KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Lord Voldemort vs Lex Luthor('78 version)

Lord Voldemort vs Lex Luthor('78 version)
Started by: Dr Will Hatch

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I'd say Lex takes it easily.

Luthor is a master mind.
I do agree with you here, my friend. At first I thought Voldemort's power would be enough, but the ability of Lex together with 3 months of prep time, give him the edge, I think.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 05:30 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Utrigita
Allow me to ask a question concerning the Nuclear Man...

Is it correct that it was only the detonations of every nuclear weapons on earth apon contact with the sun combined with a hair from Superman what was made his "birth" possible?

If this indeed is the case then how do you count on getting the required Nuclear Weapons to the Sun which travel time with a rocket last time I checked was estimated to be five months...

You are correct, in these Vs battles though, a "feat" is generally a feat, so a little freedom is required here.

But if you're really going to cry about it, fine, no Nuclear Man. Lex would shoot his ass with a gun, or hire several assassins to shoot him, as not to get his hands dirty.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 05:40 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disturbed Angel
~.:Fae:.~

FIRSTLY: What about Voldemort's Horcruxes? Lex certainly wouldn't be able to kill Voldemort if he still had his Horcruxes.

SECONDLY: Voldemort rarely ever does that kind of stuff himself, he sends the Death Eaters to do his dirty work for him, while he sets his mind to other matters- stuff he wouldn't trust his Death Eaters with. I am pretty sure that one of Voldemort's many spies would find out about Lex's plan beforehand and that he would send a couple of Death Eaters to dispose of Lex before he even had time to plan out a way of killing Voldemort (who, you MUST remember, had ways of being unable to die).

And oh yes, Voldemort and his Death Eaters have the advantage of invisibility and magical stealth. And in the case of Voldemort- possession.
Sorry I used the danish version of the word the correct word in english would be the Imperio Curse, which I believe Voldemort during his battle with harry in the Goblet of fire but I'm not positive. They would also have to locate Voldemort which can easily teleport himself around on the battlefield as he showed was within his power when he arrived to kill and later battle Dumbledore.

Sorry, but I must make the correction. Or I will explode.

The Imperius Curse. And no, Voldemort used the Killing Curse during the battle with Harry, in GoF. Harry countered it with the Disarming Charm. Of course, Voldemort did use it BEFORE they battled, to try to make Harry answer 'no' when asked if he wanted the Cruciatus Curse used on him again. But Harry threw it off.

And it's called Apparating/Disapparating, not teleporting. And he battled Dumbledore in OoTP but never killed him.

Do you believe in faeries?

I do.

Last edited by Disturbed Angel on Nov 12th, 2008 at 07:28 PM

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 07:21 PM
Disturbed Angel is currently offline Find more posts by Disturbed Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Originally posted by Disturbed Angel
Sorry, but I must make the correction. Or I will explode.

The Imperius Curse. And no, Voldemort used the Killing Curse during the battle with Harry, in GoF. Harry countered it with the Disarming Charm. Of course, Voldemort did use it BEFORE they battled, to try to make Harry answer 'no' when asked if he wanted the Cruciatus Curse used on him again. But Harry threw it off.

And it's called Apparating/Disapparating, not teleporting. And he battled Dumbledore in OoTP but never killed him.

That's entirely okay.

But he used it which was my point.

I wasn't aware of what everything is called in the english version so I just used the words that I thought bescribed it best. Also I realise that try kill Harry should have been placed.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 08:33 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Originally posted by Robtard
You are correct, in these Vs battles though, a "feat" is generally a feat, so a little freedom is required here.

But if you're really going to cry about it, fine, no Nuclear Man. Lex would shoot his ass with a gun, or hire several assassins to shoot him, as not to get his hands dirty.

A feat that Luthor can just replicate like that?

I merely mention that from my point of view, the feat is entirely acceptable but the scenario that you outlined was based on the circumstances that Luthor (from what I know) had no control over and that his chances ore replicating it are very small if not nearly nonexistent within the given timeframe.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 08:37 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disturbed Angel

That's entirely okay.

