KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » How many skyfathers can Galactus beat?

How many skyfathers can Galactus beat?
Started by: UKR

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Utrigita
I have no idea on how he moved from well fed to Low on Power, all I can say is that perhaps Thanos assesment wasn't entirely correct based on the sudden drop in power Because somehow based on Galactus previous showings I find it hard to believe that he went from Well fed to Starving by destroying Thanos forcefields. Annihilation Six where Galactus badly weakened destroyed a watcher, last time I checked a Watcher was above Skyfather...

untrue, imo. watchers have deferred to odin and been seen as equal. likewise, odin and dormammu have been treated as equals, and mephisto has been shown to actually be afraid of odin . . .

all that is NOT to say that odin doesn't have low feats--he clearly does. lots of them . . . i wouldn't use 'mutli-verse shaking odin' in this thread anymore than i would universe devouring galactus, or 'full-power' galactus. all's i'm saying is that going by their most often portrayals, odin would give galactus a hell of a battle. erm

quote:
I just find it strange that you are asking for a feat for Galactus destroying a Galaxy on his own when the Celestials have failed to done that too... I can however provide a Scan of Galactus teleporting a Galaxy...

i'm actually not asking for anything from you, u. i'm very well acquainted with all characters being discussed here. smile

quote:
Few and very far between. Can you mention a low feat for them beside the obvious with Sue? And the average Skyfather is what to be exact at Odin's level? Ore at Zeus level when he couldn't defeat Zuras? [/B]

as for average skfather--that's a bit more difficult to determine. is odin TRULY the most powerful?

i've never SEEN that stated and the fact that set has challenged him and so has perrikus's people would lead me to think that if he IS more powerful than the standard, it's not by much. erm

as for low showings for celestials: didn't 2 of them prove unable to defeat ego at some point? i'm sure there are others that i'm forgetting aside from those already mentioned.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 11:29 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

I think the Big G is getting the short end of the stick here. I mean granted, that Galactus has portrayed quite a few times as being hungry and hence not as powerful as he should be, but that shouldnt be the default version of him used in debates. From all indications and references as far as the cosmic hierachy ladder goes, the Big G is a character that is quite a few steps above skyfather level characters when well fed.

All thanks goes to starlock.
"Beware trolls, know me and know fear"

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 11:41 PM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Originally posted by leonidas
untrue, imo. watchers have deferred to odin and been seen as equal. likewise, odin and dormammu have been treated as equals, and mephisto has been shown to actually be afraid of odin . . .

The day the Celestials begin to regard the Skyfathers as equal and Kubik comments that the skyfathers are above him let me know. the same Mephisto that at one point of time trapped Odin for three years?

all that is NOT to say that odin doesn't have low feats--he clearly does. lots of them . . . i wouldn't use 'mutli-verse shaking odin' in this thread anymore than i would universe devouring galactus, or 'full-power' galactus. all's i'm saying is that going by their most often portrayals, odin would give galactus a hell of a battle. erm

Because they are being used in two entirely different situations, Odin isn't used as the menace from which Earth most protect themselves against quiet the contrary he is the one that saves earth, he is (if I may be so blunt) destined to win, Galactus being turned into a Villian and taken down from the position Kirby intended for him, is however destined to lose.

i'm actually not asking for anything from you, u. i'm very well acquainted with all characters being discussed here. smile

Okay, I just still find it a strange request.

as for average skfather--that's a bit more difficult to determine. is odin TRULY the most powerful?

He is certainly the one being shown most and the one that has shown the greatest level of power from my point of view.

Agreed, but that doesn't per say means that all the other skyfathers are operating on the same level as he is

i've never SEEN that stated and the fact that set has challenged him and so has perrikus's people would lead me to think that if he IS more powerful than the standard, it's not by much. erm

Just because you are the most powerful it doesn't mean that people wouldn't challenge you...

as for low showings for celestials: didn't 2 of them prove unable to defeat ego at some point? i'm sure there are others that i'm forgetting aside from those already mentioned.

Are you calling a Stalemate Against Ego in a alternate universe a bad Showing? Then I guess that the Celestials being defeated in Earth X was a bad showing too?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 11:42 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by ultimatethor
I think the Big G is getting the short end of the stick here. I mean granted, that Galactus has portrayed quite a few times as being hungry and hence not as powerful as he should be, but that shouldnt be the default version of him used in debates. From all indications and references as far as the cosmic hierachy ladder goes, the Big G is a character that is quite a few steps above skyfather level characters when well fed.

you're confusing position and power. galactus has been shown to be integral to the universe. his 'station' is clearly much greater than odin's. that doesn't mean (by necessity) that galactus>odin.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 11:52 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UKR
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thanos isn't that weak. He is above herald level, after all, though not skyfather class. I think that if Thanos put all his power into his very best shot and hit a very hungry Galactus with it then it would certainly be enough to send Big G flying.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 11:54 PM
UKR is currently offline Click here to Send UKR a Private Message Find more posts by UKR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

you're confusing position and power. galactus has been shown to be integral to the universe. his 'station' is clearly much greater than odin's. that doesn't mean (by necessity) that galactus>odin.

Not really. Im using references from beings like Eternity that are directly concerning his power and instances like the Celestials incident where skyfathers were portrayed at a far lower powerlevel on the hierachy.

P.S- For that thanos incident, it might have been a low feat but the Big G did have him begging for his life ( even after he activated all his shields) in one hit. Technically ( Save the thanos blasting him part) he delt with thanos much easier than Odin.

Last edited by Naija boy on Nov 17th, 2008 at 12:03 AM

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 11:58 PM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

[B]The day the Celestials begin to regard the Skyfathers as equal and Kubik comments that the skyfathers are above him let me know. the same Mephisto that at one point of time trapped Odin for three years?

see above. wink

quote:
Because they are being used in two entirely different situations, Odin isn't used as the menace from which Earth most protect themselves against quiet the contrary he is the one that saves earth, he is (if I may be so blunt) destined to win, Galactus being turned into a Villian and taken down from the position Kirby intended for him, is however destined to lose.

i've no idea what you're talking about.

quote:
Okay, I just still find it a strange request.

s'ok. i find it strange you find my reguest strange when i didn't request anything . . .

quote:
Agreed, but that doesn't per say means that all the other skyfathers are operating on the same level as he is

i think i said that . . .

quote:
Just because you are the most powerful it doesn't mean that people wouldn't challenge you...

er, ok . . .? confused

quote:
Are you calling a Stalemate Against Ego in a alternate universe a bad Showing? Then I guess that the Celestials being defeated in Earth X was a bad showing too?

yeah i'm calling BOTH of those a low showing (like i'd call galactus being forced to dodge high evolutionary's attack--for fear of being devolved) a low showing for him. but what's more, i'm calling those showings irrelevent. actually didn't realize that ego was alternate or i wouldn't have brought it up. (hell, an alternate ego was ripped in half by GLADIATOR!) anything in earth x is irrelevent to me, as is all the other alternate stuff which could both be good AND bad for galactus.

bottom line is simple, imho--as general portrayals go, galactus is NOT usually depicted (through feats) to be very far (if at all) above skyfathers. his station is substantially higher, but station does NOT equate to power necessarily, and as general portrayals go, imo, celestials>galactus.

you are clearly entitled to feel otherwise. just based on historical portrayals and accumulated feats, i don't know how you can.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 12:02 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Not really. Im using references from beings like Eternity that are directly concerning his power.

really? wanna share some of those references? most deal with his station in the hierarchy. i'd love to see one of these references of yours that discusses his power in the manner you mean.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 12:03 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by UKR
Thanos isn't that weak. He is above herald level, after all, though not skyfather class. I think that if Thanos put all his power into his very best shot and hit a very hungry Galactus with it then it would certainly be enough to send Big G flying.

cool. now all's you gotta do is prove it was a 'very hungry galactus' he sent flying. smile

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 12:04 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

( Save the thanos blasting him part) he delt with thanos much easier than Odin.

that much is true--at least he dealt with him quicker. but that's ABC logic and needs to be taken as such. and again--i'm not saying odin>galactus. i'm saying that based on all the accumulated evidence between the 2, galactus (as we usually see him) would not have an easy time disposing of odin. at all.

you feel different, i'm cool with that. smile

and just out of curiosity, who's the most powerful being galactus has convincingly defeated 1on1? anyone?

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 12:08 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

holy quitruple posts bada!! eek!

big grin

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 12:09 AM
Utrigita

see above. wink

See what above?

i've no idea what you're talking about.

Are Odin and Galactus not being used in two entirely different situations when a comic is concerning the possible destruction of earth? Odin is the valiant defender, Galactus is the Evil Destroyer...

s'ok. i find it strange you find my reguest strange when i didn't request anything . . .

If I recall correctly you on the previous page asked mindship to show you a incident of Galactus destroying a Galaxy with the reference that Surtur had performed that.

i think i said that . . .

You say he is the one that has shown most, but from my point of view not saying whether ore not he can be used as a way to judge the others.

er, ok . . .? confused

Galactus is more Powerful then Thanos? Agreed? Good. Thanos deliberately challenged Galactus in the previous mentioned encounter. The Fantastic four has challenged Galactus etc, Comics are filled with beings that challenges those that are above them.

yeah i'm calling BOTH of those a low showing (like i'd call galactus being forced to dodge high evolutionary's attack--for fear of being devolved) a low showing for him. but what's more, i'm calling those showings irrelevent. actually didn't realize that ego was alternate or i wouldn't have brought it up. (hell, an alternate ego was ripped in half by GLADIATOR!) anything in earth x is irrelevent to me, as is all the other alternate stuff which could both be good AND bad for galactus.

You call avoiding a attack a low showing?

bottom line is simple, imho--as general portrayals go, galactus is NOT usually depicted (through feats) to be very far (if at all) above skyfathers. his station is substantially higher, but station does NOT equate to power necessarily, and as general portrayals go, imo, celestials>galactus.

Fine Bottom Line I disagree the only Skyfather that we have a idea concerning the powerlevel of is Odin the rest is a big pile of undefined skyfathers, all with the same mentioned in their bio on marvel Appendix that they have the same power as Odin even though they have no feats to solidate that claim. His Station is combined with his powerlevel as shown when he goes to the Living Tribunal to cancel the restrictions on the gems. Imo Galactus > Celestial

you are clearly entitled to feel otherwise. just based on historical portrayals and accumulated feats, i don't know how you can.

I would say the same to you. But we are each entitled to oure own opinion.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 12:24 AM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

See what above?

station v power post.

quote:
Are Odin and Galactus not being used in two entirely different situations when a comic is concerning the possible destruction of earth? Odin is the valiant defender, Galactus is the Evil Destroyer...

blink

g is shown as 'good' as often as not. and when has odin saved earth? confused

you seem to be saying that they are close because odin is the . . . good guy? confused

quote:
If I recall correctly you on the previous page asked mindship to show you a incident of Galactus destroying a Galaxy with the reference that Surtur had performed that.

i mentioned it. don't think i requested a similar feat. pointmess anyway. it was to show that skyfathers (aside from odin) have destroyed galaxies.

quote:
You say he is the one that has shown most, but from my point of view not saying whether ore not he can be used as a way to judge the others.

so if by your own admission you can't judge the levels of others, how can you (if not you, others) claim g can beat multiples of skyfathers? it would be a rare galactus who could take out multiples of odin, that is for certain.

quote:
Galactus is more Powerful then Thanos? Agreed? Good. Thanos deliberately challenged Galactus in the previous mentioned encounter. The Fantastic four has challenged Galactus etc, Comics are filled with beings that challenges those that are above them.

blink

quote:
You call avoiding a attack a low showing?

when he is forced to dodge an attack from someone of HE's status as opposed to being able to shrug it off? absolutely . . .

quote:
Fine Bottom Line I disagree the only Skyfather that we have a idea concerning the powerlevel of is Odin the rest is a big pile of undefined skyfathers,

cool. then it's pointless to ask how many skyfathers he could beat. i'd say ONE odin would challenge him. him beating multiple odins would be extremely rare and i don't think i've seen an on-panel g (except MAYBE the one that was abttling tyrant . . .) who could do that . . .

quote:
Imo Galactus > Celestial

fair enuff. wink

oh--can't recall if it was you or not who mentioned mephisto 'imprisoning' odin . . . this is EXACTLY how false info is spread on the forum. mephisto did indeed imprison odin's soul. some context would help though.

he was ONLY ABLE TO DO SO BECAUSE ODIN WAS IN THE ODINSLEEP. no expression stealing the soul of someone who is sleeping is NOT much of a feat--nor is it a low showing . . .

when odin was freed, mephisto was frightened of him and what he might do to him . . .

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 01:27 AM
Naija boy

really? wanna share some of those references? most deal with his station in the hierarchy. i'd love to see one of these references of yours that discusses his power in the manner you mean.

Well Eternity has referred to him as an equal when fully powered( not to sure what that is but.... meh) and the magus with the ig also noted that he was too powerful a foe to be left alive.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 01:59 AM
Naija boy

that much is true--at least he dealt with him quicker. but that's ABC logic and needs to be taken as such. and again--i'm not saying odin>galactus. i'm saying that based on all the accumulated evidence between the 2, galactus (as we usually see him) would not have an easy time disposing of odin. at all.

you feel different, i'm cool with that. smile

and just out of curiosity, who's the most powerful being galactus has convincingly defeated 1on1? anyone?

Im not trying to use that feat in itself to say Galactus >> that odin by alot( which i believe he is). I only brought it up because Galactus low feat against thanos was being used to downplay his powerlevels. Hence if we were even to use thanos as a gauge ( which im not doing) Galactus would do much better than Odin.

And as for the most powerful person that G has defeated convincingly, he did kill a watcher(skyfather level or higher imo) while weakened with one blast.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 02:06 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Im not trying to use that feat in itself to say Galactus >> that odin by alot( which i believe he is). I only brought it up because Galactus low feat against thanos was being used to downplay his powerlevels. Hence if we were even to use thanos as a gauge ( which im not doing) Galactus would do much better than Odin.

And as for the most powerful person that G has defeated convincingly, he did kill a watcher(skyfather level or higher imo) while weakened with one blast.

which issue did the watcher thing happen? don't know if i've heard of that one. surfer ALSO showed power to beat a watcher though, and quasar has stalemated and bested a watcher so watchers are an inconsistent gauge to say the least. erm

i wasn't using thanos to 'downplay' g, but rather to point out his varying levels. this debate has gone on for pgs well beyond this thread and it's very hard to come up with a definitive argument 'proving' that galactus is noteably more powerful than odin let alone multiples of odin. i'll agree that g's station far exceeds odin and i'll say that if properly prepared and nourished that g WOULD defeat odin easily. however, this thread does NOT state this is a hypothetically 'full powered' g, so i assume this is meant to be the more classically illustrated galactus. THAT galactus is rarely shown to be convincingly more powerful than other 'great powers'. which is why i asked who he has beaten of consequence in a straight 1on1 encounter. historically, feat-wise, galactus is NOT definitively above odin--or at least they are close enough that this particular battle is no where near as clear cut as some are saying it is.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 02:24 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Random things I saw.

Galactus was certainly not hungry in the Thanos exchange, but the part about G's energy being depleted was complete pis. He's thrown more powerful attacks tons of times in fights when he was starving, and actually had fights while throwing these attacks. The In-Betweener fight is a great example of this, as G was starving before going into a coma, woke up, and immediately fought IB for twenty or so pages while throwing big attacks. Following the Thanos example... G would have probably been dead in the first couple of panels.

Having to dodge an attack with a specific purpose has no say on power. It was meant to devolve him, should we expect Galactus to take the risk?

Meph vs Galactus was quite honestly Meph's best feat (beside ret-conning like 20 years of comics), even taking into account it being in his own realm. Sure you could make mention of Meph holding back to protect souls, but Meph has never had a repeat performance, or even close in his appearances.

Surtur isn't an Skyfather (Skyfathers are a pantheons of different Gods only in Marvel). Surtur is an equal to Odin, and with the Sword of Twilight (which is the only time he's destroyed galaxies if I remember correctly), he is far above Odin.

And beating and vaporizing a Watcher in one shot are completely different.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 02:56 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

which issue did the watcher thing happen? don't know if i've heard of that one. surfer ALSO showed power to beat a watcher though, and quasar has stalemated and bested a watcher so watchers are an inconsistent gauge to say the least. erm

i wasn't using thanos to 'downplay' g, but rather to point out his varying levels. this debate has gone on for pgs well beyond this thread and it's very hard to come up with a definitive argument 'proving' that galactus is noteably more powerful than odin let alone multiples of odin. i'll agree that g's station far exceeds odin and i'll say that if properly prepared and nourished that g WOULD defeat odin easily. however, this thread does NOT state this is a hypothetically 'full powered' g, so i assume this is meant to be the more classically illustrated galactus. THAT galactus is rarely shown to be convincingly more powerful than other 'great powers'. which is why i asked who he has beaten of consequence in a straight 1on1 encounter. historically, feat-wise, galactus is NOT definitively above odin--or at least they are close enough that this particular battle is no where near as clear cut as some are saying it is.

Well i havent seen the quasar watcher thing( what issue?) but the only time that surfer beat a watcher was in the unilord saga and he was amped and he was facing a watcher with some sort of disease so i doubt he was as strong as regular watchers. Not only that Surfer didnt really beat him but rather just jacked him up and threatened him.

Galactus also was able to beat Hyperstorm quite convincingly and also FP tyrant. Then there is him stalemating Inbetweener( it was a stalemate but IB i believe is way way above any skyfather) And yeah the watcher thing happened in Annihilation 6.

As for the rest part, I believe that featwise galactus IS definitively above Odin considerably. He has been portrayed alot of the times as hungry and thats when a lot of his low feats have come. However i dont think that is the default galactus for threads.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 03:37 AM
Power Cosmic II
BigG > Mad Celestial Host

As for the rest part, I believe that featwise galactus IS definitively above Odin considerably. He has been portrayed alot of the times as hungry and thats when a lot of his low feats have come. However i dont think that is the default galactus for threads.

QFT. The "standard" Galactus that so many people invoke on the forums, which is the galactus replete with low showings and defeat at the hands of the FF, etc. is not the same as the "standard" Galactus for the purposes of debate.

"Standard" Galactus that gets continuously referenced (the thing incident, getting beaten by the FF, other low showings) are generally written into the story with the extremely easy device of having him be hungry.

Now that may seem like a cop out but the bottom line is that in the interest of creating interesting stories and compelling drama, you cannot have Galactus and characters like the FF interact without severely handicapping Galactus, which happens to be his hunger. That is why when we debate here, we remove his hunger, and assume he is well-fed, or moderately fed.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 05:55 AM
Power Cosmic II is currently offline Click here to Send Power Cosmic II a Private Message Find more posts by Power Cosmic II Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

The difference between Odin and Galactus:

Thanos vs Odin:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...;postid=4512666

As you see, Thanos isn't fresh, but he's ready for more. Odin is bloodlusted in this fight, really pissed off, damaging Asgard while trying damage the face of Thanos.

Now. Thanos vs Galactus:
http://img94.imageshack.us/my.php?i...alactus48na.jpg

In this arc, Galactus sucks. But he have OWNED (It's the least that can be said...) Thanos. Galactus one-shotted Thanos, pierce ALL his shield (The shields held Champion with the PG away) in the process.

And just not forget that Galactus seems to have re-gained some RESPECT since Annhilation. He would ownz Odin and the Dread Destroyer, Surtur and Ymir and all ****in' Asgard.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 07:24 AM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote