!

As for Hiro, yea even looking at that note was retarded but not going back and just replacing it with gibberish before he got to it is even more retarded IMO, it's really a simple fix but that's got allot to do with why they're gonna stop that in the show.

Hiro's power should really fix most problems quite easily.

just as easily as it creates problems

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Oct 30th, 2008 01:50 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by S_D_J
just as easily as it creates problems
true but if you just slow down and use your head most problems could be avoided.

Like just going back and changing the note to gibberish. That would have solved this whole people with powers thing and he wouldn't have known that it was gibberish he was holding when they snached it. Then he could just come up with the same plan again and there's no paradox. Even thou this show appearently never has that problem anyway.

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Oct 30th, 2008 02:17 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Okay, my guess will be...

Sylar will give Peter a dose of the formula, since Sylar is the key to "understanding it" correct?

The ability Peter will get... is...

hmm
well, considering that Peter was born with his ability, then it could be assumed that if he was injected with the formula, he would get that power back.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2008 02:32 AM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Ah thats awesome then

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 30th, 2008 04:16 PM
Darth Vicious

Originally posted by Captain REX
Rogue in X-Men?

I don't think Arthur's power works quite the same way. Rogue borrowed powers, but it hurt the person whom she borrowed from. It did not deprive them of power, though.

Arthur apparently hurts the person, but it did not kill Peter. Peter is also, now, powerless.

I would it is Rogue. A Rogue in complete control of her powers as Arthur seems to be.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2008 06:21 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote