KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Revamped Superman Respect Thread!!!!

Revamped Superman Respect Thread!!!!
Started by: kgkg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
emporerpants

someone should post up supes owning the manchester black and the elite. pretty please.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2009 03:23 AM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ptr_Grifin
What?

I now respect Superman more for what he says in this scan.

(please log in to view the image)

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2009 05:38 AM
Ptr_Grifin is currently offline Click here to Send Ptr_Grifin a Private Message Find more posts by Ptr_Grifin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galvaclaw

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/9855/supesjlamx9.jpg

In this page we get official confirmation Superman is faster than light (rather than calculations) moon busting and proof that Superman can take advantage of relativity like the flash's infinite mass punch.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2009 08:48 AM
Galvaclaw is currently offline Click here to Send Galvaclaw a Private Message Find more posts by Galvaclaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skygunner41
I'll be back!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galvaclaw
http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/9855/supesjlamx9.jpg

In this page we get official confirmation Superman is faster than light (rather than calculations) moon busting and proof that Superman can take advantage of relativity like the flash's infinite mass punch.

Damn.What issue is this.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2009 10:23 AM
skygunner41 is currently offline Click here to Send skygunner41 a Private Message Find more posts by skygunner41 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bazrox

JLA #30. I should add that Superman's peak speed is determined by the writer, so while McDuffie may see Superman as capable of FTL, it's not quite consistent across the board.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2009 12:13 PM
Bazrox is currently offline Click here to Send Bazrox a Private Message Find more posts by Bazrox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cartesian Doubt
Cognito il Sum

Originally posted by batdude123
Granted, it wasn't just a simple planet moving feat. Starbreaker was pushing Earth out of orbit and they not only had to pull the weight of the earth back but they also had to pull against Starbreaker's force.

God knows how much more difficult that is than just "simply" moving a planet.

Not really, its Star Breaker doing all the hard work, he's the "moving" the planet out of orbit, Hal and Superman are just pulling its back to its orbital state of equilibrium. They therefore have gravity helping them.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2009 01:07 PM
Cartesian Doubt is currently offline Click here to Send Cartesian Doubt a Private Message Find more posts by Cartesian Doubt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cartesian Doubt
Cognito il Sum

Originally posted by Bazrox
JLA #30. I should add that Superman's peak speed is determined by the writer, so while McDuffie may see Superman as capable of FTL, it's not quite consistent across the board.

Its quite funny that in the same arc, Duffie stated that Dianna is faster in hand to hand combat as well.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2009 01:11 PM
Cartesian Doubt is currently offline Click here to Send Cartesian Doubt a Private Message Find more posts by Cartesian Doubt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vlaaad12345

Originally posted by Cartesian Doubt
Not really, its Star Breaker doing all the hard work, he's the "moving" the planet out of orbit, Hal and Superman are just pulling its back to its orbital state of equilibrium. They therefore have gravity helping them.

No not really because by the time they had got out there and started doing something it was already well out of orbit,they were pulling against a planet mover who while moving the planet could take on the justice league and the closer the planet got to the sun the stronger starbreaker gets,its a legit planet moving feat.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2009 02:12 PM
vlaaad12345 is currently offline Click here to Send vlaaad12345 a Private Message Find more posts by vlaaad12345 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skygunner41
I'll be back!

Its quite funny that in the same arc, Duffie stated that Dianna is faster in hand to hand combat as well.

It Mr. McDuffie .What can you say..

Old Post Feb 19th, 2009 02:36 PM
skygunner41 is currently offline Click here to Send skygunner41 a Private Message Find more posts by skygunner41 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Pretty good feat, but nothing to go crazy for. From feats, we already knew Supermn was FTL (though this does shut up some idiots who still didn't believe it). Nice to know Superman can use IMP's aswell, and destroying a moon coming at that speed (who's up for some calculations ?) is impressive, but getting knocked down in the process is stupid.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Feb 19th, 2009 02:46 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Philosophía
and destroying a moon coming at that speed (who's up for some calculations ?) is impressive, but getting knocked down in the process is stupid.
Because Supes wasn't moving at c (meaning he hadn't reached 'infinite mass') I think it makes sense that he would be knocked down. Now had Supes reached 'infinite mass' it would've been absolutely ridiculous if he would have been knocked down, rather than pass right through it.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 19th, 2009 03:44 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Originally posted by Galan007
Because Supes wasn't moving at c (meaning he hadn't reached 'infinite mass') I think it makes sense that he would be knocked down.

Why?

Old Post Feb 19th, 2009 04:22 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Because the expolsion would have a greater effect on a mass < infinite. See, the getting knocked back thing I can deal with/understand. But Supes getting KO'd? That's.... Meh..

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 19th, 2009 04:37 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

I do agree that if he would have achieved infinite mass, then him being knocked down would be illogical, I just read your statement as meaning that unless Supes achieved that level, there's nothing wrong with him being knocked down (which I disagree, since he has survived worse).

Funny how Superman can achieve infinite mass and >lightspeed when he doesn't have any plot-device powers like speed force/energy control, especially since it is made quite clear that the theory of relativity applies to him aswell.

Last edited by Philosophía on Feb 19th, 2009 at 05:18 PM

Old Post Feb 19th, 2009 05:13 PM
skygunner41
I'll be back!

I do agree that if he would have achieved infinite mass, then him being knocked down would be illogical, I just read your statement as meaning that unless Supes achieved that level, there's nothing wrong with him being knocked down (which I disagree, since he has survived worse).

Funny how Superman can achieve infinite mass and >lightspeed when he doesn't have any plot-device powers like speed force/energy control, especially since it is made quite clear that the theory of relativity applies to him aswell.

Maybe because darksied theory on supes fold space and time around him when he fly,moves > light .

Old Post Feb 19th, 2009 05:19 PM
Eel O'Brien

But, if he was folding space/time then he wouldn't be affected by relativistic effects.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2009 05:31 PM
Eel O'Brien is currently offline Click here to Send Eel O'Brien a Private Message Find more posts by Eel O'Brien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galvaclaw

Thats not how gravity works. They're pulling the Earth way from the sun so gravity and starbreaker is working against them.

As for been knocked out. The moon was made of dark energy rather than solid rock so the release of energy would be much greater than a normal moon exploding.

Assuming dark energy has the same physical properties as normal energy the resulting explosion would be 6.57 x 10^39 joules. Which is way above planet busting but below a supernova.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2009 05:32 PM
Galvaclaw is currently offline Click here to Send Galvaclaw a Private Message Find more posts by Galvaclaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skygunner41
I'll be back!

Thats not how gravity works. They're pulling the Earth way from the sun so gravity and starbreaker is working against them.

As for been knocked out. The moon was made of dark energy rather than solid rock so the release of energy would be much greater than a normal moon exploding.

Assuming dark energy has the same physical properties as normal energy the resulting explosion would be 6.57 x 10^39 joules. Which is way above planet busting but below a supernova.

It make sense.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2009 05:55 PM
Cartesian Doubt
Cognito il Sum

Actually it doesn't really matter in which direction you try and pull the Earth, once its in orbit it stays there. This is because when in Orbit the planet is revolving in a 4 Dimensional "trench". Getting the planet out of the trench is the hard bit, once out; the power needed to move the planet decreases immensely. In other words the Star breaker is pulling the planet out of the 4D trench, Superman and Hal are using the potential energy of the "trench", as well as their own power to restore it.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2009 06:07 PM
Cartesian Doubt
Cognito il Sum

This is comic book science at its worst. Stating that Superman can reach F.T.L's speeds and then making reference to the Einsteins mass speed increase is a blatant contradiction. Its like asserting that all Swans are white, and then pointing to a black Swan. The whole point in the interchangeability of mass and energy, and the increase of mass with speed is that it makes F.T.L. speeds impossible. You can't assert that Superman can travel than faster than light, and in the next panel indirectly show that this is impossible. Its just plain retarded.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2009 06:21 PM