KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » DVD Talk » Do we need to own them all ?

Do we need to own them all ?
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kovacs86

If a sequel sucks, I definitely don't bother. I don't want to spend money and waste space with shit like Terminator 3, Star Wars prequels, The Godfather: Part III, etc. The only exception, I guess, is the Alien Quadrilogy because I got the box set for only 6.99 (plus postage) from Amazon, which is cheaper than I would pay for the first 2 (and I wanted to see 3, because it was directed by Fincher)...

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2009 01:23 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grimify
Lord of the Dance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
While your logic is sound, as I have well over 1200 DVDs (about 125 purchased, rest burned copies), I rarely dig into my binders to watch something I have archived anymore. The Big Lebowski (all cool people watch this film over and over) and Conan being movies I pull to watch at least once a year; maybe a couple others.

I do keep burning what I rent through Netflix, it's just a habit I guess.

Sounds exactly like me wink I've got 5 320slot binders full of dvds, and a bunch more on spools. A lot of the time I don't even watch my netflix movies, I just burn and send them right back. I can name, by memory, every movie I've dug out of a binder to watch in the past 6 months.

Chuck & Larry, Willow, Sin City, and Fifth Element

It hardly seems worth the effort, but I guess it is just habit.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2009 01:41 PM
grimify is currently offline Click here to Send grimify a Private Message Find more posts by grimify Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession

I put rentals onto dvd and send back to get more in a week. Once watched a film, just delete it ready to put a new one on to watch. smile

Old Post Mar 20th, 2009 05:18 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LDHZenkai
Evergreen Oldboy

I only buy the good ones. I'll rent the crappy ones.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 09:27 AM
LDHZenkai is currently offline Click here to Send LDHZenkai a Private Message Find more posts by LDHZenkai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cc16

I am not a completist, so I own T1 & T2, but I thought T3 was crap, so I don't own it.

As for renting vs owning, I have changed over the years. When I first bought a DVD player in 1998, I went crazy buying DVD's, as it was fun to build up my collection. Then I realized I never was going to watch half of these movies again, so I contracted.

When I get a BluRay player, probably this upcoming Christmas Season, I made a list of about 40-50 movies I know I love to rewatch, these include Star Wars, Rocky, Godfather, Caddyshack, Animal House, etc. Those movies never get old to me and I like the fact that I can pull them off the shelf anytime to watch them.

Old Post May 16th, 2009 02:18 PM
cc16 is currently offline Click here to Send cc16 a Private Message Find more posts by cc16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

do i need to own them all??

yeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Happy Dance

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 01:46 AM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession

What even Spiceworld?! stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 04:32 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by MildPossession
What even Spiceworld?! stick out tongue

I took my niece to see that... I fell asleep on it

Thanks Steve... The Darkside of the force...

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 07:28 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession

You spent money on it? you poor thing.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 10:26 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

You spent money on it? you poor thing.

no, we went to a free screening

Thanks Steve... The Darkside of the force...

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 12:32 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession

Ah, all is well in the world again.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 08:37 PM
K.Diddy
DiddyWood Style

I usually try to get the whole series,Although Speed 2 and Annaconda 3 are that bad I wont bother

Old Post Sep 13th, 2009 03:58 AM
K.Diddy is currently offline Click here to Send K.Diddy a Private Message Find more posts by K.Diddy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K.Diddy
DiddyWood Style

Not to me, if there is a sequel I don't like then I don't bother buying just so I have a whole trilogy on dvd seperately. I do have all three Terminators though because I got the third as a present for Christmas when it came out and I missed it at the cinema.

smile I actually liked Terminator 3

Old Post Nov 28th, 2009 03:43 AM
K.Diddy is currently offline Click here to Send K.Diddy a Private Message Find more posts by K.Diddy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chezzy62

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
To each his/her own..

Great post BruceSkywalker! You have summed up this thread in one sentence.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2009 11:21 PM
chezzy62 is currently offline Click here to Send chezzy62 a Private Message Find more posts by chezzy62 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
movieshe
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have already won them.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 07:11 AM
movieshe is currently offline Click here to Send movieshe a Private Message Find more posts by movieshe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote