KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » The Completely Revamped Wonder Woman Respect Thread!!!

The Completely Revamped Wonder Woman Respect Thread!!!
Started by: fangirl101

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tideoftime

Just jumping in to comment (no pics):

I do like the "Lightning of Zeus" effect via the bracers, and it is a good suppliment to the "Aegis" effect they occasionally produce; however, I do suspect/expect that it is a more marginal ability, to say the least, and will recur only in dire circumstances (mostly, to act as an equalizer against truly formidable opponents/situations).

(Oh... right... geek...)

Old Post Aug 21st, 2010 02:36 PM
tideoftime is currently offline Click here to Send tideoftime a Private Message Find more posts by tideoftime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

quote: (post)
Originally posted by tideoftime
Just jumping in to comment (no pics):

I do like the "Lightning of Zeus" effect via the bracers, and it is a good suppliment to the "Aegis" effect they occasionally produce; however, I do suspect/expect that it is a more marginal ability, to say the least, and will recur only in dire circumstances (mostly, to act as an equalizer against truly formidable opponents/situations).

She didn't wait for that dire of circumstances in Gail's run, but she probably doesn't have it right now due to the whole time thingy so it might get forgotten/overlooked in the future.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2010 08:13 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tideoftime

Originally posted by Q99
She didn't wait for that dire of circumstances in Gail's run, but she probably doesn't have it right now due to the whole time thingy so it might get forgotten/overlooked in the future.

That's my point: it's "there", narratively speaking, but likely only going to come up for plot-driven purposes, and will remain (with or without the current story-arc) a more fringe aspect of the character, and not a primary part of her powerset (much like how she can, on occasion, call upon some other forms of magical effect by prayer and/or magical ritual -- whether as simple as changing back and forth from mortal to "semi-divine" form, or more complex/powerful effects, such as opening a magical portal into the mystical realms -- like in B&B #7, with PowerGirl, or similar events).

(Oh... right... geek...)

Old Post Aug 24th, 2010 03:23 PM
tideoftime is currently offline Click here to Send tideoftime a Private Message Find more posts by tideoftime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Here's a very old one which hasn't already been posted:

http://i44.tinypic.com/xlxi6w.jpg

Diana beheads Deimos.

No mitigating circumstances, Wonder Woman just offed a god. Before I saw this I didn't know she had killed one before Ares.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 02:29 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tideoftime

Originally posted by Q99
Here's a very old one which hasn't already been posted:

http://i44.tinypic.com/xlxi6w.jpg

Diana beheads Deimos.

No mitigating circumstances, Wonder Woman just offed a god. Before I saw this I didn't know she had killed one before Ares.

Yeah, that was a good "scene". It also really shows how out of touch many comic-geeks are with WW, as a character, because they don't know that she has killed others (several times) before Maxwell Lord, and that her gear (bracers, tiara, lasso, et al) are capable of killing gods and similar beings, almost as if they were human -- and that was from almost 25 years ago ! Diana is alot more whoop-ass now ("now" meaning in general; obviously her current storyline has her extremely depowered, relatively speaking). Perez gave her the balls to use lethal force when push came to absolute shove, and that was one of the *truest* moments of her, as a character, truer than anything Marston had properly thought of decades ago.

Good stuff...

(Oh... right... geek...)

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 03:16 PM
Q99

(please log in to view the image)

Wonder Woman's cutting vulnerability is often played up, but it's not so bad that she can't catch the occasional enchanted flaming spear bare handed smile

Old Post Sep 19th, 2010 09:04 AM
bluewaterrider

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JLA v.1 #58

Writer: Mark Waid
Penciller: Mike Miller
Date: November 2001
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Close, but not QUITE like the old time...

Attachment: diana moon 150 pull.jpg
This has been downloaded 532 time(s).

Old Post Nov 4th, 2010 06:08 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Batman deduces that Wonder Woman is more powerful than J'onn or Hal

His punch there results in broken knuckles, btw (then he manages to make her breath in the knockout gas, which is kinda silly IMO, but that's what happened).

Old Post Apr 17th, 2011 11:36 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Wow that looks like a whole lot of PIS

Stupid Batgod.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Apr 18th, 2011 12:30 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

That is stupid and shouldn't belong in the thread, period. Batman soloing the JLA is rampaging PIS/jobbing at it's finest. And his reasoning for her being the most powerful is ridiculous as well.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2011 01:20 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

I don't even know how he's supposed to have taken out there otherssmile

In general, not just here, but has anyone else noticed... Batman is something of a WW fanboy?

"Grumble grumble, I guess Clark's ok... ooooh, *Diana* is *sooo* awesome!"

Old Post Apr 18th, 2011 02:07 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

(please log in to view the image)

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Apr 18th, 2011 02:52 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

More like they're both hand to hand geeks.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2011 06:05 AM
Smurph
------

Originally posted by Q99

His punch there results in broken knuckles, btw (then he manages to make her breath in the knockout gas, which is kinda silly IMO, but that's what happened).
Given that Batman is supposed to be the world's greatest detective and that Diana's supposed to model feminism and gender equality, that's an ironically sexist conclusion to reach.

"The men think she can handle herself. She must be more powerful than them."

lolwut? Bruce, I think you've been breathing in too much of that gas.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2011 06:30 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warlord
Yes, I am...

also lol at taking them out with punches and gas.

unless there is some context I miss

Old Post Apr 18th, 2011 07:12 AM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by Existere
Given that Batman is supposed to be the world's greatest detective and that Diana's supposed to model feminism and gender equality, that's an ironically sexist conclusion to reach.

"The men think she can handle herself. She must be more powerful than them."

lolwut? Bruce, I think you've been breathing in too much of that gas.

Pretty much. I don't see how this made it past editorial outside of "he's Batman" logic. His reasoning is just...awful, especially considering the detective aspect and the fact that it really is blatantly sexist. And the fact he even phased her, rookie Diana or not, it doesn't make any god damn sense. It's PIS through and through.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2011 08:25 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

What a horrible, horrible comic.

Batman: "The woman is the most powerful. You can tell from the way none of the men are telling her to make a sandwich. So I take her out first. I wanted a ****ing sandwich."

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2011 06:43 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Old Post Apr 18th, 2011 07:07 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

WTF.

It's funny because Batman tried that exact same bat cable trick on Hal in Rebirth...who merely shattered the cord and batarang with a thought. I'm pretty sure a rookie Hal would have been able to do that. J'onn being phased by - what else - a kick...

It's amazing this shit gets published.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2011 09:21 PM
kakuzu
A new heart I see!!

Originally posted by Q99

So many flaws with this lol

1.Batman throwing it and it actually exploding before flash can reach him? The moment he pulls his hand down there flash could have hit him 100 times.

2.Wonder man actually moving from a punch from Batman? He at most lifts about 800 pounds they say and wonder man can barely be moved by heavy hitters in her class sometimes, so thats fail number 2

3.My favorite wonder woman being more powerful. First off she is the most aggressive which is why guys like JJ and Hal didn't go because like JJ he likes to think his stuff out to because just leaping in.. Wonderman isn't even a power character, her character is strength, power characters are just Hal who can open up wormholes etc. So that entire page is just a flaw in its self to say all that. Like saying Superman is more powerful than Amazo when clearly amazo is more powerful Superman still looses in strength alone anyway but he isn't more powerful..

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2011 09:09 PM
kakuzu is currently offline Click here to Send kakuzu a Private Message Find more posts by kakuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote