KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Rise of the Supermen: can they be stopped?

Rise of the Supermen: can they be stopped?
Started by: basilisk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
shokosugi
Restricted

Account Restricted

combine team 3 and team 4 and you have a fight.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2008 10:55 PM
shokosugi is currently offline Click here to Send shokosugi a Private Message Find more posts by shokosugi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by xJLxKing
The Superman team should be able go through team 1-3. The only problem is Xavier, Maxima(i think), and Dr.Strange.
They wont be defeating team 4.
I don't know about the rest

Current Strange won't be a problem. The man got taken out by Maya Lopez.

Ghost Rider would be a big problem on team 3, simply because he just won't die.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Nov 18th, 2008 11:28 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by fangirl101
I guess I have a new Project huh. respect Maxima coming soon to a thread near you.

That would be pretty constructive for you to do so. Go ahead!

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 12:01 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Maxima's hot and kicks ass. I'll be waiting for that.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 12:13 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
horrorwolf
Incarnation of Infinity

Team 4 stomps them out.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 12:50 AM
horrorwolf is currently offline Click here to Send horrorwolf a Private Message Find more posts by horrorwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hyperion Prime

The Rise of the Supermen should have Martian Man Hunter since he is could help with they psychic defense. MM is basically a martian superman.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 08:05 AM
Hyperion Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Hyperion Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Hyperion Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
The Rise of the Supermen should have Martian Man Hunter since he is could help with they psychic defense. MM is basically a martian superman.

I didn't think of Martian Manhunter. Maybe I haven't ever seen him as quite the Superman archetype character because he has more unusual powers like invisibility, tp, shapeshifting, and greeness etc that aren't part of the standard powerset. Same reason I didn't put Tangent Superman in. And SM 1M and SBP etc seemed way too much.

I'd be willing to allow MM on the team if Maxima and Xavier were considered that much of a fight-stopper, but I thought this many Supermen would be a fair fight since a number of them have demonstrated strong wills and good resistance to tp (while others haven't). And Sentry might go completely Void crazy like he has in the past with telepaths - which doesn't always bode well for the telepath.

I thought Maxima might be a good opponent for Sentry in that round. Didn't know about the copies she can create otherwise I might have left her out - creating dupes can kind of spoil the intention of the fight.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 09:15 AM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hyperion Prime

Originally posted by basilisk
I didn't think of Martian Manhunter. Maybe I haven't ever seen him as quite the Superman archetype character because he has more unusual powers like invisibility, tp, shapeshifting, and greeness etc that aren't part of the standard powerset. Same reason I didn't put Tangent Superman in. And SM 1M and SBP etc seemed way too much.

I'd be willing to allow MM on the team if Maxima and Xavier were considered that much of a fight-stopper, but I thought this many Supermen would be a fair fight since a number of them have demonstrated strong wills and good resistance to tp (while others haven't). And Sentry might go completely Void crazy like he has in the past with telepaths - which doesn't always bode well for the telepath.

I thought Maxima might be a good opponent for Sentry in that round. Didn't know about the copies she can create otherwise I might have left her out - creating dupes can kind of spoil the intention of the fight.

I guess MM has more differences than similarities. I guess was thinking of the speed, strength, and Martian Vision. I have always thought of Captain Marvel as being completley different than Superman.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 09:54 AM
Hyperion Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Hyperion Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Hyperion Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Captain Marvel and Superman came out around the same time, anyhow. ('38 and '39.) So yeah, CM shouldn't ever be considered a Superman clone. smile

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 07:14 PM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MightyEInherjar
Two Ravens Above Us

Both team 1 or team 2 could pull an upset IMO. Not majority or anything, but potentially 2/10. A couple of the guys in 2 (Kurse, Konvikt, Mongul, Doomsday, etc) have taken on and beaten multiple Superman levels fine before, and the remainder (Hulk, Ulik, Bizarro, Drax, etc) have all at least taken down one Superman type in their careers. Guys like Juggernaut can obviously tie up numerous Supermen at once provided they don't throw him off the planet.

Team 3 would have been the end of them if there had been a few replacements. I don't see IW or Vision doing much but playing battlefield medics. Then again, there's a good amount of strong shields on this team though. Quasar, Hal, Firestorm, Captain Atom and IW could all try and hold them off with shields while Prof X and Dr Strange try to work miracles from inside.

If the shields fall (which would be a mighty task, breaking the combined shields of Hal and Quasar alone), then Flash could always drop an IMP on each of them the moment it does and hope Namor, Wonder Man, Vision, and Wolverine could try to get their only shots in on their stunned enemies. Hal, Captain Atom, and Quasar could all handle their own Supermen if need be. I imagine Ghost Riders PS would be more than some of the more aggressive or unstable Supermen to handle (Hyperion, Gladiator, Black Adam, Sentry, etc), and his durability would keep him around for a long time.

Another possibility is that (under the cover of the shields) Prof X, Vision, and Strange could try and analyze the weaknesses of their opponents while Firestorm attempts to physically create them on the battlefield.

On second thought, team 3 stops them. Due to versatility.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2008 12:08 AM
MightyEInherjar is currently offline Click here to Send MightyEInherjar a Private Message Find more posts by MightyEInherjar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote