KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » silver surfer vs namor

silver surfer vs namor
Started by: lawest9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

quote: (post)
Originally posted by iceman24567
Namor KOs surfer with a wet willy.

I lol'd.

Surfer stomps

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 08:43 PM
The Pict is currently offline Click here to Send The Pict a Private Message Find more posts by The Pict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Priest

Spite

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 08:44 PM
Priest is currently offline Click here to Send Priest a Private Message Find more posts by Priest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

If Namor's lucky, the fight MIGHT last this long...
(please log in to view the image)

Originally posted by complexbrother
Surfer boils Namor alive in his precious water .

Literally if he's so inclined...
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/...c/MCP174-08.jpg

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 08:59 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Great Galen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hmm are armbars banned, otherwise its a stomp in favor of Namor.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 09:24 PM
The Great Galen is currently offline Click here to Send The Great Galen a Private Message Find more posts by The Great Galen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by The Great Galen

Haven't you already been warned numerous times about trolling with the armbar thing?

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 09:35 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Great Galen
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's a legitimate concern, im just looking out for SS interest. Gotta make sure he has fighting chance u know.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 09:47 PM
The Great Galen is currently offline Click here to Send The Great Galen a Private Message Find more posts by The Great Galen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

It's a legitimate concern, im just looking out for SS interest. Gotta make sure he has fighting chance u know.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 09:51 PM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 09:53 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Great Galen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well in fairness, Namor did give sentry problems and SS does have horrible h2h so it doesnt surprise me.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 10:01 PM
darthgoober

Namor didn't really do anything in either of those instances though, he landed one punch in each encounter. Surfer kicked his ass while under water in fact. And unless I'm mistaken, both of those instances are from the period in which Surfer was depowered on Earth...

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 10:02 PM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Originally posted by darthgoober
Namor didn't really do anything in either of those instances though, he landed one punch in each encounter. Surfer kicked his ass while under water in fact.

Not physically though. And he did use the board in both instances. But Surfer wasn't exactly bloodlusted either, so in terms of forum fight, this doesn't hold much weight, I just posted them because the thread started brought the confrontations up.

Surfer was depowered on Earth...

From what I've read, there's just one instance where this is suggested, though I haven't read everything. Where is this proven ?

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Last edited by Philosophía on Nov 21st, 2008 at 10:08 PM

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 10:05 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Great Galen
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think SS was depowered in the second scan, the first one he was in peak condition I think.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 10:07 PM
MightyEInherjar
Two Ravens Above Us

Silver Surfer has disgraced Namor several times in Defenders comics. There's even a panel where Namor is contemplating attacking SS, but reconsiders and dubs the attack futile.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 10:10 PM
MightyEInherjar is currently offline Click here to Send MightyEInherjar a Private Message Find more posts by MightyEInherjar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by Philosophía
From what I've read, there's just one instance where this is suggested, though I haven't read everything. Where is this proven ?

Nah there's more than that, it's mentioned a couple of times throughout his first series and his FF appearances.

I can track down more instances if you'd like, but here's two instances of it being mentioned that come to mind...

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

"Though my own power is but a fraction of what it once had been..."

"Once I might have felled you with a shrug! But though I am less than before... still I am the Silver Surfer!"

Well in fairness, Namor did give sentry problems and SS does have horrible h2h so it doesnt surprise me.

Right... horrible H2H huh?
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)
"As the titanic struggle continues, the Surfer easily evades this Lunatic's every thrust. While his cosmic powered blows rock the creature to his very core."

Doesn't seem so horrible to me.

I think SS was depowered in the second scan, the first one he was in peak condition I think.

In the second scan of the first set)(panel 2), Surfer specifically mentions being trapped on Earth, so that encounter takes place during his period of being depowered.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 10:34 PM
The Great Galen
Restricted

Account Restricted

http://img155.imageshack.us/my.php?...cp175p12lj5.jpg Doesnt in anyway shape or form prove he has good MA or h2h...game over plz play again.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 10:52 PM
darthgoober

http://img155.imageshack.us/my.php?...cp175p12lj5.jpg Doesnt in anyway shape or form prove he has good MA or h2h...game over plz play again.

Did I SAY it proved he had good MA or h2h, no. I was contesting your unfounded claim that he was HORRIBLE at h2h, and the scan accomplishes that goal nicely.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 10:55 PM
The Great Galen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Did I SAY it proved he had good MA or h2h, no. I was contesting your unfounded claim that he was HORRIBLE at h2h, and the scan accomplishes that goal nicely.

In wat way, did the opponet know MA?

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 10:57 PM
darthgoober

In wat way, did the opponet know MA?

A cosmic bounty hunter who throws nearly as many kicks in combat as he does punches... I'd say so.

Oh, and I'd like to see even a single instance to support your claim that Surfer's HORRIBLE at h2h combat.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 11:00 PM
Badabing
Karen

Okay, that was funny. laughing out loud

This thread isn't funny though.

Closed as this is too one sided. Namor can't win unless SS forgets that he has any powers.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 11:00 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote