KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » S03E09 - It's Coming

S03E09 - It's Coming
Started by: S_D_J

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Elite Hunter

I liked this episode, the Sylar and Elle were really good, overall good episode, the only thing I truly didn't like were the Hiro and Ando scenes.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2008 11:08 AM
Elite Hunter is currently offline Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

I found the episode boring, and as much as i like elle performance,the whole sylar elle thing was not even a little believable, Matt was the only source of entertainement for me....and even that was a little off,the structure of the show is its undoing...now just when we think we have two groups on each end working towards a final conflict....we get a depowered show....too many characters have spun a 360 with charcater development, and should be gone....and some who do not have a presence...should...i find myself not caring anymore...i still have a friend who comes over and watches the show with me...and to tell the truth...its the only reason i watch anymore

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Nov 18th, 2008 12:33 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Haven't seen the episode yet... watched 90210 big grin and Robot Chicken SW Ep II instead... Robot Chicken was great

... maybe I'll watch Heroes tonight..... or maybe I'll watch Terminator...

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Last edited by S_D_J on Nov 18th, 2008 at 05:44 PM

Old Post Nov 18th, 2008 05:37 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

quote: (post)
Originally posted by S_D_J
those were hardly spoilers
erm

most of it is in the preview
I didn't watch the Canadian preview embarrasment

Old Post Nov 18th, 2008 06:07 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

This episode needed some serious Bennet. Let's face it, he's the one and only bulwark against stupidity that our protagonists have. I enjoyed Parkman's scenes and the dynamic between Elle and Sylar.

And, for once, Peter uses his head, proving he's not a complete moron. Perhaps his stamina forces him to choose between powers and intellect, not both.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2008 08:00 PM
Gideon is currently offline Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grate the Vraya
Disciple of Inglip

I enjoyed Parkman, Sylar, and Hiro, but Peter's scenes used some very blatant foreshadowing, and I didn't really understand what was going on with Mohinder and the ugly man. Still, this is one of the better episodes of the season.

I got everything!

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 12:43 AM
Grate the Vraya is currently offline Click here to Send Grate the Vraya a Private Message Find more posts by Grate the Vraya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

I love how the story is coming together now.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 08:09 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Ended up watching Heroes instead of Terminator... some how I regret it

far better episode than last week... but still weak.

Elle was great (god I love Kristen Bell) and Sylar did held his own... I still can't quite picture him as a good guy, is almost as if the writers are trying to hard to turn him into a good guy ... it's so obvious... but what the hell?....

I do not like that he got Intuitive Aptitude at all, not one bit.
What the hell was the point of Peter getting Sylar's power?... if they got the same power... now it turns out it's not a "hunger" WTF? what the hell are the writters smoking?... seriously, first the HRG thing and now this..

Parkman was great... it started out weak, but damn!, that was great. It was a nice pay off at the end

Hiro...*sighs*... back to season one for him....
and who the hell draws the 9th Wonders comic? Issac is long dead... who drew it?... just another convenient plot device that will just go by...

The volume it's almost at an end, hopefully "Fugitives" can redeem the show

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 04:51 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Loved it

TGFwashere

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 05:41 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

damn it

I meat to say Empathy (or Empathic Mimicry) instead of IA... my bad

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 06:25 PM
starlock
Team Authority

Ended up watching Heroes instead of Terminator... some how I regret it

far better episode than last week... but still weak.

Elle was great (god I love Kristen Bell) and Sylar did held his own... I still can't quite picture him as a good guy, is almost as if the writers are trying to hard to turn him into a good guy ... it's so obvious... but what the hell?....

What the hell was the point of Peter getting Sylar's power?... if they got the same power... now it turns out it's not a "hunger" WTF? what the hell are the writters smoking?... seriously, first the HRG thing and now this..

Parkman was great... it started out weak, but damn!, that was great. It was a nice pay off at the end

and who the hell draws the 9th Wonders comic? Issac is long dead... who drew it?... just another convenient plot device that will just go by...

The volume it's almost at an end, hopefully "Fugitives" can redeem the show

Could it be the work issac handed in to the messenger right before he died?

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 06:26 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by starlock
Could it be the work issac handed in to the messenger right before he died?

I doubt it... he say he didn't have the time to finished them... as if Hiro's adventures would not be completed...

But it'll probably go unexplained... though next episode we have Seth Green and Breckin Meyer guest staring... so there could be an explanation.... hopefully

.... I don't know wether I like it or hate it, but the Dr. Manhattan/Watchmen like "Sylar getting Electrocuted" scene irk me a bit... I now Heroes (like many others) borrow elements form Watchmen, but this one was an exact same scene, the exact same framing... more noticeable now with the Watchmen movie trailer...

Last edited by S_D_J on Nov 19th, 2008 at 06:54 PM

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 06:44 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Maybe you should stop watching

TGFwashere

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 07:09 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

I'll watch the show for an episode or 2 more, and if we get the same crap that this episode gave us then I'm done. Too many inconsistencies.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 08:31 PM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by Mairuzu
Maybe you should stop watching

I have thought of the possibility... but I always end up watching it anyways... Guess I can call it a guilty pleasure... There's still hope for the show... Brian Fuller coming back to it... It can work... LOST did it during the third season (most people stop watching it, but the show delivered one of the best season finale)... It could happen

Old Post Nov 20th, 2008 03:45 AM
Blue_Hefner

I was wondering the same thing.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2008 04:31 AM
Blue_Hefner is currently offline Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

I have thought of the possibility... but I always end up watching it anyways... Guess I can call it a guilty pleasure... There's still hope for the show... Brian Fuller coming back to it... It can work... LOST did it during the third season (most people stop watching it, but the show delivered one of the best season finale)... It could happen

there is no way that Heroes can get the kind of credibility that Lost has.

I think I'll stop watching this show after it goes on it's big break again.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Nov 20th, 2008 05:31 AM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

I've decided to finish Villains but if Fugitives isn't better and Peter doesn't get his powers back soon I'm done. Seriously they've bent over like 90% of the things I loved about this show and screwed them all!

The characterization has just been shot to hell several times.
I mean really! It's like they've actually tried to make it as horrible as they can at some points.

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Nov 20th, 2008 03:35 PM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

I shall watch season 1 again

but this time... backwards!

TGFwashere

Old Post Nov 20th, 2008 05:27 PM
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by Quincy
there is no way that Heroes can get the kind of credibility that Lost has.

I think I'll stop watching this show after it goes on it's big break again.

It's not necessary to have that kind of credibility... just that it could have a little more coherence once in a while, a little bit of common sense and not just use twists for the sake of shock factor... it's not a Shamalan movie, twists are not all that necessary.

funny thing.. a lot of people stop watching LOST and instead watched Heroes... praising it for being the complete opposite of LOST.

the ending of this episode finally gave us a villains/heroes super team, with a clear focus on both team, and the coming episodes should take advantage of that set up, hopefully

Originally posted by Mairuzu
I shall watch season 1 again

but this time... backwards!

tell when you watch "Company Man" eek!

Last edited by S_D_J on Nov 20th, 2008 at 05:39 PM

Old Post Nov 20th, 2008 05:33 PM