KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Cyclops vs Omega Red

Cyclops vs Omega Red
Started by: Bentley

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Starscream M
Logan may follow Cyke, but that in no way means Cyke is necessarily better tactically...Logan understands team dynamics and knows that him supporting Cyke is important for team morale

but Logan has received far more training and been in far more circumstances where his tactical abilities have been honed

---

Emma is a manipulative -itch and would rather play the puppet master behind the scenes where she could get far more accomplished and 'allow' Scott the faux-leadership role. This way Emma gets what she wants and doesn't have to stand the heat for her decisions. Scott's her fall guy.

logan still defers to scott. scott makes team decisions, like he did on the breakworld and during messiah complex. if logan had any problems, he would have said so, but he didn't.

training is one thing, but scott is naturally gifted. 'tactical genius' nick fury said so. it's as much god given talent as anything else...

emma loves scott. there's no way in hell she'd use him as a puppet unless she herself was under some kind of persuasuion...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 20th, 2008 11:12 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Originally posted by Raoul

emma loves scott. there's no way in hell she'd use him as a puppet unless she herself was under some kind of persuasuion...

boy you have no experience with women do you...jkstick out tongue

---

scott has a natural talent for kissing ass to authority and being straighter than a ruler...if that qualifies for 'tactical genius' then I guess he is roll eyes (sarcastic)

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Nov 20th, 2008 11:16 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

boy you have no experience with women do you...jkstick out tongue

---

scott has a natural talent for kissing ass to authority and being straighter than a ruler...if that qualifies for 'tactical genius' then I guess he is roll eyes (sarcastic)

any woman who loves scott the way emma does would never misuse him like that...

kissing ass? he's the one who threw xavier out of the school...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 20th, 2008 11:17 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

any woman who loves scott the way emma does would never misuse him like that...

kissing ass? he's the one who threw xavier out of the school...
eh...tbh I don't follow xmen so I don't know if Scott has reached an emo stage or not (a la toby maguire in Spiderman 3) but from what I knew of him he always seemed to be the teacher's pet type

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Nov 20th, 2008 11:22 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

eh...tbh I don't follow xmen so I don't know if Scott has reached an emo stage or not (a la toby maguire in Spiderman 3) but from what I knew of him he always seemed to be the teacher's pet type

he was picked to be the leader. people say he was teacher's pet, but he was as confident as xavier was in their mission, so they would have agreed on lots of things.

scott is #1 now. no xavier. emma defers to him. logan defers to him. scott is basically responsible for making sure mutants dont die out...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 20th, 2008 11:24 PM
Deadline

Thats what Wolverine used to say in order to piss him off but hes not the leader for nothing. Hell when he was leading X-factor there was not Prof X to arse kiss then.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2008 11:35 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Wolverine can't handle the pressure of leading a team because he hates making decisions that will put others in the line of fire. What you end up with is a much more subdued Wolverine who second guesses himself and underperformed across the board. As strange as it sounds, what it comes down to is basically Wolverine lacks the confidence to be an affective team leader... which is the opposite of the vibe he gives off when running solo or fallowing orders. The reason for this is actually being explained rather well by Way (I can't believe I just said that) and Carry in the Origins / Legacy Crossover, Wolverine (and Pro. X for that matter) sees himself first and foremost as a weapon, and a weapon is nothing unless someone is using it. I imagine he is more than capable of being a better leader / tactician that Cyclops, but CIS prevents it from happening. Just another odd character trait to add to the dichotomy that is Wolverine.

In short Cyclops > Wolverine in tactics and leadership
*shrug*

Red wins.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 12:00 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

In potential Rhino could be a better leader than Cyclops but CIS gets in the way. shifty

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 01:35 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Then why in the F*CK do you start arguments about which you have no clue?

Subconsciously, you must want to be wrong all the time...

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 02:09 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 03:25 AM
#1110 is currently offline Click here to Send #1110 a Private Message Find more posts by #1110 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

* Cyke is no teacher's pet, nor an a$$ kisser... initially, Scott did not want to be the field leader, but Xavier saw what Scott is capable of and chose him...

* Logan might be a good leader but he is no better than Cyke... Cyke's leadership is not on Logan's level... Emma is also a good leader but is still subjected to Cyke proving that Cyke is still the one in charge...

* with decent distance, Cyke wins every single time... factors: speed of optic blast, thought-controlled visor, Cyke's accuracy & spatial awareness... at close range, if Omega Red's death aura does not KO Cyke immediately, i see no problem unleashing an optic blast at point blank range...

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 07:35 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by batdude123

laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 08:03 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cloud102

Omega Red.

B5

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2008 09:51 PM
cloud102 is currently offline Click here to Send cloud102 a Private Message Find more posts by cloud102 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rhinoceros
PM me for nudes ;)

l

If Emma was a better tactician, why would she admire his tactical prowess. (Remember when Emma peeked into Scott's mind when they were in the Savage land) Scott's definitely tactically the best member of X-men.

I don't see how he can really lose this match if he has enough distance between him and Red. the death pheromones have a limited range.

"Don't you know who I am? He must not know who I am! I'm The Ju.. Eh, Rhino! B*tch!"

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2008 04:07 PM
Rhinoceros is currently offline Click here to Send Rhinoceros a Private Message Find more posts by Rhinoceros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Rhinoceros
If Emma was a better tactician, why would she admire his tactical prowess. (Remember when Emma peeked into Scott's mind when they were in the Savage land) Scott's definitely tactically the best member of X-men.

exactly.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2008 04:09 PM
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

I love cyclops... He >>>3 wolverine in terms if tactical genius... In fact there was a comparison to captain America a while back...

However as far as putting down omega red... A guy who's armor could probably take a fill on blast from cyke... Cyke would have to go all out... And have at least 50 ft so that red can't touch him

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2008 05:29 PM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by batdude123

pwnt

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2008 05:41 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

.........scot loses period. For starters pherones would drop scot right away.......

Not to mention scot have hard time actaully hurt omega red.............and even if he was able to hurt red...........red would heal from it...........scot pritty much dies here..........

hell scot been dropped by red effortlessly.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2008 05:43 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

scot being a better tactation then wolverine is debatable. Both have there moments and both are better in certain scenerios

Old Post Nov 24th, 2008 05:45 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by Battlehammer
scot being a better tactation then wolverine is debatable. Both have there moments and both are better in certain scenerios

Even Wolverine stated that Scott is a better leader. Remember the epic lawn moment?

"Every now and then Summers. I'm reminded why you're still in charge."

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Nov 24th, 2008 05:51 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote