KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » How powerful is Sauron truly?

How powerful is Sauron?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Can't defeat a guy w/gun 3 12.00%
Spiderman level 0 0%
Armie pwning level 12 48.00%
Superman Level 2 8.00%
Galactus/cosmic beings/angels level 6 24.00%
All powerful being that can beat anyone 2 8.00%
Total: 25 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

How powerful is Sauron truly?
Started by: Hewhoknowsall

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Incanus
Istari

But ur forgetting some maiar are immune to fire, as one makes the sun go around in the sky, and they can be killed physically, but then their spirits will bleed him like a stuck pig. Oh, and idk if he has any power energy or whatever stored up, but Numenoreans had enchanted wepons to, they could act like kryptonite. And the Valar would just pwn Superman, face it man. They are like, gods and stuff, they can have Aule or Dwarves stop it. And dont forget Mandos could call on the spirits of the dead to kill Superman. ALL THE DEAD IN LOTR HISTORY.

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 05:09 AM
Incanus is currently offline Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Incanus
But ur forgetting some maiar are immune to fire, as one makes the sun go around in the sky, and they can be killed physically, but then their spirits will bleed him like a stuck pig. Oh, and idk if he has any power energy or whatever stored up, but Numenoreans had enchanted wepons to, they could act like kryptonite. And the Valar would just pwn Superman, face it man. They are like, gods and stuff, they can have Aule or Dwarves stop it. And dont forget Mandos could call on the spirits of the dead to kill Superman. ALL THE DEAD IN LOTR HISTORY.

Superman isn't vulnerable to "enchanted" weapons unless if they are clear cut "magic" and/or kryptonite, and even so they won't be able to actually hit Superman due to him moving at more or less the speed of light. MODERN DAY NUCLEAR WEAPONS can't kill him, so the Numenor would get wtfomglolrofl pwned.

I still don't know who would win Valar or Superman, but I mean the Valar were afraid of the Numenor, so they obviously couldn't "pwn" Superman; they'd be TERRIBLY afraid of a guy that can fly at near the speed of light, lift planets and is immune to almost all extremes of physical harm.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 01:45 PM
Hewhoknowsall is currently offline Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Being a spirit doesn't mean you're beating Supes given that he can affect death gods and has destroyed a death god in the comics. The Maiar that governs the sun would only empower Superman, and besides Supes has freeze powers as well.

He's just too powerful for the Valar.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 06:24 PM
Allankles is currently offline Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

I still think the Valar would kill him, as u forget, if they start losing, they can lay down their government of Arda and ERU would wtfomglolrofl pwn Superman. he would.

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2009 05:09 PM
Incanus is currently offline Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

I still think the Valar would kill him, as u forget, if they start losing, they can lay down their government of Arda and ERU would wtfomglolrofl pwn Superman. he would.

Dude, that's not fair that Eru would help the Valar: we're talking about Superman vs the VALAR not Eru; I highly doubt that anyone here thinks that Superman could even hurt Eru. And why would Eru intervene anyway? He rarely ever does. You minus well give Superman The Prescense.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2009 01:19 AM
Hewhoknowsall is currently offline Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Well, Eru would not want Superman either in Middle Earth or destroying it before the Dagor Dagollach. So, he would stop him. At least, im pretty sure he would, and Tulkas is probly as strong if not stronger than Superman, as he is able to break a whole bunch of stuff, even tho Superman can to, Tulkas COULD be stronger.

Isil

Old Post Jul 5th, 2009 08:07 PM
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

What "stuff" could Tulkas break that would make him stronger than Superman?

Old Post Jul 5th, 2009 08:52 PM
Incanus
Istari

well, the walls of Utumno, and mithril, dragon scales, among other things like thatOh, and Melkors armor.

Isil

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 01:54 AM
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

How does that equate to what Superman can do? You do realize he can move planets and destroy planetoids with his fists. How do walls of stone and bendable metal equate to that?

Weaker superheroes like the Thing from the Fantastic Four could replicate such feats with ease.

Superman level feats include crushing an entire city of super powered villains by himself, rebuilding an entire city in a matter of moments, tens of skyscrapers included (that's how fast he moves).

Tulkas strength probably doesn't exceed 10 tons.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 04:24 AM
Allankles is currently offline Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Allankles
How does that equate to what Superman can do? You do realize he can move planets and destroy planetoids with his fists. How do walls of stone and bendable metal equate to that?

Weaker superheroes like the Thing from the Fantastic Four could replicate such feats with ease.

Superman level feats include crushing an entire city of super powered villains by himself, rebuilding an entire city in a matter of moments, tens of skyscrapers included (that's how fast he moves).

Tulkas strength probably doesn't exceed 10 tons.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 10:43 PM
Incanus
Istari

Uh, you are talking about the Vala who is the strongest thing to ever exist so........... oh, and the walls of Uatumno wernt bendalble, as they were created from the metal that is from the bottom of the Earth, AND they are held together by Melors evil, so as long as he is evil, they wont fall, the Valar got thru cuz they were like, the ultimate good or something.......

Isil

Old Post Jul 11th, 2009 07:07 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Or because Morgoth's power was so diminished compared to the Host's.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2009 10:04 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Uh, you are talking about the Vala who is the strongest thing to ever exist so........... oh, and the walls of Uatumno wernt bendalble, as they were created from the metal that is from the bottom of the Earth, AND they are held together by Melors evil, so as long as he is evil, they wont fall, the Valar got thru cuz they were like, the ultimate good or something.......

...um, what?

Strongest thing to ever exist? Eru anyone?

Well obviously they were bendable if they were bent, and if they only bent them cause they were ultimate good then that doesn't really help in their fight vs Superman/doesn't show off their STRENGTH. Has Sauron or the Valar ever moved planets?

And I dare you to say that the Valar could defeat Galactus. Dare you.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2009 12:40 AM
Birch_Tree

Brining another old thread back from the dead, probably should stay dead but I am bored...

Like others have said it is difficult to compare powers across stories, but we can try. The Valar struggled to shape the world and heal any hurts caused by Melkor. They are fast, but could not outrun Ungoliant which was a giant spider. We saw a fight between a Elven lord and Melkor, the elven lord was able to wound Melkor several times before he eventually lost. We have other examples where elven lords were not significantly more powerful then exceptional humans.

My knowledge of Comics is not the best, and characters power seems to jump all over the place but I would place a Elf Lord at a similar level to the Dark Knight movie batman. Sauron is a stronger level again but still vulnerable, I do not know maybe something like a typical Hulk.. bad example I think.

So I do not think Sauron could defeat Superman when he was written at his most powerful, and would still probably lose even against the weaker Supermans. So I would place Sauron similar in physical fighting ability as Golden Age Superman...

A valar would lose to Silver/Bronze Age superman, but probably comparable in power to Modern era (John Byrne) superman.

So

Elven lord = Dark Knight Movie Batman.
Sauron = Golden Age Superman.
Valar = Modern era (John Byrne) superman

Old Post Jun 21st, 2011 11:47 PM
Birch_Tree is currently offline Click here to Send Birch_Tree a Private Message Find more posts by Birch_Tree Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

This thread is stupid.

Seriously trying to compare power level comics, with Lord of The Rings?

Please Respond To My PM Barker

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2011 01:16 PM
ThorinWoofer is currently offline Click here to Send ThorinWoofer a Private Message Find more posts by ThorinWoofer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Birch_Tree

Originally posted by Thoren
This thread is stupid.

Yeah it is stupid, but a challenge nether the less. A challenge made even harder because it is difficult to 'rank' characters even inside the comic book universe. But a few rough comparisons can be drawn by comparing the actions of Humans in LOTR, to Reality to humans in the comics.

for example as prophesied by Mandos that the death of Melkor would be by the hand of Túrin who will run his black sword Gurthang through Melkor's heart. So it seems, at least in physical form the Valar were still vulnerable to harm from non angelic beings. I have heard that one version of Superman can destroy a planet just by punching it... a feat which does not seem possible in Tolkien universe.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2011 10:43 PM
Birch_Tree is currently offline Click here to Send Birch_Tree a Private Message Find more posts by Birch_Tree Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Galactus's feats, are actually better than Eru. Eru created a single planet, while Galactus destroys galaxies. Of course, that shows the limits for feat-based analysis.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2011 03:02 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Birch_Tree

Eru did even less then that, he laid the plans for the world, but sent the Valar down to build it. To be fair, he made the Valar in the first place.

Varda, one of the Valar created the Stars before descending into the world. (or maybe she made them from dew collected from the two trees, need to read my source material). The Sun is a fruit from one of the two trees.. Tolkien's legendarium is rather strange... So, the entire universe was included in Eru's plans.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2011 03:37 AM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

It always annoys me to see comic characters compared to fantasy characters. Comic characters are not grounded in reality whatsoever, whereas the LOTR characters were almost all at least believable power levels. Tolkien didn't write his books to cater to the "gimme" generation. He derived his ideas from his Catholic backgrounds (Morgoth = Satan) . Frankly, it's insulting to even compare the two universes.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Jun 24th, 2011 06:18 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by Thoren
This thread is stupid.

This....times a Million What the f**k?

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Jun 24th, 2011 06:20 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote