KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The Dow's freefall

What will the Dow's bottom be
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
About 7,500, what it is now 0 0%
7,000 0 0%
6,500 0 0%
6,000 0 0%
5,500 0 0%
5,000 1 50.00%
4,500 0 0%
4,000 0 0%
3,500 0 0%
God forbid lower than 3,500 1 50.00%
Total: 2 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Dow's freefall
Started by: Doom and Gloom

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Archaeopteryx

The Dow's freefall

From it's high of 14,164.53 on Oct 9 2007 the Dow has fallen to 7,552.29, it's lowest point in six years and a major indicator of the shape of our economy. At what point does everyone think (and why) it will bottom out?

I feel it has a ways to fall still. There is another wave of bad mortgages coming due next year before the last of them is finished. I think the Dow will settle around 5,000 late next year and then level off. At least I hope it doesn't fall any further than that.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 12:03 AM
Archaeopteryx is currently offline Click here to Send Archaeopteryx a Private Message Find more posts by Archaeopteryx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deja~vu
Dreamer

I don't know, but I'll tell you one thing, if the Big Three doesn't get some help we will all just live in boxes here in Michigan. I'm moving mine to a warmer climate. LOL

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 12:21 AM
Deja~vu is currently offline Click here to Send Deja~vu a Private Message Find more posts by Deja~vu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Oh man, you should check behind K-mart, Deja-vu. They have some awesome Refrigerator boxes. Quite possibly the cadillac of boxes lol.

who cares what happens with the stock market? The gomment will just print more money and give them more money to lose.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 12:25 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deja~vu
Dreamer

Worthless money, all worthless.

Don't want the very best box, people get jealous, ya know. I don't want to die over a pretty box. LOL

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 12:27 AM
Deja~vu is currently offline Click here to Send Deja~vu a Private Message Find more posts by Deja~vu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Deja~vu
I don't know, but I'll tell you one thing, if the Big Three doesn't get some help we will all just live in boxes here in Michigan. I'm moving mine to a warmer climate. LOL

Toyota had shown interest in buying a controlling share in GM some time back, so maybe they'll swoop in right before GM's final death stroke.

The "Heartbeat of America", may have a Samurai flare to it soon.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 12:43 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Yeah..I'm tired of the stock market stuff...

We will rebound...to over nine thoooooouuusaaaaand!

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 03:32 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Archaeopteryx

How about now

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2020 02:02 AM
Archaeopteryx is currently offline Click here to Send Archaeopteryx a Private Message Find more posts by Archaeopteryx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

it's going to be a legendary shitshow this week

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2020 02:10 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Waah, waaah, waah, orange man bad!! Waah, waah, waah!!"

"Everything bad is Trump's fault, waah, waah, waah!!" laughing out loud

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2020 02:42 AM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Archaeopteryx
How about now

We are already seeing mixed numbers which is a sign of recovery taking root. When the stocks fall, some markets are recovering (going against the grain). More and more are doing this.

This week, we should see more mild to moderate mixed results but I do not foresee the extremes we saw in in the prior weeks.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2020 02:43 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote