KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » The Avengers (2011)

The Avengers (2011)
Started by: Markus Corvinus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (43): « First ... « 26 27 [28] 29 30 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

Just got back from seeing it, it was awesome.

All of the characters got their moments, and it was incredibly fun throughout the majority of the film.

Also (big spoiler)[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I did not see Coulson's death coming though, Whedon continues his practise of sudden deaths

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Apr 26th, 2012 04:10 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I wana go now but no one's free! Damn it! Guess I'll have to wait until the wknd!

Old Post Apr 26th, 2012 04:25 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Apparently Avengers as more presold tickets for the NA premier than all the other Marvel Studio Films combined...

I got my ticket today for the Midnight showing, reserved the last good seats in the theater.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Apr 27th, 2012 01:13 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Best Marvel movie!!

Bankai.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2012 07:33 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Just got back from seeing it, it was awesome.

All of the characters got their moments, and it was incredibly fun throughout the majority of the film.

Also (big spoiler)[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I did not see Coulson's death coming though, Whedon continues his practise of sudden deaths

he lives on in the comics

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 27th, 2012 09:57 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gogogadgetgo

Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
What about Thanos fans?

Thanos fans will be pooping in their pants

Old Post Apr 28th, 2012 04:19 AM
gogogadgetgo is currently offline Click here to Send gogogadgetgo a Private Message Find more posts by gogogadgetgo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gogogadgetgo

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Where's everyone watching this? Lol Thought it was out here(UK) first.

It's out here today, but I've not got tickets booked so will probably watch it on the wknd. Finally!

Got released here on April 25th and I went out to watch it first day all by my lonesome.

Best movie I watched on my own, no one going "hey what happen", or "why is it/that/he/she/they like that" and other stupid questions to which my reply always is "wait, leme go out and buy a time machine, then i'll go forward in time to after we've watched the damn thing and i'll tell you why".

Old Post Apr 28th, 2012 04:21 AM
gogogadgetgo is currently offline Click here to Send gogogadgetgo a Private Message Find more posts by gogogadgetgo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
colossulrage

I just read on another forum that the Hulk has more speaking parts in this movie than the other two Hulk movies combined....Ive seen the avengers..He has ONE damn line!

Old Post Apr 28th, 2012 11:04 AM
colossulrage is currently offline Click here to Send colossulrage a Private Message Find more posts by colossulrage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

"Puny God."

That scene made me lol.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 28th, 2012 08:46 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Thanos scene was awesome

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Apr 28th, 2012 10:04 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Movie is amazing. I think Thor fans will be ok with the stuff he does. He has some kickass feats. Anyways ...Hulk Smash.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Apr 28th, 2012 11:06 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Seen it now. Awsome movie.. Hulk stole the show though(not expected). Followed sort of by Robert Downey(expected).

As for Thor: [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Thor fans (myself included) should be happy. The humour was there.. The "He's my brother.." "He's murdered 80 people".. "He's adopted" Just completely cracked me up!

As for his power level. He was still shown as the most powerful really. Iron man needed a 4times amp to go toe to toe with him (just like in a comic) and was still losing. And Thor went toe to toe with Hulk even without Mjolnir.

As for Is it the Best Marvel Movie ever??

Not a spoiler, just my opinion so no need to hide it:

I still prefer the Original Iron Man, and X-Men First Class. They were both awsome superhero fun but still in the real world. Whilst this was of course far from the real world in it's scope (Expected though).

But this still is defo one of my top favs, and it's probably the most true to the comics of all the superhero movies I've seen, and definetely the most NerdTastic superhero fun on the big screen ever.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Apr 29th, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 12:45 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Seen it now. Awsome movie.. Hulk stole the show though(not expected). Followed sort of by Robert Downey(expected).

As for Thor: [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Thor fans (myself included) should be happy. The humour was there.. The "He's my brother.." "He's murdered 80 people".. "He's adopted" Just completely cracked me up!

As for his power level. He was still shown as the most powerful really. Iron man needed a 4times amp to go toe to toe with him (just like in a comic) and was still losing. And Thor went toe to toe with Hulk even without Mjolnir.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Agreed. I really liked Thor and Hulk's short skirmish. I must say Loki and Thor have awesome durability/stamina. Dem bros are tough.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 12:54 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Zack Fair
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Agreed. I really liked Thor and Hulk's short skirmish. I must say Loki and Thor have awesome durability/stamina. Dem bros are tough.

That's how it should be! [SPOILER - highlight to read]: people were afraid they would tone down their powers too much to fit in with the Avengers. But Joss Whedon did the power levels just right IMO. And more importantly Made It Work!

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 12:58 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

That's how it should be! [SPOILER - highlight to read]: people were afraid they would tone down their powers too much to fit in with the Avengers. But Joss Whedon did the power levels just right IMO. And more importantly Made It Work!

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: He nailed it. the final 30 minutes are so awesome. Tony and Cap fighting together...cap and Thor...and one of the coolest fanboy moments for me was when Thor and Hulk were mauling alien after alien after alien. The 2 alone could have destroyed that army lol. Also...damn that sneaky green bastard. Sucker punching Thor like that lol. I guess he did exactly what Cap ordered him to...smash...even allies when there are no more aliens. Either that or was still pissed at Thor over their previous skirmish

Last edited by Zack Fair on Apr 29th, 2012 at 03:03 AM

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 02:53 AM
colossulrage

Originally posted by Galan007
"Puny God."

That scene made me lol.

Ya that was pretty good. He was pretty badass!

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 06:11 AM
colossulrage is currently offline Click here to Send colossulrage a Private Message Find more posts by colossulrage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Thor going hand do hand with the hulk is a pretty good feat. I was think they were just going to have Hulk embarrass Thor. I can live with Hulk getting in a grudge held cheap shot.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 08:00 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Zack Fair
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: He nailed it. the final 30 minutes are so awesome. Tony and Cap fighting together...cap and Thor...and one of the coolest fanboy moments for me was when Thor and Hulk were mauling alien after alien after alien. The 2 alone could have destroyed that army lol. Also...damn that sneaky green bastard. Sucker punching Thor like that lol. I guess he did exactly what Cap ordered him to...smash...even allies when there are no more aliens. Either that or was still pissed at Thor over their previous skirmish

Originally posted by Damborgson
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Thor going hand do hand with the hulk is a pretty good feat. I was think they were just going to have Hulk embarrass Thor. I can live with Hulk getting in a grudge held cheap shot.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: The Hulk's cheap shot was too funny though. I Lol'd really hard! Whedon really did nail it with The Hulk. And the action sequences and the humour. For Comic book fans and your general audience.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 09:56 AM
Lord Shadow Z

Wow, what a film that was! Seriously entertaining, funny, serious and just explosive action throughout. Some dialogue got a bit lost to me but it's hard to take it all in with everything that was going on with all the characters but saying that they were balanced fairly well overall.

Now serious opinions...

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Firstly, I hadn't seen the Cap and Thor movies so this was my first look at them in action and I'm pretty impressed with how they are both portrayed. The concerns over Cap's costume were completely groundless when viewed throughout the movie, the helmet looks fine but maybe the belt could changed to brown instead of blue.

Iron Man was as cool as ever, with the 'jet' suit transformation being an equal to the coolness of the suitcase suit in IM2. Propelling the turbine was also just awesome. Hulk, well Hulk was just amazing and just perfect as a take-no-s**t engine of destruction. His square-off with Thor reminded me of the Bill Bixby TV movie with them involved but this fight was just bone shattering. Ruffalo impressed, and proved critics wrong I feel by playing Banner as a man constantly on the edge. He almost made me jump out of my seat when he yelled at Black Widow!

Coulsen's death was handed well, and the teaser of Thanos promises more excitement. I had to explain to my dad it was Thanos because he thought it was Red Skull.

All in all a very, very exciting start with lots of potential for more stories, you could also substitute/add team members from the Marvel universe at will if need be.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 05:09 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Loved the movie...

Hulk was awesome, that sucker punch was hilarious

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 09:22 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote