KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » The Completely Revamped Wonder Woman Respect Thread!!!

The Completely Revamped Wonder Woman Respect Thread!!!
Started by: fangirl101

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
iceman24567

Well I love the scan because Usain Bolt was mentioned good thread and I understand what her and Bruce mean seriously its not going completely overboard by saying her combat speed is greater.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2008 07:16 PM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by iceman24567
Well I love the scan because Usain Bolt was mentioned good thread and I understand what her and Bruce mean seriously its not going completely overboard by saying her combat speed is greater.

McDuffie is basically using the same kind of theme that makes batgirl seem to have Superhuman speed. Muscle memory and coordination. Something DC has long prescribed to.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2008 07:20 PM
fangirl101 is currently offline Click here to Send fangirl101 a Private Message Find more posts by fangirl101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Great Galen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well hey, it probably should be considering there powersets but it simply isn't supported by panel evidence...that's the flaw of the argument and that statement.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2008 12:25 AM
The Great Galen is currently offline Click here to Send The Great Galen a Private Message Find more posts by The Great Galen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by The Great Galen
Well hey, it probably should be considering there powersets but it simply isn't supported by panel evidence...that's the flaw of the argument and that statement.

Get out of the thread. By feats,She's got him beat on actual combat reaction time.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2008 02:12 AM
fangirl101 is currently offline Click here to Send fangirl101 a Private Message Find more posts by fangirl101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

I can't believe some of you. You come in this thread to complain about a Wonder Woman feat in a Wonder Woman RESPECT thread.

Wonder Woman has SUPER SPEED. Her training makes her REACTIONS faster, not raw speed. Cripes!

Maybe Digi will delete all the useless posts.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2008 02:18 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D-Block

Agreed. She is a trained Warrior it makes sense.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2008 06:29 PM
D-Block is currently offline Click here to Send D-Block a Private Message Find more posts by D-Block Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D-Block

WW also has a DVD coming out soon FYI.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2008 06:31 PM
D-Block is currently offline Click here to Send D-Block a Private Message Find more posts by D-Block Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

Awesome respect thread...much props thumb up

I find it disturbing that people come into a respect thread and debate.

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2008 06:40 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Great respect thread, organized, etc.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2008 08:37 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by fangirl101
Wonder Woman is definitely faster than Superman in combat.

(please log in to view the image)

There is no way to misinterpret this scan. None. Zero. Zilch.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2008 02:24 AM
zeel

Originally posted by The Great Galen
Meh, feat wise it's not really supported and she basically just admitted the only reaosn she may be faster is because of her MA application.

LOL hey just say hey FG great respect thread. she obviously put alot of time into it good job. big grin

Last edited by zeel on Jan 18th, 2009 at 06:12 AM

Old Post Jan 18th, 2009 06:07 AM
zeel is currently offline Click here to Send zeel a Private Message Find more posts by zeel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zeel

WW has always been faster than Superman in combat. unless you can show me Superman catching someone like zoom blind. Or coordinating multiple blocks in a circular motion at ftl. Her movements are instinctive. His are reactive. She is DEFINITELY faster than he is in a fight. And McDuffie writes Superman fine. I like his interactions between the Triad. He actually makes me like Superman. He's so lame in his own books.

IM sorry to say this but , and i know she did it. And Fg im not trying to rain on your parade this is a great thread. BUt WW catching zoom off guard blind folded is shitty writing. It has taken flash jesses jay and multiple other speedsters combined speed to do that.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2009 06:11 AM
zeel is currently offline Click here to Send zeel a Private Message Find more posts by zeel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by zeel
IM sorry to say this but , and i know she did it. And Fg im not trying to rain on your parade this is a great thread. BUt WW catching zoom off guard blind folded is shitty writing. It has taken flash jesses jay and multiple other speedsters combined speed to do that.

Why are you messing up the darned respect thread? The reason she caught zoom is because she caught him off guard. She used him evacing the rocks to catch him. Duh.

Last edited by fangirl101 on Jan 18th, 2009 at 06:24 AM

Old Post Jan 18th, 2009 06:18 AM
Cartesian Doubt
Cognito il Sum

Originally posted by Raoul
no expression

i can't believe you actually used that comic...

Why ... The fact thats its more recent increases its reliability as a source of Authority. And The analogy to Ussain Bolt and Bruce Lee, makes a lot of sense in the context. You might say it doesn't support Older fights, but it supports a lot of what happened in Sacrifice.

Superman is physically A LOT Faster

Wonder Womans unconscious reactions are lot faster than Supermans conscious reactions. Deal with it !

Old Post Jan 18th, 2009 02:03 PM
Cartesian Doubt is currently offline Click here to Send Cartesian Doubt a Private Message Find more posts by Cartesian Doubt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Wonder woman have proven on numerous of occasions of being supermans superior when it comes to combat speed and I dont think its a small margin either. I agree with a lot though, travel speed, superman has here beat there and in spades, combat speed, something totally different.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 18th, 2009 06:51 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

Good thread Nvr !!

Too bad Raoul ruined it. sad

Old Post Jan 18th, 2009 07:06 PM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Fangirl has done an amazing job with this thread, its the best one that we have and trust me even if it wasnt raoul it would have been someone else, anything that is said about superman is automatic arrest on kmc. Superman is the greatest hero but hes not>> everyone. I regretted her posting that wonder woman and superman speed thing because I knew it was going to hit the fan. I was praying that it wouldnt have showed up here.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 18th, 2009 07:27 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zeel

Why are you messing up the darned respect thread? The reason she caught zoom is because she caught him off guard. She used him evacing the rocks to catch him. Duh.

Sorry FG wasnt meaning to mess up your thread. Btw its a excellent thread i just never was able to understand how the hell she tagged zoom. It didnt seem possible. Good job btw you obviously put a shit load of time into the thread.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2009 08:49 PM
zeel

Originally posted by carver9
Fangirl has done an amazing job with this thread, its the best one that we have and trust me even if it wasnt raoul it would have been someone else, anything that is said about superman is automatic arrest on kmc. Superman is the greatest hero but hes not>> everyone. I regretted her posting that wonder woman and superman speed thing because I knew it was going to hit the fan. I was praying that it wouldnt have showed up here.
thumb up

Old Post Jan 18th, 2009 08:49 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Cartesian Doubt
Why ... The fact thats its more recent increases its reliability as a source of Authority. And The analogy to Ussain Bolt and Bruce Lee, makes a lot of sense in the context. You might say it doesn't support Older fights, but it supports a lot of what happened in Sacrifice.

Superman is physically A LOT Faster

Wonder Womans unconscious reactions are lot faster than Supermans conscious reactions. Deal with it !

Originally posted by It's Face
Good thread Nvr !!

Too bad Raoul ruined it. sad

Originally posted by carver9

guys, if you want to debate this with me, please do it somewhere else. yes, i disagree with the scan, but i would never intentionally set out to ruin a respect thread. i'm sorry fangirl saw it that way, i'm sorry other people saw it that way. it was never my intention. if people want to talk about this further, you can pm me, msn me, or talk in one of the OTT/Team threads on the various forums...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 18th, 2009 10:13 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote