KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Trivia » LQQking for Movie Title

LQQking for Movie Title
Started by: MsCathy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MsCathy

LQQking for Movie Title

Hi everyone!
I am also looking for the title of an old movie. It was released or at least showed on TV in the early '80s . . . it was about a family of custom wheat harvesters that traveled from Texas up through the plains into Montana. The movie emphasized waiting for the wheat to get to the perfect stage before harvest and how they had to time their arrivals at certain places to get the maximum amount of work. Naturally, there was another group of harvesters that they competed with and they were always on the virge of losing their equipment and entire operation because they were at the mercy of the weather, the crops, and the jobs they would get. I think at one point the son or the crew leader or someone threatened to walk off because of a tiff with the father, but came back to his senses at the last minute to "save the day."
I have a family member that wants this movie very badly for his collection and it would make a perfect Christmas gift if I could find it.
I would greatly appreciate any info you can provide . . .
MsCathy

Old Post Dec 14th, 2002 06:57 PM
MsCathy is currently offline Click here to Send MsCathy a Private Message Find more posts by MsCathy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steve-o
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think you dreamnt it.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2002 09:50 PM
steve-o is currently offline Click here to Send steve-o a Private Message Find more posts by steve-o Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jayride
Apt Pupil

1. Do you have any idea who was in the movie? You could to a search based on any of the actors names.

2. Was the plot based in the present (1980's) at the time of the filming?

Old Post Dec 16th, 2002 12:02 AM
jayride is currently offline Click here to Send jayride a Private Message Find more posts by jayride Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

good questions jayride

Old Post Dec 16th, 2002 06:52 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MsCathy

I do not know the names of the actors. The plot was current, based on the '80's and used what was then present day equipment, etc. At the time, there was a lot of press and visibility about the farm crisis. This film was hinting at the breakdown of the farm structure in that corporate efforts may take over family farm operations who could not compete. Thanks for your questions.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2002 04:30 AM
MsCathy is currently offline Click here to Send MsCathy a Private Message Find more posts by MsCathy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote