KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » The Avengers (2011)

The Avengers (2011)
Started by: Markus Corvinus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (43): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Markus Corvinus
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Avengers (2011)

I'm really looking forward to this one, it's about time we get a Marvel team up movie. I just hope they really cook up something good, and use the Hulk wisely. I'm still very curious as to what villain will be used, if the Hulk won't be.

In any case, I expect to see a fight scene as great or better than this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O617ZHcazwA

"Major, a great writer once said; "There are clefts in the rock where we see the back part of God and tremble." There's no training for what you saw out there because it's not an enemy that confronts us. It's a new power, let loose through a crack in the cliff of nature's mystery."

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 04:52 AM
Markus Corvinus is currently offline Click here to Send Markus Corvinus a Private Message Find more posts by Markus Corvinus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I'm also hoping each character gets enough screen time and not make it concetrate on one character, like what happen with the X-men movies too much time with wolverine (As much as like him).

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 07:01 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

I can't wait for this movie!

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 05:41 PM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

As long as the actors are consistent and whoever they pick for Thor/Cap are quality actors, then I'll be excited for it. Right now though, I'm skeptical.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 05:59 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I look forward to seeing this..

Should be a good story

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 07:01 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Markus Corvinus
Restricted

Account Restricted

I agree with Kazenji in that this needs to be a real team up kind of movie, and not one that just focuses on one particular hero and then have the other team members nearly be like supporting members. But, I think that they're trying to eliminate that possibility by giving each team member a movie rather than going right into the Avengers movie.

"Major, a great writer once said; "There are clefts in the rock where we see the back part of God and tremble." There's no training for what you saw out there because it's not an enemy that confronts us. It's a new power, let loose through a crack in the cliff of nature's mystery."

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 07:15 PM
Markus Corvinus is currently offline Click here to Send Markus Corvinus a Private Message Find more posts by Markus Corvinus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

This has the potential to be the Jimi Hendrix of superhero movies.

If everything is set up as best it can, organised well with the solo movies, and then finished with a big movie based on The Avengers (Not Iron Man and friends), it will actually be beyond awesome, hopefully.

If they don't, it'll be a costly disaster.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Oct 30th, 2008 03:35 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

The fact they they will, hopefully, have no more Terence Howard-type issues where they have to recast an important role it will be great. Glad that Downey Jr. is signed on for it and, apparently, Norton is signed up also.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2008 04:14 PM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magee

Any one think they will have spider-man in this?

Old Post Oct 30th, 2008 05:14 PM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Magee

Ummm.... no, hes not really part of the Avengers anways...

Old Post Oct 30th, 2008 05:15 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

No Spider-Man, PLEASE!! That franchise has already been flushed down the toilet. Leave this one alone.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2008 05:48 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Magee

Why would Spiderman be in this, when Spiderman 4 and 5 will be coming out?

This Avengers movie should have great effects and a good story..

Old Post Oct 30th, 2008 06:57 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nihilist

this wiil work if they dont have hulk as the villain

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post Oct 30th, 2008 08:23 PM
Nihilist is currently offline Click here to Send Nihilist a Private Message Find more posts by Nihilist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Nihilist

I've read a couple different stories on that

One story said that The Hulk will be the villain, but then anothe one said that the villain(s) is unknown right now

Old Post Oct 30th, 2008 09:39 PM
Markus Corvinus
Restricted

Account Restricted

If they have Spider-Man anywhere near the Avengers, I'll puke. Leave this to the big boys, not the little inexperienced kids. Anyway, I think Hulk has to play some sort of big role in this movie, he was one of the original members, afterall. Always has been.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2008 10:57 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

He hasn't been in The Avengers since they started it, if I recall correctly.

He isn't a team player, Hulk isn't a team guy. The Avengers are much more suited to say, Captain America, than Hulk.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Oct 30th, 2008 11:42 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Markus Corvinus
Restricted

Account Restricted

I know, I know, I'm just saying he's at least mandatory for the first movie. He can work as a hero if they take a new approach that doesn't mess up the character.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2008 02:22 AM
Squirrel Fart

http://www.superherohype.com/news/hulknews.php?id=7760

Next, he's likely to appear in an 'Avengers' movie, but that's completely up to Marvel," she explained. "It's wonderful that Marvel now controls so many of their own characters, and they can create a Marvel universe in film and populate it with so many of their characters who naturally exist together. I think an 'Avengers' film is a very exciting prospect."

Old Post Oct 31st, 2008 02:26 AM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Originally posted by Nihilist

thumb up

Old Post Oct 31st, 2008 02:27 AM
Magee

Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Ummm.... no, hes not really part of the Avengers anways...
He is a member of the new avengers and who says they will go with the classic team? Spider-man is there most succesful movie adaption, it would make sense from the money perspective (which is all they really care about) to have there biggest cash cow in a film like the Avengers. Would not surprise me if they threw wolverine in with him.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2008 02:44 AM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote