KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Dr. Strange vs Odin

Dr. Strange vs Odin
Started by: Endrict Nuul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
zopzop
The Weeknd

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Uriel005
So by that logic Odin beats TOAA.... kk got you.

Fail more! Because being more powerful than Dormammu makes you more powerful than TOAA? Nice.

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2011 05:43 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

classic strange at his best is near abstract level (if not abstract level).

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Apr 8th, 2011 05:55 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Uriel005

Originally posted by zopzop
Fail more! Because being more powerful than Dormammu makes you more powerful than TOAA? Nice.
No but according to you Odin has more on panel feats...

Old Post Apr 8th, 2011 06:02 AM
Uriel005 is currently offline Click here to Send Uriel005 a Private Message Find more posts by Uriel005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
LP: What if he just jacks Odin's power like he did Arioch or Shuma?
I guess it's possible. Odin considers Dormammu (I don't and neither does Dorm. Feat wise, Odin is inferior in every way sans wisdom ). They stalemated in a fight over (i think) control of Asgard. It was an abstract fight that even Thor's mind was too small to comprehend so all he saw was a chess match. And Strange HAS taken Dorm's power, so you have a point. Me, I KNOW Strange can steal his power, but can he withstand the insane barrage of uber fastballing at him while he's stealing it? I doubt it. With prep, it's a diff story.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Apr 8th, 2011 06:37 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

How powerful was Arioch in comparison to Odin? He jacked him in a snap.

Regarding Shuma; Strange said his aura pressure alone, when he was encompassing Shuma-Gorath's power, would annihilate galaxies.

And The Vishanti themselves have directly stated they will not fight Shuma-Gorath.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2011 06:54 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Odin and Dorm being called equals wasn't just that once. Odin said it years later, so did Thor and Joki. They're equal. That's fact. Nothing to argue fact wise. Opinion wise, Odin's feats aren't that good. It's laughable to say Dorm would have any trouble at all with friggin weak ass Thanos of all people. I'll say it again, Absorbing Man did way better against Odin than Thanos. I think Surfer could do very good (Better than Thanot) if not stalemate Odin for a while if it wasn't for his superman level weakness (he nearly died when a normal guy stabbed him with an enchanted dagger) to magic. Which is the only reason Odin hurt him so bad with one blast.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Apr 8th, 2011 06:59 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Arioch was a god of chaos. He didn't have a form, he did that just to humiliate Strange. He was an abstract who was stated to be omnipotent with limitless power. His power was stated to be whatever he wanted it to be. He was SG's bodyguard, which normally bodyguards are more powerful than those they guard. That may be the case with him because his power was what allowed Strange to beat SG. So yeah, he's stated as way above odin.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Apr 8th, 2011 07:49 AM
Uriel005

zop just thinks that on panel is the only way to go. generally i agree but when you get that far up you need to take it on a little faith when a writer says something really kind of out there because to put it on panel is a little beyond imagination IMO and if you have a galaxy buster via mere presence because reality can't handle it like Shuma how exactly do you portray the scale of power it takes to do something like that. Every god level would be invader of the universe generally has a scaled down power level because otherwise you pretty much end the universe on the spot and as such when they do invade you kind of have to take it on faith that they are as powerful as the writer says they are because there really is no other feasible context that would explain them in terms of in universe comic physics without destroying the universe.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2011 07:55 AM
Uriel005 is currently offline Click here to Send Uriel005 a Private Message Find more posts by Uriel005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

I.....agree. Still, feats are feats. waddaya want from me?

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Apr 8th, 2011 02:57 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi

The Strange wankery and reached new levels... He has ZERO chance against Odin on this forum. Sure in a comic he'll get an amp from an OUTSIDE source or use prep or just HAVE TO save the day being the hero of the comic.. but on the forum.. the get shit stomped with ease. Strange is no match for Thanos.. let alone Odin.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2011 03:44 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SasuOna

Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
The Strange wankery and reached new levels... He has ZERO chance against Odin on this forum. Sure in a comic he'll get an amp from an OUTSIDE source or use prep or just HAVE TO save the day being the hero of the comic.. but on the forum.. the get shit stomped with ease. Strange is no match for Thanos.. let alone Odin.

You keep crying about Thanos not being able to beat Strange when everyone else agreed that Strange would stomp him but now you think the person who actually lost to Thanos would stomp Strange.........LOL you are just so backwards

Also in regards to Odin's power we should make him fight someone like Zom seeing as he has better feats on panel he must be able to stomp every abstract or mystical entity he goes up against

Last edited by SasuOna on Apr 8th, 2011 at 04:04 PM

Old Post Apr 8th, 2011 04:02 PM
SasuOna is currently offline Click here to Send SasuOna a Private Message Find more posts by SasuOna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Uriel005

Vishanti amp > Odin+destroyer. Also the channeling is part of his powerset as Sorceror supreme. What you're saying if I understand you correctly is that he must use only his powers. That's like saying Iron Man doesn't get his suit in a fight or in-betweener gets only what he is capable of without order and chaos backing him.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2011 04:02 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi

Originally posted by SasuOna
You keep crying about Thanos not being able to beat Strange when everyone else agreed that Strange would stomp him but now you think the person who actually lost to Thanos would stomp Strange.........LOL you are just so backwards

Also in regards to Odin's power we should make him fight someone like Zom seeing as he has better feats on panel he must be able to stomp every abstract or mystical entity he goes up against

Everyone agreed LOL LOL. Who.. Nihi and Long Pig.. sorry but out of context scans and him getting an amp to beat people THE COMIC MAKES CLEAR IS WELL BEYOND HIM doesn't impress me. Not only is it an outside amp or prep but it's a matter of strange simply having to win to save the universe. Strange words made it clear.. He is NO MATCH for Thanos.. straight from the horses mouth. Yet you think he has a chance against someone who beat Thanos... LOL LMAO

Old Post Apr 8th, 2011 04:09 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Question for anyone who feels like answering:

Can Strange beat Odin under his power in your opinion? Ie. without petitioning/summoning other beings to do so?

Old Post Apr 8th, 2011 05:29 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Originally posted by long pig
waddaya want from me?
You don't want to know.

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2011 05:39 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

laughing out loud

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Apr 8th, 2011 05:44 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
The Weeknd

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Question for anyone who feels like answering:

Can Strange beat Odin under his power in your opinion? Ie. without petitioning/summoning other beings to do so?

No, dude even petitioning/summoning he can't.

Gorath is a NOTHING. He's never fought another abstract, demon lord, or god that I'm aware of. Strange has kicked his ass EVERY SINGLE TIME they fought.

The one time when Strange and Odin had a chance to go at it, Strange wanted no part of him! Only Thanos had the guts to stand against him.

Strange has failed SPECTACULARLY vs Set, a shackled Zom, and one or two more that escape me at the moment. And this was CLASSIC Strange.

Odin has more impressive on panel displays of power than any being I mentioned above and then some. Odin stomps Strange with or without backing.

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2011 06:54 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
The Weeknd

He is NO MATCH for Thanos.. straight from the horses mouth. Yet you think he has a chance against someone who beat Thanos... LOL LMAO

This is what happens when you ignore on panel feats and statements and make up stories based on how YOU feel the story should go. Like you said, on panel Strange said he and Adam didn't have the power to separate Thanos/Surfer going at it (happened during the Infinity Gauntlet Saga).

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2011 06:57 PM
SasuOna

Strange has failed SPECTACULARLY vs Set, a shackled Zom, and one or two more that escape me at the moment. And this was CLASSIC Strange.

Odin has more impressive on panel displays of power than any being I mentioned above and then some. Odin stomps Strange with or without backing.

LOL you are just so wrong all the time you don't know what your talking about

Hes never fought Set that was sligguth and even then he didn't lose like you seem to think, he fought Zom when he was only a disciple not the same thing as fighting classic strange at his full power, and you have no idea about the other two entities because its never happened unless your talking about when the Ancient One saved Strange from Eternity by beating him himself.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2011 08:13 PM
SasuOna is currently offline Click here to Send SasuOna a Private Message Find more posts by SasuOna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

This is what happens when you ignore on panel feats and statements and make up stories based on how YOU feel the story should go. Like you said, on panel Strange said he and Adam didn't have the power to separate Thanos/Surfer going at it (happened during the Infinity Gauntlet Saga).

That isn't at all what happened. You need to think before posting. Strange said surfer was the only one who has a chance to stop Thanos. Trying reading my post.. then comics in question.. then you'll have a better idea before posting.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2011 09:20 PM