KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Hey, what movie is better, Kung Fu Panda or Wall-E???

What's better, slugheads?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Wall-E 23 88.46%
Kung Fu Panda 3 11.54%
Total: 26 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hey, what movie is better, Kung Fu Panda or Wall-E???
Started by: =Tired Hiker=

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden101
although if i was choosing any animated film wall-E would rank after Dumbo and watership down and iron giant

Yeah man, The Iron Giant ftw.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Nov 20th, 2008 02:19 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Wall-E, while not bad by any stretch, gave me a feeling of emptiness. I usualy do like things that can be so subtle while taking it so far, but at the same time, I tend to dislike the kind of atmosphere that the movie gave; I know for a fact that it was just me, but the focus on Wall-E's physical actions, with what symbolism feeling, to me, less subtle and more blatant. I really don't want to call it overrated, but compared to what the general majority says, that may be how it seems.

Normally, I try to focus more on execution of a certain style, genre, or cliche but as far as sheer style is concerned, I've ever been particularly convinced by the kind that Wall-E presents. I'm not above calling it bias in a sense, that much I admit. Basically, I didn't dislike it, I just didn't love it as much as the general public did.

As for Kung-Fu Panda, I saw it only once, and I'll have to see it again on DVD before reassessing my opinion on the movie. I generally enjoyed it from a technical standpoint especially (The Skadoosh quote under my name is just because that part in the trailer stuck to me).

Last edited by BloodRawEngine on Nov 20th, 2008 at 04:35 AM

Old Post Nov 20th, 2008 04:32 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

I will take either option 3 or 4: Poking my own eys out or nailing my left hand to my forehead. Seriously... these movies are trash.

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post Nov 20th, 2008 05:28 PM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
I will take either option 3 or 4: Poking my own eys out or nailing my left hand to my forehead. Seriously... these movies are trash.

haven't seen good movies lately, have you?

Wall-E kicks Panda's ass, though I'm pretty sure TH already knows that

... of course I haven't seen Kung Fu Panda, so I'm basing my opinion on a biased preference towards any Pixar movie yes

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Nov 20th, 2008 05:59 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

You don't know trash til you've seen Madagascar.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2008 11:46 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
You don't know trash til you've seen Madagascar.

(shivers) sick

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 12:23 AM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Re: Hey, what movie is better, Kung Fu Panda or Wall-E???

Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
I just put these movies on my queue and I want to watch the best one second. I'll base the order on the votes in the poll. kthnksbai -hiker.

Aliens...,Aliens is a better movie cool

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 12:26 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Madagascar 2 was okay, but nowhere near great.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 12:56 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Wall-E.

Best film of the year and probably the best animated film I've ever seen.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 01:18 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
Wall-E, while not bad by any stretch, gave me a feeling of emptiness. I usualy do like things that can be so subtle while taking it so far, but at the same time, I tend to dislike the kind of atmosphere that the movie gave; I know for a fact that it was just me, but the focus on Wall-E's physical actions, with what symbolism feeling, to me, less subtle and more blatant. I really don't want to call it overrated, but compared to what the general majority says, that may be how it seems.

Normally, I try to focus more on execution of a certain style, genre, or cliche but as far as sheer style is concerned, I've ever been particularly convinced by the kind that Wall-E presents. I'm not above calling it bias in a sense, that much I admit. Basically, I didn't dislike it, I just didn't love it as much as the general public did.

As for Kung-Fu Panda, I saw it only once, and I'll have to see it again on DVD before reassessing my opinion on the movie. I generally enjoyed it from a technical standpoint especially (The Skadoosh quote under my name is just because that part in the trailer stuck to me).

I feel ya. I too have a problem with movies that make me feel empty. Like Finding Nemo, great movie, but damn it had its really really really really sad parts. sad

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 01:39 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Originally posted by BackFire
Wall-E.

Best film of the year and probably the best animated film I've ever seen.
Better than The Dark Knight?

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 02:00 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I think so, definitely.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 03:48 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Crimzon
Baby Killer

Nah.

Wall-E's the third best movie I've seen this year.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 04:46 PM
Master Crimzon is currently offline Click here to Send Master Crimzon a Private Message Find more posts by Master Crimzon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

I just don't get it! Sorry, I have to say something. Wall-E was trash! Is everyone just going with the crowd or something? Who on this planet older than 10 likes that crap?!

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 04:56 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

I just don't get it! Sorry, I have to say something. Wall-E was trash! Is everyone just going with the crowd or something? Who on this planet older than 10 likes that crap?!

the irony being that most of the films you list in your profile as your favourites are also aimed at kids (starwars, lord of the rings and comic book based movies)

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 04:59 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oooo Mild Possession can't say anything nasty towards him, he likes Phantom of the Paradise!! cult classic. Bugger. smile

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 05:06 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

Jaden101: But those movies are bad-ass.... there's a difference, LOL.

MildPossession: Great classic movie, right?! I like your style.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 05:21 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jaden101: But those movies are bad-ass.... there's a difference, LOL.

MildPossession: Great classic movie, right?! I like your style.

laughing Wall-E pwns R2

uuuuhhhh...na probably not laughing out loud

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 05:47 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Crimzon
Baby Killer

Wall-E is good because it contains powerful themes and ideas that appeal to both adults and kids. Sure, it's 'kid-friendly', but it contains the same amount of potential enjoyment for adults. If anything, kids can't fully understand- or enjoy- the movie (especially it's dialogue-less parts).

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 06:37 PM
Master Crimzon is currently offline Click here to Send Master Crimzon a Private Message Find more posts by Master Crimzon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

So I attempted to watch Kung Fu Panda last night, I laughed out loud a few times, then at about 36 minutes into it my dvd player got stuck. So I put it in my computer, but my computer wouldn't even play the disc. This never happens, so my guess is the disc is corrupt or something since it doesn't really look scratched. I mailed it back and will get Wall-E next, I'll finish Panda another time, it's just that y'all got me wanting to see Wall-E really bad now.

Anyway, I was hoping the dvd player was broken, because that would give me a great excuse to finally buy a Blu-ray player, or an Xbox. You see, my wife will not allow me to purchase either of those since money is tight, got a baby on the way and such, so I was bummed it was a problem with the disc, not the player.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 07:46 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote