KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » RESPECT Adam: The BLUE MARVEL

RESPECT Adam: The BLUE MARVEL
Started by: BlueDMighty

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DestinyGuy678
ICON hasn't been around for a whiiiile, he'll be making a comeback January though, black racer isn't really a developed character.....only one on the list I can say I really appreciate is tangent superman and even he is supposed to be taken out by superman in a couple of months
Spawn

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Nov 8th, 2008 02:45 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trackz

Originally posted by HueyFreeman
Spawn
thats a good example but there is a dearth of minority top tiers in comics and its nice to see them added

Old Post Nov 8th, 2008 06:44 PM
Trackz is currently offline Click here to Send Trackz a Private Message Find more posts by Trackz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D-Block

Dude seems cool I'll read his book.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2008 01:26 AM
D-Block is currently offline Click here to Send D-Block a Private Message Find more posts by D-Block Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Zbucsz didn't ask for character development. CrispusAllen was the most powerful being in existance, how is that not enough for you?

Black people always complaining. wink

Old Post Nov 9th, 2008 01:21 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlueDMighty

One of the things I like about the Blue Marvel is that he seems to be his own character, and not a legacy or the rebound recipient of a previous characters powers.

Spawn was cool, but he was also Zombie-esque and disfigured.

I've never heard of the Black Racer, i'll have to do some research.

Originally posted by zbucsz
sorry im not that much into comics and never heard of crispus allen because i read marvel, but now i've been enlightened and he's uber too. On topic did they say anything bout if he has other powers besides +str.

The book didn't mention if he had any energy powers or not.

But Mr G has been holding conversations at the Rama, so there is this:

http://www.newsarama.com/common/com...e.newsarama.com

Replying to:
Kevin,the work has been really good. It seems you are able to craft a story that really puts someone in the center of an intense debate.Here are my questions. 1. Will Blue Marvel and Anti-man be used after the mini is concluded? 2. In regards to his powers. Does the Blue Marvel have superspeed? Does he have other powers that go beyond the physical? Like anything energy related or some such? 3. With Barack Obama in office,and in Marvel that is reflected. Will there be a scene where Adam feels wanted and in comfort now that his country has changed it's view point? 4. Can his catch phrase now be "time for a change"
Posted by titandeoro

1. You'll have to wait and see. But I certainly hope so.

2. It depends on how you define "super-speed". I will not make a point of it like the Flash or Superman. But he has a measure of it.

3. No. Adam has ALWAYS comfortable with himself. It's others that don't feel comfortable with him.

4. I don't think so.

KG

http://www.newsarama.com/common/com...e.newsarama.com

Replying to:
A great introduction issue, i've really enjoyed it. I just hope he doesnt become TOO strong, TOO invulnerable etc. We recently already got The Sentry and a re-introduction of Marvel Boy and judging from the reactions on sites like newsarama fans are getting kinda tired of all those extremely powerful heroes popping up. People like to see vulnerabilities in their heroes, isnt that the main reason that made the Stan Lee's creations so populair?
Posted by Dimoutzi

As long as I'm writing the character, he won't be so strong that he makes other characters look foolish. He is just in the same league as the Hulk, Thor, Superman, Sentry, Orion, J'onn J'onzz, etc. He's NOT above them.

He does have energy powers as well, but not through a kind of "vision".

KG

Mr. Grevioux this was a very good issue. please keep up the good work. I have a few questions for you in regatds to the Blue Marvel's powers.1. How powerful is the Blue Marvel? I ask this, because like many other fans, I'm not a huge fan of earth bound Superman type of characters in the Marvel Universe. Heck, I'm not even a fan of Superman and the other Superman type characters in the DC Universe.2. Does the BM have any weakness and/or limitations?3. Does BM have any other powers besides the ones displayed in the first issue? 4. Is there either a hook or atwist when it comes to BM's super powers?OMT, I would like to thank you for bucking the trend and creating a very possitive and likable superhero, and especially for making him African American.
Posted by wraith

1. He's as strong as anybody in comics. Not "more powerful than...".

2. Not like wood, the color yellow or kryptonite. But he is NOT "all-powerful".

3. Yes. He has energy powers. Can't tell you the nature of them yet though.

4. Not sure what you mean.

5. Thanks for the kind words.

KG

Old Post Nov 11th, 2008 12:58 AM
BlueDMighty is currently offline Click here to Send BlueDMighty a Private Message Find more posts by BlueDMighty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

Notice how he didnt put surfer in the same list as Hulk,thor, Sentry,Superman,Orion andJon J'onzz. Guess he must be above them

All thanks goes to starlock.
"Beware trolls, know me and know fear"

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 01:00 AM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D-Block

I wonder why Sentry didn't do better with Anti-Man?

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 04:00 PM
D-Block is currently offline Click here to Send D-Block a Private Message Find more posts by D-Block Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Because Sentry is old news.

Didn't you get the memo?

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 04:14 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harbinger
Firestorm

WTF says "colored" anymore? Is it 1962?

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 04:37 PM
Harbinger is currently offline Click here to Send Harbinger a Private Message Find more posts by Harbinger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eel O'Brien

Originally posted by Zack Fair
Because Sentry is old news.

Didn't you get the memo?

Poor Sentry. Already relegated to "bashed by the villain of the week" status...

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 05:23 PM
Eel O'Brien is currently offline Click here to Send Eel O'Brien a Private Message Find more posts by Eel O'Brien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by Harbinger
WTF says "colored" anymore? Is it 1962?

In the comic it is. Check who is president.

Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Black people always complaining. wink

I know you're joking, man...but, uncool. I really don't appreciate the racism.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 06:26 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I, in the other hand, appreciate racism and discrimination of every shape and form.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 06:29 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

it's too early in his career for a respect thread, a good 5 years should pass since a lot of things are changing for both major companies. new and powerful characters a plenty.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2008 09:04 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlueDMighty

I'm back. Here go the scans.

Adam is able to make it from Falls Church to the Moon in Minutes

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by BlueDMighty on Jan 15th, 2009 at 05:58 AM

Old Post Jan 15th, 2009 05:46 AM
BlueDMighty is currently offline Click here to Send BlueDMighty a Private Message Find more posts by BlueDMighty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlueDMighty

Having a conversation with the Watcher

The Watcher says that Adam could have split the Moon in 2

Old Post Jan 15th, 2009 06:09 AM
BlueDMighty

Old Post Jan 15th, 2009 06:28 AM
Bouboumaster

I hope Sentry kick his ass.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2009 03:41 PM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

doesn't seem impressive, but to be fair he just came out. i forsee a nother sentry thing happening

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Jan 15th, 2009 06:00 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

Originally posted by jalek moye
doesn't seem impressive, but to be fair he just came out. i forsee a nother sentry thing happening

This is what I fear. A "Sentry" hype.

Sentry just begin to earn respect, why do they throw us Blue Marvel?!

Old Post Jan 15th, 2009 06:03 PM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Originally posted by Bouboumaster
This is what I fear. A "Sentry" hype.

Sentry just begin to earn respect, why do they throw us Blue Marvel?!

the same reason they ruin all that great hulk development and throw us rulk

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Jan 15th, 2009 06:07 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote