KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone: Philosophía vs srankmissingnin - Discussion Thread

Battlezone: Philosophía vs srankmissingnin - Discussion Thread
Started by: Philosophía

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Harbinger
Firestorm

So how does this work? Are they going to debate as to which fighter would win given a certain setting, or is it just going to be some abstract argument as to which is better/stronger/whatever?

Old Post Nov 14th, 2008 10:44 PM
Harbinger is currently offline Click here to Send Harbinger a Private Message Find more posts by Harbinger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DigiMark007
You might need to start PMing requests. Chances are some people you might want won't be reading this thread.

I pm'ed some of them, but they haven't logged on yet.

Originally posted by Harbinger
So how does this work? Are they going to debate as to which fighter would win given a certain setting, or is it just going to be some abstract argument as to which is better/stronger/whatever?

It's pretty much going to be a forum fight on a setting me and srank agree on, with standart equipement.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Nov 14th, 2008 10:53 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

I am willing to judge if needed. fangirl is a terrable choice

Old Post Nov 15th, 2008 02:08 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Why is there a ban stipulation? Bad blood between the participants or something?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2008 02:26 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Originally posted by darthgoober
Why is there a ban stipulation? Bad blood between the participants or something?
prob just so theres something at stake that could be enforced

i dont think they have bad blood (although I think 2 weeks is a bit extreme...3 days sounds more reasonable)

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Nov 15th, 2008 02:30 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by Starscream M
prob just so theres something at stake that could be enforced

i dont think they have bad blood (although I think 2 weeks is a bit extreme...3 days sounds more reasonable)

If there's no bad blood between anybody, I think a ban stipulation is pretty wasteful since it would just deprive the forum of a poster who's willing to back up their claims with evidence. A "Loser's Sig" stipulation seems much more appropriate to this situation IMO. But maybe that's just me...

Old Post Nov 15th, 2008 02:34 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harbinger
Firestorm

The ban time deal doesn't seem that bad, IMO; it's only two weeks, and it adds something in the way of incentive for each poster to bring his best argument. Plus, I think srank agreed to it anyway, so it's a bit of a moot point.

What I don't get is the bashing of posters of judges; is it really that big a deal if fangirl is one of them? I've never even seen one of these battlezones go down, so admittedly I don't know the dynamics.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2008 02:42 AM
Harbinger is currently offline Click here to Send Harbinger a Private Message Find more posts by Harbinger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Battlehammer
I am willing to judge if needed. fangirl is a terrable choice
Now explain why I'm a terrible choice. In the original thread. I explained that Batmgirl Might get 6/10. And that Bullseye was one of the best fighters in the Marvel U. So exactly when did I become a terrible choice and you become an excellent one? Is it it your awe inspiring wolverine beats God fanboyish ways that make you the perfect choice?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2008 03:19 AM
fangirl101 is currently offline Click here to Send fangirl101 a Private Message Find more posts by fangirl101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by fangirl101
Now explain why I'm a terrible choice. In the original thread. I explained that Batmgirl Might get 6/10. And that Bullseye was one of the best fighters in the Marvel U. So exactly when did I become a terrible choice and you become an excellent one? Is it it your awe inspiring wolverine beats God fanboyish ways that make you the perfect choice?

becuases your extremely bias towards female dc chaarcters.

did I say I was an excellant choices? Nope.

when have I ever said wolverine beats god?

pleases enlighten me on something I said that was fanboyish about wolverine pleases I love to hear it.

again were did I say I was a perfect choices?

pleases stop putting words into my mouth.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2008 03:24 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

*puts popcorn in microwave*

Old Post Nov 15th, 2008 03:28 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

becuases your extremely bias towards female dc chaarcters.

did I say I was an excellant choices? Nope.

when have I ever said wolverine beats god?

pleases enlighten me on something I said that was fanboyish about wolverine pleases I love to hear it.

again were did I say I was a perfect choices?

pleases stop putting words into my mouth.

What the hell are you talking about? Did you see the original thread before you gave your opinion? I suppose you didn't did you. I said Batgirl Might be able to get 6/10 due to her up close fighting. There is thing called a tourney, that I am participating in, and I used Echo, a marvel female character, who I had to study, who happened to have the moves of bullseye. She was pwning Daredevil with Bullseye's moves. So I am uncertain if Batgirl can beat Bull's eye. Given the fact that I dont know much about either, and My fondness of neither character, I am the perfect choice. Now given your over bearing fondness of MALE MARVEL characters, I'd say you are a terrible choice. You do have it hard for Male characters that are scrappers don't you? Are they sexy?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2008 03:28 AM
fangirl101 is currently offline Click here to Send fangirl101 a Private Message Find more posts by fangirl101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

ah my friday night is complete

Old Post Nov 15th, 2008 03:30 AM
Dum Dum Dugan

What the hell are you talking about? Did you see the original thread before you gave your opinion? I suppose you didn't did you. I said Batgirl Might be able to get 6/10 due to her up close fighting. There is thing called a tourney, that I am participating in, and I used Echo, a marvel female character, who I had to study, who happened to have the moves of bullseye. She was pwning Daredevil with Bullseye's moves. So I am uncertain if Batgirl can beat Bull's eye. Given the fact that I dont know much about either, and My fondness of neither character, I am the perfect choice. Now given your over bearing fondness of MALE MARVEL characters, I'd say you are a terrible choice. You do have it hard for Male characters that are scrappers don't you? Are they sexy?

what does bull eye have to do with this...........and you being so into this mskrd you a bad choices.

I could careless. does not matter to me. I may or may not be a good choice I dont care. i do like marvel male charcters. not sure what that has to do with two female charcters and i don;t care. I think your to opionated and to into this debate to be an objective judge, plus I think your a puts

what if I did think they were sexy? is there something wrong with that? You got something against homosexuals? Do you? I not sure why you need to know what I find sexy, it kinda creepy.

Last edited by Dum Dum Dugan on Nov 15th, 2008 at 03:38 AM

Old Post Nov 15th, 2008 03:35 AM
Starscream M

Old Post Nov 15th, 2008 03:38 AM
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

I think we need to up the stakes to 2 months ban and a compulsory sig that says " I got owned by X in a debate" with a link to it.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2008 03:39 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

what does bull eye have to do with this...........and you being so into this mskrd you a bad choices.

I could careless. does not matter to me. I may or may not be a good choice I dont care. i do like marvel male charcters. not sure what that has to do with two female charcters and i don;t care. I think your to opionated and to into this debate to be an objective judge, plus I think your a puts

what if I did think they were sexy? is there something wrong with that? You got something against homosexuals? Do you? I not sure why you need to know what I find sexy, it kinda creepy.
Are you ok dear? You seem to be stuttering all over your words. Basically, you should beware of the log in your own eye, while trying to point out a speck in mine. I'm much more objective about this fight than you are. I'd already given a very objective opinion on the fight before I knew there was to be a battle zone. had you taken the time to find that out, then we wouldn't be here trading barbs now would we? And it's ok if you like male marvel characters. Really. I like wonder woman a whole lot. Happy Dance We all have our secret fetishes. Mine is 6ft amazons. Yours just may be 5 ft 5 hairy men with knives for fingers.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2008 03:41 AM
Badabing
Karen

I'm about to close this thread, warn a few and ban others if people don't stop with the nonsense and bickering. The next time I have to respond to problems from this thread it's going to be bad for some people.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Nov 15th, 2008 03:45 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Are you ok dear? You seem to be stuttering all over your words. Basically, you should beware of the log in your own eye, while trying to point out a speck in mine. I'm much more objective about this fight than you are. I'd already given a very objective opinion on the fight before I knew there was to be a battle zone. had you taken the time to find that out, then we wouldn't be here trading barbs now would we? And it's ok if you like male marvel characters. Really. I like wonder woman a whole lot. Happy Dance We all have our secret fetishes. Mine is 6ft amazons. Yours just may be 5 ft 5 hairy men with knives for fingers.

you can't stutter if you are not talking.............

we all know you wack it to wonder woman thats no secret here.

oh and if my typing seems bad it due to the fact i only have one hand at the moment.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2008 03:46 AM
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

you can't stutter if you are not talking.............

we all know you wack it to wonder woman thats no secret here.

oh and if my typing seems bad it due to the fact i only have one hand at the moment.

Goodness. One hand at the moment. Stop being nasty.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2008 03:58 AM
Dum Dum Dugan

Goodness. One hand at the moment. Stop being nasty.

lol i had surgery to day on the other one lol

Old Post Nov 15th, 2008 04:18 AM