KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » How powerful is Sauron truly?

How powerful is Sauron?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Can't defeat a guy w/gun 3 12.00%
Spiderman level 0 0%
Armie pwning level 12 48.00%
Superman Level 2 8.00%
Galactus/cosmic beings/angels level 6 24.00%
All powerful being that can beat anyone 2 8.00%
Total: 25 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

How powerful is Sauron truly?
Started by: Hewhoknowsall

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
Sauron turns into whatever the heck he wants. If he knows Superman's weakness he will use it against him. Plus magic trums Supes nearly every time and Sauron is one of the most proficent sorcorers of MIddle earth.

The entire point of my post (which no offense, you ignored) is:

1. Superman can travel too fast for Sauron to react and get any magic in

2. Sauron DOESN'T know of Superman's weakness.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2009 07:50 PM
Hewhoknowsall is currently offline Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
The entire point of my post (which no offense, you ignored) is:

1. Superman can travel too fast for Sauron to react and get any magic in

2. Sauron DOESN'T know of Superman's weakness.

1. Doesn't stop Mxypitlic.
2. True.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2009 01:32 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

Originally posted by NemeBro
Sauron is nowhere near Superman's level, let alone Galactus.

All the Valar combined could not defeat Galactus.

Hell, I doubt a Valar can defeat Superman, Melkor, who was considered the most powerful of them all, would be crushed by Superman.

so, now, MORGOTH can not defeat superman?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

laughing laughing laughing laughing

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 09:57 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Originally posted by leonheartmm
so, now, MORGOTH can not defeat superman?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

laughing laughing laughing laughing

Yeah, laughing is right. If Fingolfin can fight him to a standstill then Superman can beat him no problem.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 08:43 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King-Fingolfin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, to be fair, Morgoth was already weakened when he fought Fingolfin.

But no, Morgoth, even at the height of his power, can't beat Superman.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 03:56 PM
King-Fingolfin is currently offline Click here to Send King-Fingolfin a Private Message Find more posts by King-Fingolfin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Ok, Superman get his power from yellow sunlight, right? well, what if Sauron turned into a Balrog or something like Ungoliant taht could emante shadow, therefore blocking the sun and Supermans source of power. Oh, and the Valar would pwn Galactus, as they can do whatever they want, and they could ask Eru for help ;-p Sauron, he gets killed against Galactus unless he starves him or something.

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2009 11:38 PM
Incanus is currently offline Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BradBalboa
SHIKAKAAAA !!!

Anyone who actualyl belives that powers from the LOTR universe can stand up to those of the Marvel and DCUniverses is an idot sorry!! Sauron has proven himself an army buster, destructive power we never see, he is powerful but no where near comic book powerful

Old Post Jun 25th, 2009 01:43 PM
BradBalboa is currently offline Click here to Send BradBalboa a Private Message Find more posts by BradBalboa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BradBalboa
SHIKAKAAAA !!!

Saurons powerful but come on fanboy-ism much, saying hes kryptonian or High Heald even Sky Father level lafable!!!! Yeahh Supes is vunerable to Magic, doesnt mean someone who uses magic will beat him same appies with kryptonite, Superman vs Sauron is a stupid subject, its like saying a Hawk could beat a Rocket!!!

Old Post Jun 25th, 2009 01:47 PM
BradBalboa is currently offline Click here to Send BradBalboa a Private Message Find more posts by BradBalboa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BradBalboa
SHIKAKAAAA !!!

[QUOTE=11989787]Originally posted by Incanus
Ok, Superman get his power from yellow sunlight, right? well, what if Sauron turned into a Balrog or something like Ungoliant taht could emante shadow, therefore blocking the sun and Supermans source of power. Oh, and the Valar would pwn Galactus, as they can do whatever they want, and they could ask Eru for help ;-p Sauron, he gets killed against Galactus unless he starves him or something. [/QUOTE
Blocking the Sun wont do shit, if that where the case superman would ose his powers everytime there wa a storm or it rained or even went cloudy!!! Even without powers granted from yellow sun rays, his kryptonian heritage gives him advantages beign genious level intellect, he woudl still be able to move incredibly fast and be a thousand times stronger than anyone due to lesser gravity. face facts Supes wud easy solo Tolkiens Universes.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2009 01:59 PM
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Incanus
Ok, Superman get his power from yellow sunlight, right? well, what if Sauron turned into a Balrog or something like Ungoliant taht could emante shadow, therefore blocking the sun and Supermans source of power. Oh, and the Valar would pwn Galactus, as they can do whatever they want, and they could ask Eru for help ;-p Sauron, he gets killed against Galactus unless he starves him or something.

No.

Does this "fight" take place in LOTR or DC?? Because unlike in LOTR in DC the sun is a huge burning ball of gas millions of miles across, and Superman can easily just fly into outer space to counter the "blocking out the sun".

And Galactus destroy galaxies. The Valor were afraid of the Numenor.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2009 09:06 PM
Hewhoknowsall is currently offline Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Actually, if there was ABSOLUTLY no light as u are saying, then it would be pitch black every time it rained. Like on a night with no moon. But Eru would kill Galactus no problem =-p same with Superman. And Numenor would kill Superman eventually. =-p Eru completly destroys all DC and Marvel dudes =-p

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 04:57 PM
Incanus is currently offline Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

Being a Star Wars fan, I'll say he's on par with Darth Malak.

War Doctor

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 06:36 PM
Darth Truculent is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 09:12 PM
Zamp is currently offline Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Actually, if there was ABSOLUTLY no light as u are saying, then it would be pitch black every time it rained. Like on a night with no moon. But Eru would kill Galactus no problem =-p same with Superman. And Numenor would kill Superman eventually. =-p Eru completly destroys all DC and Marvel dudes =-p

Don't understand first part.

True, Eru >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>....>>>....Galactus

Uh, no. Numenor defeat Superman????? laughing laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance Happy Dance

No, what about TOAA and Presence?

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 12:03 AM
Incanus
Istari

Well, the Valar laid down their governership of Arda when the Numenoreans invaded Aman, as they feared them. And im pretty sure the Valar could kill Superman. But if there was ZERO light WHATSOEVER, then u wouldnt be able to see, as ur sight is made thru light reflecting off air particles and dust and going into ur eye, but with no light, u cant see. Like a night with a new moon, wherethe lightof the sun isnt bouncing off the moon, u have no light, except that of the lamps and stuff from Mankind, no natural light.

Isil

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 02:45 AM
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

The Valar could kill Superman if Superman let them pierce him with their magic swords, but if he puts up a fight he'd wipe out the whole lot of them.

Superman could destroy Aman with very little effort. He could easily destory all of Arda (Imbar).

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Last edited by Allankles on Jul 2nd, 2009 at 09:07 PM

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 09:04 PM
Allankles is currently offline Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Ummmm, how do u get that? There are ALOT of Maiar, and Tulkas could take Superman on 1 on 1, as he s the most fierce warrior in all LOTR, AND Eonwe could stab him in the back........ Or the Valar could have Eru kill him =-p

Isil

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 12:24 AM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

How powerful is Sauron truly? Well, I'll tell ya. He's not powerful at all because he 'truly' does not exist.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 12:48 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, the Valar laid down their governership of Arda when the Numenoreans invaded Aman, as they feared them. And im pretty sure the Valar could kill Superman. But if there was ZERO light WHATSOEVER, then u wouldnt be able to see, as ur sight is made thru light reflecting off air particles and dust and going into ur eye, but with no light, u cant see. Like a night with a new moon, wherethe lightof the sun isnt bouncing off the moon, u have no light, except that of the lamps and stuff from Mankind, no natural light.

Please explain to me how the Numenor can even HARM Superman when modern day atomic bombs can't.

And forgive me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Superman have enough stored energy to still have superpowers without sunlight for at least a while (which is enough time for him to pwn the Numenor)? I'm pretty sure that if you were to come up with a freak scenario (like Superman has to start in a block full of kryptonite and the Numenor all have kryptonite weapons) then Superman could lose, but I'm also pretty sure that you could come up with a freak scenario in which Frodo beats Morgoth.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 01:34 AM
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Ummmm, how do u get that? There are ALOT of Maiar, and Tulkas could take Superman on 1 on 1, as he s the most fierce warrior in all LOTR, AND Eonwe could stab him in the back........ Or the Valar could have Eru kill him =-p

How do I get what? Superman has planet crashing power (stated several times in the comics). He can move several times faster than light. If the Valar declared war, he'd threaten to sink their whole continent.

If they got aggressive he'd be too fast and too strong for them, not to mention he can spread his heat vision across an entire planet, and said heat vision is hotter than a star.

He can do all this from off planet, essentially out of harms way.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 02:17 AM
Allankles is currently offline Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote