KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » How many skyfathers can Galactus beat?

How many skyfathers can Galactus beat?
Started by: UKR

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
UKR
Restricted

Account Restricted

In Odin's respect thread it shows that he beats Mephisto in Hell...without the Odinforce and while no longer king of Asgard. Going by some showings, one could say that Odin is actually a true cosmic force. I've already noted before that in the Silver Age, Thor compared Odin's power to Galactus'. I think there may be other instances where the Allfather has these kinds of showings. Going by them, one may be able to say that Odin could beat Big G single-handedly. After all, gods in Marvel have been powered down over the years so in earlier times they may have been on Galactus' level or at least on a significant link of the cosmic food chain.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 07:36 AM
UKR is currently offline Click here to Send UKR a Private Message Find more posts by UKR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by UKR
In Odin's respect thread it shows that he beats Mephisto in Hell...without the Odinforce and while no longer king of Asgard. Going by some showings, one could say that Odin is actually a true cosmic force. I've already noted before that in the Silver Age, Thor compared Odin's power to Galactus'. I think there may be other instances where the Allfather has these kinds of showings. Going by them, one may be able to say that Odin could beat Big G single-handedly. After all, gods in Marvel have been powered down over the years so in earlier times they may have been on Galactus' level or at least on a significant link of the cosmic food chain.

To put it bluntly, Thor has no idea what he is talking about stick out tongue

But yeah gods in marvel were depowered from there Silver age days and maybe once were intended to be put on Big Gs level of power, but i think those days are long gone and that galactus is quite a few steps above them nowadays.

All thanks goes to starlock.
"Beware trolls, know me and know fear"

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 07:43 AM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Originally posted by leonidas
station v power post.

Even though that in the comic Kubik refered to them as the greater powers that Kosmos and himself shouldn't challenge?

blink

g is shown as 'good' as often as not. and when has odin saved earth? confused

you seem to be saying that they are close because odin is the . . . good guy? confused

I remember Odin Moving Earths population from what I cannot remember

All I'm pointing out is that Odin will not have the record of being defeated by the Fantastic four because that his role concerning earth is entirely different.

i mentioned it. don't think i requested a similar feat. pointmess anyway. it was to show that skyfathers (aside from odin) have destroyed galaxies.

Surtur to be more preciese with the Twilight Sword I would regard as being above Odin since Odin has never on panel alone destroyed a Galaxy.

so if by your own admission you can't judge the levels of others, how can you (if not you, others) claim g can beat multiples of skyfathers? it would be a rare galactus who could take out multiples of odin, that is for certain.

I have already one page one given my analyse of the battle, if we take Odin Zeus and Vishnu's showing against Arishem as the maximum Damage they can produce combined, Galactus should have no problem with defeating them and numerous other skyfathers, however if all others are as Odin then 2-5 and up depending on Galactus powerlevel would defeat him.

when he is forced to dodge an attack from someone of HE's status as opposed to being able to shrug it off? absolutely . . .

He wasn't forced to dodge it he choosed to dodge it... And HE is regarded by Kubik on the same level as Stranger as the new of the ascended.

cool. then it's pointless to ask how many skyfathers he could beat. i'd say ONE odin would challenge him. him beating multiple odins would be extremely rare and i don't think i've seen an on-panel g (except MAYBE the one that was abttling tyrant . . .) who could do that . . .

And I will say that based on the showing that three skyfathers had against Arishem they cannot challenge Galactus. I would say the one that Defeated Diableri could do it too, the one that without taking the battle with Agamotto serious and still having a stalemate could do it.

fair enuff. wink

oh--can't recall if it was you or not who mentioned mephisto 'imprisoning' odin . . . this is EXACTLY how false info is spread on the forum. mephisto did indeed imprison odin's soul. some context would help though.

he was ONLY ABLE TO DO SO BECAUSE ODIN WAS IN THE ODINSLEEP. no expression stealing the soul of someone who is sleeping is NOT much of a feat--nor is it a low showing . . .

when odin was freed, mephisto was frightened of him and what he might do to him . . .

Yet he still held him for three years ore did Odin sleep for all that time?

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 10:44 AM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Attack on leonidas day?

Are we talking about Hungry Galactus well if we go by average showing he is often shown Hungry.

By reading the OP's post he seems to be talking about at least a well Fed Galactus hence the Celestials reference wink

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 04:18 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Red Hulk
Random things I saw.

Galactus was certainly not hungry in the Thanos exchange, but the part about G's energy being depleted was complete pis. He's thrown more powerful attacks tons of times in fights when he was starving, and actually had fights while throwing these attacks. The In-Betweener fight is a great example of this, as G was starving before going into a coma, woke up, and immediately fought IB for twenty or so pages while throwing big attacks. Following the Thanos example... G would have probably been dead in the first couple of panels.

pis is attributed to galactus A LOT. part of my point regarding his varying levels of power . . .

quote:
Having to dodge an attack with a specific purpose has no say on power. It was meant to devolve him, should we expect Galactus to take the risk?

if he's as great as everyone is saying, what's the risk? HE is an evolved human. g is much, much more. personally, i found it funny. take it however you'd like. as for his being equal to stranger . . . i'd like to see this hierarchy that kibik takes us through again. i know it's in an FF annual somewhere, and i have it, but i've not looked at it in quite some time . . .

quote:
Meph vs Galactus was quite honestly Meph's best feat (beside ret-conning like 20 years of comics), even taking into account it being in his own realm. Sure you could make mention of Meph holding back to protect souls, but Meph has never had a repeat performance, or even close in his appearances.

he's on the same level as someone like dormammu. both are lords of splinter realms. that is NOT a low level to be placed upon . . .

quote:
Surtur isn't an Skyfather (Skyfathers are a pantheons of different Gods only in Marvel). Surtur is an equal to Odin, and with the Sword of Twilight (which is the only time he's destroyed galaxies if I remember correctly), he is far above Odin.

you COULD say all that. you'd be wrong, but you could say it. skyfather (as used in this discussion) is not a station, it's a power designation. surtur (with twilight) is a skyfather level being. you've helped me considerably though with your error. here's some more misinformation i'll correct--

surtur destroyed a galaxy to BUILD THE FORGE TO CREATE TWILIGHT. he never had twilight when he showed galaxy-destroying power, nor is surtur, without the sword, equal to odin. WITH THE SWORD he's about equal. when surtur used the sword the first time, he stalemated odin and his brothers who eventually broke the sword. the sword the second time prevented odin from fully ACCESSING his odin-power. once odin DID regain his full power, he again matched surtur with the sword.

quote:
And beating and vaporizing a Watcher in one shot are completely different. [/B]

i'd love to see that scan. vaporizing a healthy watcher in one blast IS impressive--likely g's single most impressive feat.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 08:53 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by ultimatethor
Well i havent seen the quasar watcher thing( what issue?) but the only time that surfer beat a watcher was in the unilord saga and he was amped and he was facing a watcher with some sort of disease so i doubt he was as strong as regular watchers. Not only that Surfer didnt really beat him but rather just jacked him up and threatened him.

true, but it was clear via inference who was the greater powers. but i concede your point. smile

quote:
Galactus also was able to beat Hyperstorm quite convincingly and also FP tyrant. Then there is him stalemating Inbetweener( it was a stalemate but IB i believe is way way above any skyfather) And yeah the watcher thing happened in Annihilation 6.

inbetweener is a tough gauge. strange has--without prep--stalemated him for a prolonged time. thanos seemed able to match (or at least approach) his energy output at one time . . . he's had some inconsistent showings as well. i'd still like to see the watcher scan. may need to look that one up.

quote:
As for the rest part, I believe that featwise galactus IS definitively above Odin considerably. He has been portrayed alot of the times as hungry and thats when a lot of his low feats have come. However i dont think that is the default galactus for threads.

i still don't see the feats that put him definitively above odin. odin's battle with set shook the MULTIVERSE. g's battle with tyrant (their COMBINED energy output) destroyed galaxies. surtur alone--without the sword--destroyed a galaxy and he is LESS than odin . . .

we have kubik's hierarchy and one showing vs celestials that everyone harps on. the hierarchy is fine, but hardly 'law' and the one showing vs the celestials could be written off as PIS as easily as some of g's showings could be. if i factored in some of odin's older showings the difference becomes even smaller.

but it's your opinion and you're welcome to it. i just think the thread was getting ridiculous and that the power of s skyfather was being mis-represented in this thread--badly. smile

Last edited by leonidas on Nov 17th, 2008 at 09:07 PM

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 09:01 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by kgkg
Attack on leonidas day?

Are we talking about Hungry Galactus well if we go by average showing he is often shown Hungry.

By reading the OP's post he seems to be talking about at least a well Fed Galactus hence the Celestials reference wink

laughing out loud

reminds me of the days you and cc and lp used to try ganging up on me . . . .

with about the same effectiveness. stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 09:01 PM
DarkOdin

surtur destroyed a galaxy to BUILD THE FORGE TO CREATE TWILIGHT. he never had twilight when he showed galaxy-destroying power, nor is surtur, without the sword, equal to odin. WITH THE SWORD he's about equal. when surtur used the sword the first time, he stalemated odin and his brothers who eventually broke the sword. the sword the second time prevented odin from fully ACCESSING his odin-power. once odin DID regain his full power, he again matched surtur with the sword.

Just to add to what was said Odin didn't have his power "Odinforce until after the battle with surtar. So 3 asgaurdians were able to defeat him.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 09:03 PM
DarkOdin is currently offline Click here to Send DarkOdin a Private Message Find more posts by DarkOdin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Re: How many skyfathers can Galactus beat?

Originally posted by UKR
I nod to Hewhoknowsall. From what I read in that thread, ppl believe Galactus can beat three or four regular Celestials. A single average Celestial made three skyfathers look like insects. I doubt that the difference in power between skyfathers and Galactus is nearly THAT severe, but people in general seem to believe that Odin and skyfathers are definitely weaker than Galactus. How many can a sated Galactus beat before they take him down?

It depends:

Is he hungry, well fed or Full Power?

Does he have Tech?

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2008 10:46 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote