KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Dr. Strange vs Odin

Dr. Strange vs Odin
Started by: Endrict Nuul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by batdude123
If we totally exclude Dr. Strange's low showings/average showings, then yeah, he may have a shot at taking on Odin. Problem is, he has too many mediocre/low showings to make me think Odin wouldn't just stomp here.
Full powered Strange has a bunch of low showings? No. No he does not. You probably can't name one.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Apr 11th, 2011 07:49 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by long pig
Wrong. you sir, are a liar. The only reason Seth was able to enter this dimension, as well as vampires existing on earth, was fully because Strange was not at full power. It's even in set's bio. He was only full for a while because fullpower Strange is invincible. Full power Strange is when he has ALL the artifacts, the vishanti, is sorcerer Supreme and the AO is dead, NOT master of the mystic arts and the AO alive. The AO gave ALL his power to Strange when he died, which litterally made him thousands of times more powerful. Every set appearance DS was either not SS, Did not have the AO's power or his artifacts or the vishanti. SET CAN NOT ENTER THIS DIMENSION WHILE THERE'S A FULL POWERED SS. END!

What are you talking about? Strange, when he fought Set in Marvel Team-up Annual, HAD all his artifacts. They weren't destroyed till YEARS afterward. Not that they helped him because he STILL needed the power of the Cosmic Cube to bolster his spell.

It was stated on panel that Strange had no chance vs Set if it wasn't for the Cube not once but twice. Once in the original story publish in 1982 and the second time in the retelling in 1989. I even provided the scans for you.

The second time they fought was when Strange lacked his artifacts and the Cosmic Cube in the Atlantis Attacks story arc.

You are either illiterate or trolling.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2011 09:27 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by zopzop
What are you talking about? Strange, when he fought Set in Marvel Team-up Annual, HAD all his artifacts. They weren't destroyed till YEARS afterward. Not that they helped him because he STILL needed the power of the Cosmic Cube to bolster his spell.

It was stated on panel that Strange had no chance vs Set if it wasn't for the Cube not once but twice. Once in the original story publish in 1982 and the second time in the retelling in 1989. I even provided the scans for you.

The second time they fought was when Strange lacked his artifacts and the Cosmic Cube in the Atlantis Attacks story arc.

You are either illiterate or trolling.
Why is it you ignore the parts that prove you wrong. Answer me this, was Strange the Sorcerer Supreme and was The AO alive at the time of Marvel Team Up Annual 5? The answer destroys your argument that Strange was full powered which is why you won't answer this. You're just wrong or a liar.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Apr 11th, 2011 10:54 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

What does any of this have to do with the thread?

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Apr 11th, 2011 11:02 AM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Why is it you ignore the parts that prove you wrong. Answer me this, was Strange the Sorcerer Supreme and was The AO alive at the time of Marvel Team Up Annual 5? The answer destroys your argument that Strange was full powered which is why you won't answer this. You're just wrong or a liar.

What parts am I ignoring? I even GAVE YOU the issue numbers so you can check them for yourself. This is what you said :
quote:
Wrong. you sir, are a liar. The only reason Seth was able to enter this dimension, as well as vampires existing on earth, was fully because Strange was not at full power. It's even in set's bio. He was only full for a while because fullpower Strange is invincible. Full power Strange is when he has ALL the artifacts, the vishanti, is sorcerer Supreme and the AO is dead, NOT master of the mystic arts and the AO alive. The AO gave ALL his power to Strange when he died, which litterally made him thousands of times more powerful. Every set appearance DS was either not SS, Did not have the AO's power or his artifacts or the vishanti. SET CAN NOT ENTER THIS DIMENSION WHILE THERE'S A FULL POWERED SS. END!

I TOLD YOU that the AO's death and Dr. Strange's ascension to Sorcerer Supreme took place in Marvel Premiere #9-#11 these were published in 1973. Strange lost his artifacts in Dr Strange #81 published in 1987. Strange confronted Set in Marvel Team up Annual #5 published in 1982!

In 1982 AO is dead, Strange is SS, AND he still had ALL his artifacts! Yet even then he was helpless before Set and had to draw power from the Cosmic Cube to amp his exorcism spell (apparently they burnt out the Cube in the process) and it was stated that the Cube was the key to victory both in the original story AND in the retelling during 1989 Atlantis Attacks.

Despite this and the scans backing it up you still prattle on with your BS.

As to the point of all this? Odin > Set and we all saw Set >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Strange. So Odin>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Strange. Odin stomps any Strange 10/10.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2011 07:08 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Full powered Strange has a bunch of low showings? No. No he does not. You probably can't name one.

How about the time Dracula easily defeated him? Or Silver Dagger almost killing him with a thrown knife that went through his forcefield like butter?

Old Post Apr 11th, 2011 08:51 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Remember the time he was beat down by some hypnotized goons? They literally walked into his house and pushed his shit in, then stole a magical artifact from him.

He was also tabbed by Echo, unable to cure cancer (I think it was a result of magic however), helpless when a plane was falling, and a Mage -Hulk's friend IIRC- broke into his house without much effort IIRC.

Doom and some robots once took him down albeit he was surprised. Didn't Peter knock him out with a vase before? I also believe he broke into his house and took him down while Strange was a werewolf or some such.

I think it was stated at one point that Strange is useless against technology or what not.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2011 09:14 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Also there was the time Satan pulled him into Hell and he spent the better part of an issue getting toyed with and helpless, even though he eventually figured it out, not a great feat for someone who's supposedly skyfather+.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2011 09:48 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

I remember that.

Didn't he also run away from a group of frost giants and fire demons during one of the Infinity sagas? Kind of hazy on this one; I think he teleported to the Asgardian realms to get Masterson for the main battle.

IIRC, he also admitted to be unable to separate Thanos and Surfer, admitted inferiority to Thanos in some way, was completely stripped of his power by either an Odin enchanted sword or the World Tree while admitting that it was a magical power beyond his own, nearly popped his head while tapping into the power of the Wrecking Crew, was unable to reverse a spell by the Enchantress that turned the Black Knight into stone despite his best efforts, owned by a spirit of Loki that had only a fraction of his full power although this was before the Ancient One died and his power was added to Strange's.

I beat there's a few more if I dig.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Apr 11th, 2011 at 10:00 PM

Old Post Apr 11th, 2011 09:58 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SasuOna

Originally posted by zopzop

In 1982 AO is dead, Strange is SS, AND he still had ALL his artifacts! Yet even then he was helpless before Set and had to draw power from the Cosmic Cube to amp his exorcism spell (apparently they burnt out the Cube in the process) and it was stated that the Cube was the key to victory both in the original story AND in the retelling during 1989 Atlantis Attacks.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Strange. So Odin>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Strange. Odin stomps any Strange 10/10.

Because you of course are ignoring the fact that the Serpent Men had Strange physical body and were able to put a serpent crown on it and take unknown amount of power from his prone body before his astral form joined with it again. This was even said by one of the serpent men but you apparently don't know this because you never actually read said story besides the scans of Set appearing.

Besides that you are also making up the fact that Strange needed to cosmic cube to exorcise Set which wasn't what happened in the story and is only incorrectly said in a recap which still isn't proof enough to say how Strange needs a cosmic cube to defeat Set. You yourself are also ignorant of the fact that they used the cube twice in said storyline which makes me believe you have no idea what your talking about by saying that they only used it to exorcise Set.

So yeah all this BS about Set>>>>>>>>Strange is a delusion that you seem to not be able to back up let alone show how your whole reasoning behind it is PIS as well as the notion that Strange has been saved by Set from anyone but himself multiple times which is a lie.

Why couldn't Set kill Scarlett Witch and The Thing before Set ate Spidey with the cosmic cube?
Are you telling me that, that serpent crown body which wasn't even able to kill a mage weaker then Strange is somehow superior to him? Why is the Thing still alive?

Last edited by SasuOna on Apr 11th, 2011 at 11:18 PM

Old Post Apr 11th, 2011 11:15 PM
SasuOna is currently offline Click here to Send SasuOna a Private Message Find more posts by SasuOna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harbinger
Firestorm

Originally posted by h1a8
I don't consider low showings but only high ones (except PIS high ones) since characters are at full capacity and are fighting at their best ability
AS SHOWN BEFORE.

Thus Strange wins.
lol, just making it up as we go along?

Old Post Apr 11th, 2011 11:21 PM
Harbinger is currently offline Click here to Send Harbinger a Private Message Find more posts by Harbinger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Harbinger
lol, just making it up as we go along?

Not really. Strange at his best easily wins. He's Abstract level.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2011 04:04 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

No no no, dude. full powered or not, Strange can't beat Odin without prep. Even then, not easy. Set, he could beat fullpowered without prep. Not in his own dimension where he is omnipotent, but in a neutral place as per 'da rules. But Odin is a different animal. eos. Stop arguing he can beat him dude.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Apr 12th, 2011 05:48 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Pig saying Strange loses is like Quan saying Thanos losses (We can hope), Philo saying Superman loses or Dmills taking off his Nova Shades. *Insert Thor joke*

Those type of admissions should basically end discussions in favor of aforementioned characters.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2011 06:05 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

laughing out loud I poked the Thanos fanboys and it's been hilarious ever since. The've declared a Thanos fatwa on me. I feel like Salmon Rushdi of the vs forum. Thanboys, i call 'em.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Apr 12th, 2011 06:19 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Pig saying Strange loses is like Quan saying Thanos losses (We can hope), Philo saying Superman loses or Dmills taking off his Nova Shades. *Insert Thor joke*

Those type of admissions should basically end discussions in favor of aforementioned characters.
You dick. Don't lump my faux nutthuggering with those mentally ill degenerates.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Apr 12th, 2011 06:23 AM