KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » The Completely Revamped Wonder Woman Respect Thread!!!

The Completely Revamped Wonder Woman Respect Thread!!!
Started by: fangirl101

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rage.Of.Olympus

One thing I would like to address, it was stated that Wonder Woman has greater combat speed than Clark. How is that physically possible?

I mean, I would have understood, if he was Gladiator and he simply used his speed to travel from point A to point B, and didn't show Super Speed etc. in his reflexes but that isn't the case here. Clark has shown numerous times, combat speed that should be beyond Diana (Vibrating to the point he is basically intangible, able to match the Flash in speed combat, vibrating to the point he is invisible etc.).

Of course if what you meant was that she has superior combat speed on a mental plane, I completely agree. She is a warrior born with much more experience than Clark. She has honed her fighting skills to the point where she reacts on instinct, unlike Clark who has to process, the environment and take the time to make a decision.

In those terms I completely understand and agree, she does have superior combat speed etc. based on that, but when it comes to the physical plane, is he not physically superior to her, in strength, durability and most importantly speed. He has shown that he has Flash level combat speed.

People do have different opinions and those are simply mine. J

Forgive me, fan girl if I'm "Spamming" but I am simply trying to understand what people mean when they say that Diana has superior combat to Clark. Hey I might be wrong, so who knows, but I have a great deal of comics, so I would like to know what I've missed.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2009 04:56 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

A sense a hissyfit on its way.

All thanks goes to starlock.
"Beware trolls, know me and know fear"

Old Post Jan 20th, 2009 09:55 PM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
One thing I would like to address, it was stated that Wonder Woman has greater combat speed than Clark. How is that physically possible?

I mean, I would have understood, if he was Gladiator and he simply used his speed to travel from point A to point B, and didn't show Super Speed etc. in his reflexes but that isn't the case here. Clark has shown numerous times, combat speed that should be beyond Diana (Vibrating to the point he is basically intangible, able to match the Flash in speed combat, vibrating to the point he is invisible etc.).

Of course if what you meant was that she has superior combat speed on a mental plane, I completely agree. She is a warrior born with much more experience than Clark. She has honed her fighting skills to the point where she reacts on instinct, unlike Clark who has to process, the environment and take the time to make a decision.

In those terms I completely understand and agree, she does have superior combat speed etc. based on that, but when it comes to the physical plane, is he not physically superior to her, in strength, durability and most importantly speed. He has shown that he has Flash level combat speed.

People do have different opinions and those are simply mine. J

Forgive me, fan girl if I'm "Spamming" but I am simply trying to understand what people mean when they say that Diana has superior combat to Clark. Hey I might be wrong, so who knows, but I have a great deal of comics, so I would like to know what I've missed.

you couldn't PM me? You had to MESS up my thread that I took all this time on? Do you know how many respect threads have things that I don't agree with or can't figure out? I dont' go messing up people's work. WW finally gets a respect thread that's organized and show cases her abilities and It's all over her combat speed? I've shown already that her combat speed is seriously under estimated. People try everything in the book to make her feats look less than they are.

Last edited by fangirl101 on Jan 20th, 2009 at 10:10 PM

Old Post Jan 20th, 2009 10:07 PM
fangirl101 is currently offline Click here to Send fangirl101 a Private Message Find more posts by fangirl101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Naija boy

I sense a J A has just posted.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2009 10:08 PM
fangirl101 is currently offline Click here to Send fangirl101 a Private Message Find more posts by fangirl101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by fangirl101
you couldn't PM me? You had to MESS up my thread that I took all this time on? Do you know how many respect threads have things that I don't agree with or can't figure out? I dont' go messing up people's work. WW finally gets a respect thread that's organized and show cases her abilities and It's all over her combat speed? I've shown already that her combat speed is seriously under estimated. People try everything in the book to make her feats look less than they are.

Breathe...

I am enjoying your respect thread greatly, and it's far from my intention to ruin it in any shape or form. I am appreciate all the hard work you are doing and I am positive so does everyone else, but I addressed a very reasonable point of discussion.

I am not trying to disrespect Wonder Woman in any way but I am simply trying to clear up some statements made.

It was stated, that Wonder Woman has greater combat speed than Clark, which would be wrong if it's based on physical capabilities, but on a mental level it is not. I am simply trying to clear up this matter, and find out in which way did they mean Wonder Woman is superior.

I do not want Wonder Woman to be underestimated just as I do not want her to be overestimated either. That is all.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings or if I got on your nerve.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2009 11:31 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by Naija boy

Lol, not really necessary but still rather amusing. Again I "lol".

Old Post Jan 20th, 2009 11:32 PM
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Breathe...

I am enjoying your respect thread greatly, and it's far from my intention to ruin it in any shape or form. I am appreciate all the hard work you are doing and I am positive so does everyone else, but I addressed a very reasonable point of discussion.

I am not trying to disrespect Wonder Woman in any way but I am simply trying to clear up some statements made.

It was stated, that Wonder Woman has greater combat speed than Clark, which would be wrong if it's based on physical capabilities, but on a mental level it is not. I am simply trying to clear up this matter, and find out in which way did they mean Wonder Woman is superior.

I do not want Wonder Woman to be underestimated just as I do not want her to be overestimated either. That is all.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings or if I got on your nerve.

Sorry. I just took out my frustration on you. All they were saying was that WW has greater combat Speed. She is already uberly fast. Coupled with her instant reactions, she actually fights faster than Superman becuz she doesn't think. She automatically acts and reacts. Superman while fast, still thinks and then acts.

Last edited by fangirl101 on Jan 20th, 2009 at 11:39 PM

Old Post Jan 20th, 2009 11:33 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Sorry. I just took out my frustration on you. All they were saying was that WW has greater combat Speed. She is already uberly fast. Coupled with her instant reactions, she actually fights faster than Superman becuz she doesn't think. She automatically acts and reacts. Superman while fast, still thinks and then acts.

No problem, everyone has those days.

I am not saying she is slow, she is very fast to the point where she is one of the fastest on Earth but I simply addressed that point because other people might take those posts as being proof.

One more thing, I don't want to start a debate here, but she doesn't fight faster than Superman.

It's physically impossible. Muscle memory is very impressive true, if you took away their powers/speed, she would be much quicker, but muscle memory, instinct etc. doesn't account for much when Kal-El can move faster than thought and Diana can't move as fast as light.

Their difference in physical speed, is simply to vast, for something such as Muscle memory to overcome. True she is faster than most but she is not faster than Superman on any physical level. Superman has moved at speeds thousands of faster than light.

Like I stated, if he was simply using his speed, to move from Point A to Point B, and not in combat like say Gladiator, then I fully agree with you, but Clark has shown time and time again, that he can apply his speed to fighting on a level that is simply beyond Diana (Vibrating to the point of intangibility, invisibility, fighting the Flash in super speed combat etc,)

It has nothing to do with skill, Diana is mentally faster by a margin I agree, because she reacts on instinct, but if they were to face each other in combat, Clark could break her neck before she formed a coherent thought.

What he lacks in experience and skill, he more than makes up for in physical might. Difference simply to great.

Again, Diana is still one of the fastest on Earth,a nd has tremendous reflexes. Greater than most. Nothing wrong with being slower than Superman, when your faster than more than 98% of the meta humans on the planet by a wide margin.

Damn, I did it again. Really am sorry for changing the subject dramatically, but I simply can't stop myself from addressing some points.

I did twice, now you have every right to be angry with me, and you should be. I shouldn't be having this discussion here.

Is there some sort of thread that we can discuss this on? I just joined lol, and I still not quite sure were everything is. Maybe the Superman vs. Wonder Woman thread?

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Jan 21st, 2009 at 12:04 AM

Old Post Jan 21st, 2009 12:02 AM
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

No problem, everyone has those days.

I am not saying she is slow, she is very fast to the point where she is one of the fastest on Earth but I simply addressed that point because other people might take those posts as being proof.

One more thing, I don't want to start a debate here, but she doesn't fight faster than Superman.

It's physically impossible. Muscle memory is very impressive true, if you took away their powers/speed, she would be much quicker, but muscle memory, instinct etc. doesn't account for much when Kal-El can move faster than thought and Diana can't move as fast as light.

Their difference in physical speed, is simply to vast, for something such as Muscle memory to overcome. True she is faster than most but she is not faster than Superman on any physical level. Superman has moved at speeds thousands of faster than light.

Like I stated, if he was simply using his speed, to move from Point A to Point B, and not in combat like say Gladiator, then I fully agree with you, but Clark has shown time and time again, that he can apply his speed to fighting on a level that is simply beyond Diana (Vibrating to the point of intangibility, invisibility, fighting the Flash in super speed combat etc,)

It has nothing to do with skill, Diana is mentally faster by a margin I agree, because she reacts on instinct, but if they were to face each other in combat, Clark could break her neck before she formed a coherent thought.

What he lacks in experience and skill, he more than makes up for in physical might. Difference simply to great.

Again, Diana is still one of the fastest on Earth,a nd has tremendous reflexes. Greater than most. Nothing wrong with being slower than Superman, when your faster than more than 98% of the meta humans on the planet by a wide margin.

Damn, I did it again. Really am sorry for changing the subject dramatically, but I simply can't stop myself from addressing some points.

I did twice, now you have every right to be angry with me, and you should be. I shouldn't be having this discussion here.

Is there some sort of thread that we can discuss this on? I just joined lol, and I still not quite sure were everything is. Maybe the Superman vs. Wonder Woman thread?

Lulz. no wonder you are asking so many questions. you think she can't move faster than light. She's moved far faster than light. Our discussion is over at this point. The spam of the thread is a bit much for my taste.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2009 12:06 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Ok, she went far faster than light when (Superman is still significantly beyond that but I'll play along.)? Seriously wondering. I have read a lot of Wonder Woman comics (Probably every issue published of every volume at my old house) but I have never seen this happen before but of course I am not that attentive when reading her comics unfortunately. Find them boring as of late.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2009 01:39 AM
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ok, she went far faster than light when (Superman is still significantly beyond that but I'll play along.)? Seriously wondering. I have read a lot of Wonder Woman comics (Probably every issue published of every volume at my old house) but I have never seen this happen before but of course I am not that attentive when reading her comics unfortunately. Find them boring as of late.

You can check the respect thread here carefully.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2009 02:57 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

I have been looking, but I haven't seen anything "far faster than light speed" at all. There is a possibility that I missed some scans, but as the thread maker, do you not know any scans of the top of your mind?

I haven't seen her go faster than light and I have almost all of her comics.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2009 03:14 AM
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have been looking, but I haven't seen anything "far faster than light speed" at all. There is a possibility that I missed some scans, but as the thread maker, do you not know any scans of the top of your mind?

I haven't seen her go faster than light and I have almost all of her comics.

She blocked the shattered God's particles that were zipping in from the farthest corners of the universe. Not only was she blocking them, but she was actually moving herself in front of them in a circular motion. FTL. She also entered the speed force under her own power. Also FTL.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2009 03:15 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

She entered the Speed Force under her own power?

Right scan please or better yet issue number so I can read it myself. Context is very important, and that's the problem with scans and statements etc. Scans can be edited to cut of part's of the image, and they can be misleading......

She has no connection with the Speed Force at all. She gets her speed from Hermes.

I have never, ever read this, heard of this, in any way.

I remember an issue where she tugged on Jesse Quick with the Lasso, but she did not enter the Speed Force to my recollection. She simply used the lasso to stop her if I remember (Do you recall the issue number?).

The shattered God? That was impressive but not light speed fast.

If those were the events you were referring to, those weren't way beyond light speed feats. Impressive but not even light speed fast from what I remember.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2009 03:45 AM
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

She entered the Speed Force under her own power?

Right scan please or better yet issue number so I can read it myself. Context is very important, and that's the problem with scans and statements etc. Scans can be edited to cut of part's of the image, and they can be misleading......

She has no connection with the Speed Force at all. She gets her speed from Hermes.

I have never, ever read this, heard of this, in any way.

I remember an issue where she tugged on Jesse Quick with the Lasso, but she did not enter the Speed Force to my recollection. She simply used the lasso to stop her if I remember (Do you recall the issue number?).

The shattered God? That was impressive but not light speed fast.

If those were the events you were referring to, those weren't way beyond light speed feats. Impressive but not even light speed fast from what I remember.

You are on ignore. your ploy is obvious. I figured you were on some bs like this. and your polite way of asking questions was a stupid ploy to demeans feats. How the hell can she block ftl projectiles without moving FTL? Or enter the speed force without moving ftl? I'm going to ask digi to remove your comments from the thread.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2009 03:49 AM
endrict null
Restricted

Account Restricted

shitty thread. Oh and reported for spamming.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2009 03:55 AM
endrict null is currently offline Click here to Send endrict null a Private Message Find more posts by endrict null Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by endrict null
shitty thread. Oh and reported for spamming.

Lulz. Too bad even the DC board people gave this thread props. I guess you calling it shitty means very lil when so many others say it's one of the best. You are also spamming.

Last edited by fangirl101 on Jan 21st, 2009 at 04:01 AM

Old Post Jan 21st, 2009 03:59 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

You are on ignore. your ploy is obvious. I figured you were on some bs like this. and your polite way of asking questions was a stupid ploy to demeans feats. How the hell can she block ftl projectiles without moving FTL? Or enter the speed force without moving ftl? I'm going to ask digi to remove your comments from the thread.

What?

I am stating facts. She did not fly or run faster than light in that issue. Jesse Quick was traumatized and Diana was able to tie the lasso around her, right before she entered the Speed Force, and pulled her out.

Those objects weren't moving faster than light. That is speculation on your part (Mine to, of course because it is significantly hard to tell in comics at what speed objects are going, but from what I noticed they weren't faster than light).

I have no secret agenda or ploy to demean feats. Is it my fault you stated she has gone way beyond faster than light when in fact she never has in continuity?

Whatever, I'm done here. I can't even have a civil conversation with you.

I still don't see how I'm demeaning feats when I bring up honest and logical concerns. It's all about context, and that's the problem with scans. No context.

Demeaning feats? Honestly, I can't believe you actually said she entered the Speed Force, when she clearly wasn't in the Speed Force. Her lasso only tugged Jesse Quick. Diana didn't achieve faster than light velocity, and somehow tapped into the Speed Force, and entered that dimension. She simply was able to nap Jesse before she ran from what I remember.

You would have my posts deleted, why? Because they shed light and context on scans that can be misleading?

Ok, whatever, your thread, not mine.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2009 04:08 AM
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

What?

I am stating facts. She did not fly or run faster than light in that issue. Jesse Quick was traumatized and Diana was able to tie the lasso around her, right before she entered the Speed Force, and pulled her out.

Those objects weren't moving faster than light. That is speculation on your part (Mine to, of course because it is significantly hard to tell in comics at what speed objects are going, but from what I noticed they weren't faster than light).

I have no secret agenda or ploy to demean feats. Is it my fault you stated she has gone way beyond faster than light when in fact she never has in continuity?

Whatever, I'm done here. I can't even have a civil conversation with you.

I still don't see how I'm demeaning feats when I bring up honest and logical concerns. It's all about context, and that's the problem with scans. No context.

Demeaning feats? Honestly, I can't believe you actually said she entered the Speed Force, when she clearly wasn't in the Speed Force. Her lasso only tugged Jesse Quick. Diana didn't achieve faster than light velocity, and somehow tapped into the Speed Force, and entered that dimension. She simply was able to nap Jesse before she ran from what I remember.

You would have my posts deleted, why? Because they shed light and context on scans that can be misleading?

Ok, whatever, your thread, not mine.

The discussion is over. Everyone on the DC boards agree with my interpretation of the facts. I've asked digi to remove all of the comments that are not mine after post 11 on the third page. Have a good night. your ugly sick ploy to ruin my thread is tragic and so wrong and ugly. It's dispicable or however you spell it. You should be ashamed. I surely dont' see you going into other threads pulling this CRAP. Oh and she did enter the speed force. Clearly you dont' have the Plus one.

Last edited by fangirl101 on Jan 21st, 2009 at 04:22 AM

Old Post Jan 21st, 2009 04:15 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

I honestly am sorry, if I offended you, but don't you think it's a little far fetch to think I have some conspiracy to ruin this thread?

What purpose would I have? This is one of the best organized, and biggest threads I have ever seen. I personally love Wonder Woman as a character.

I have nothing to gain, through ruining your thread. We are simply having a civil discussion. Sorry, if I upset you in some way, but I assure you, I have no dastardly plot to destroy this thread.

It's been a while, but I do not recall Wonder Woman ever entering the Speed Force in that issue because of her physical speed. Either way it makes no sense, she isn't even connected to the Speed Force.

You need to more open minded either way. I was simply commenting on some statements made. I do not want them to be misinterperted incorrectly, as scans lack context, and that happens a lot.

Anyways, Good Night. Good luck with this thread. I'll be enjoying this thread as it grows, but I do not think I will ever post any more comments, because it seems I have upset you. Either way, bye. Sorry we left on such a sour note.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2009 04:30 AM