But he used it which was my point.

I wasn't aware of what everything is called in the english version so I just used the words that I thought bescribed it best. Also I realise that try kill Harry should have been placed.

Yeah ok. But I can't help myself when I see an HP mistake, lol......... It's an almost OCD reaction.

I do.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 08:59 PM
Disturbed Angel is currently offline Find more posts by Disturbed Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

I know the feeling I'm sorry embarrasment

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 09:01 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Yeah ok. But I can't help myself when I see an HP mistake, lol......... It's an almost OCD reaction.

If it were any other woman, I'd slap you for your Harry Putter fetish.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 09:43 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

FIRSTLY: What about Voldemort's Horcruxes? Lex certainly wouldn't be able to kill Voldemort if he still had his Horcruxes.

SECONDLY: Voldemort rarely ever does that kind of stuff himself, he sends the Death Eaters to do his dirty work for him, while he sets his mind to other matters- stuff he wouldn't trust his Death Eaters with. I am pretty sure that one of Voldemort's many spies would find out about Lex's plan beforehand and that he would send a couple of Death Eaters to dispose of Lex before he even had time to plan out a way of killing Voldemort (who, you MUST remember, had ways of being unable to die).

And oh yes, Voldemort and his Death Eaters have the advantage of invisibility and magical stealth. And in the case of Voldemort- possession.
1. Last time Voldemort was fatally attacked but still had his Horcruxes of f@ggotry, he spent the next 13-14 years coming back to power. In a forum battle, he does not have the luxury of time, and given Lex's intelligence, even if we stretch the fight he can and will find the Horcruxes and have them destroyed.

2. So he can invade on Lex's prep-time? That is against forum rules, but two can play at that game. Within the first day, Lex drops a nuclear bomb on Voldemort. So yeah, Voldemort is not allowed to invade on his prep time.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2008 02:28 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx

So he can invade on Lex's prep-time? That is against forum rules.
It is? confused I just read them and I dont see anything pertaining to that.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2008 03:17 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

It shouldn't even have to be stated.

"Preparation time" means that one or both sides get a specified amount of time to prepare for a battle unhindered.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2008 03:29 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'd say it depends on how treacherous the combatant is. that's just me.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2008 03:44 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, "prep time" is an out-of-universe term. So the in-universe personalities can't affect it.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2008 05:09 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

OK, I am assuming that both combatants would have full access to all of their resources then?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2008 06:38 AM
Utrigita

Not quiet only Lex, since he was given the prep time, Voldemort doesn't gain any because he (unlike Lex) doesn't know that he is to battle a person in three months. However I'm unaware to what extent both Characters have knowlegde of each other... In The Comic Versus it's basic knowlegde about the Characters...

Old Post Nov 13th, 2008 04:03 PM
Dr Will Hatch

I would assume that since wizards have direct contact with political officials, Lord Voldemort has a pretty good grasp of muggle personalities in politics and major figures in business, and the like. In this scenario, Lex is fully aware of what is going on in the wizarding world(I'll leave the speculation as to how up to you), and is working covert to kill LV in three months.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2008 08:33 PM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

People that are fully aware of Lex and his business are usually in the dark about his "darker" business ventures if you will.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2008 02:43 AM
Disturbed Angel

I know the feeling I'm sorry embarrasment

It's ok, lol. stick out tongue
Originally posted by Robtard
If it were any other woman, I'd slap you for your Harry Putter fetish.

And I see you've been banned.

I do.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2008 05:43 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Dec 6th, 2008 06:26 AM
Mannoroth II

I dont see any "magic" or "super" powers that Luthor has, anyway...
Voldy's gonna get Lexy moldy.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2009 07:20 AM
Mannoroth II is currently offline Click here to Send Mannoroth II a Private Message Find more posts by Mannoroth II Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote