KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Computer Help Forum » Overall Lag when playing any online game.

Overall Lag when playing any online game.
Started by: zhouhai

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
zhouhai

Overall Lag when playing any online game.

Ok, when I play any computer games I own( Battlefield 2 & Everquest 2 to name the ones I've tried so far, loading vanguard to see if anything happens in this game also), there is a noticeable lag time, whenever I press a key to do something, it takes a good 1-2 seconds for that to happen.

In battlefield 2, someone recommended I run it in compatibility mode, so I put it to win xp, and set the resolution down to 1024 x 768, and that cut down on some of the lag, but not all of it.

My Specs:

Win Vista Home Premium
Compaq(HP)
AMD Athlon 64 x2 Duel Core Processor 4800+ 2.50 GHz
3 Gigs Ram
32 Bit OS
Service Pack 1
Vid Card: GForce 6150 SE nForce 430 (My Drivers are up today according to Nvidia)

Pref Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1200 px

Someone also recommended uninstalling my OS, then reinstalling it, but seeing as I just got this computer under a month ago, there is about 3-4 programs on it, so I have no clue what could be causing this lag. Any Tips/Tricks/Recommendations would be great to fix this problem. thx.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2008 05:32 AM
zhouhai is currently offline Click here to Send zhouhai a Private Message Find more posts by zhouhai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

don't know how to help you but your name reminded me of Dynasty Warriors.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Nov 15th, 2008 06:55 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Chances are likely that if you're coming across lag while playing online, it's something to do with your internet connection or the servers you're playing on.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Nov 15th, 2008 07:06 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Stop downloading pr0n.

I have to turn Limewire and torrent programs off before I can play otherwise I lag horribly.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2008 07:29 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

How fast are you internet connection?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2008 11:19 AM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Perhaps you have a slow internet connection.

To have maximum efficiency, you should at least have a 2MB internet connection.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Nov 15th, 2008 11:38 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

quote: (post)
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Perhaps you have a slow internet connection.

To have maximum efficiency, you should at least have a 2MB internet connection.

That really depends on where he lives, and 2MB would certainly not be the best choice if you'd want maximum efficiency, that'd be 100MB/sec, at least here in Sweden.

But this guy lives in China and Asia, or at least Japan is known to have superior overall internet connections, but in any game, any time, just about any server, they lagg a whole lot, why I have no idea.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2008 11:57 AM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

I doubt your PC specs have anything to do with lag on line. If the game performs fine when playing off line, then it should perform as well on line, considering you have a sufficiently fast internet connection. Try some tweaking guides. They helped me when I used to play games on line with my old connecton speed.

What is this I don't even

Old Post Nov 15th, 2008 02:03 PM
Kostabot is currently offline Click here to Send Kostabot a Private Message Find more posts by Kostabot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote