KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Marvel Cosmic Powers vs. DC Cosmic Powers

Marvel Cosmic Powers vs. DC Cosmic Powers
Started by: the Darkone

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
guy222
With my gal

marvel ftw

thank u bz

Old Post Nov 25th, 2008 07:44 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cloud102

quote: (post)
Originally posted by rotiart
Hrm just remembered kyles ring absorbing dr light?

... Quasar may be screwed ohhh dammit second guessing myself

Quasar is definitely screwed. Hal and Sinestro have rejected energy absorbers and Quasar can mostly do it in the EM spectrum, while the GL's energy is part of the emotinal spectrum.

I'd give DC the win. 2 top lanerns, which included Sinestro is too much.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2008 07:50 AM
cloud102 is currently offline Click here to Send cloud102 a Private Message Find more posts by cloud102 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Premutos

Not the ring, the battery. Which is a conduit to Oa's Central Battery.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2008 03:55 PM
Premutos is currently offline Click here to Send Premutos a Private Message Find more posts by Premutos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iceman24567

Team Dc

Old Post Nov 25th, 2008 04:03 PM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

... Quasar may be screwed ohhh dammit second guessing myself

Nah, quasar isnt screwed. He is the top pure energy absorber in marvel( save maybe thor). I highly doubt he is going to be getting absorbed by a Gl ring.

All thanks goes to starlock.
"Beware trolls, know me and know fear"

Old Post Nov 25th, 2008 04:11 PM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

Really tough matchup and tough one to call.... It's a fairly even split for me.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2008 05:15 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tazer

Yo.

Originally posted by ultimatethor
Nah, quasar isnt screwed. He is the top pure energy absorber in marvel( save maybe thor). I highly doubt he is going to be getting absorbed by a Gl ring.

he likely wouldnt (nowadays anyway, Golden Age Rings would be a diff story), but considering the way the Green Energy is being described nowadays its doubtful Quasar will be absorbing *it* AND since he's just an e-being now he could just get bubbled-up and forgotten about.

Tazer

Old Post Nov 25th, 2008 08:06 PM
Tazer is currently offline Click here to Send Tazer a Private Message Find more posts by Tazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nestical
The dead,are not silent

team 1,current surfer is a beast

I'M A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYWHERE SO I'M NOWHERE AT ALL

Old Post Nov 25th, 2008 08:27 PM
Nestical is currently offline Click here to Send Nestical a Private Message Find more posts by Nestical Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

he likely wouldnt (nowadays anyway, Golden Age Rings would be a diff story), but considering the way the Green Energy is being described nowadays its doubtful Quasar will be absorbing *it* AND since he's just an e-being now he could just get bubbled-up and forgotten about.

Tazer

Not likely that simply putting a bubble round quasar will work especially with his new hulk smash/self nuke type moves.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2008 08:43 PM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tazer

Yo.

Not likely that simply putting a bubble round quasar will work especially with his new hulk smash/self nuke type moves.

GLs have held back nuke-lvl explosions b4, and even if he DID break free he's effectely taken himself out of battle (and its no guarantee he'll take out the GL in doing so either)........

Tazer

Old Post Nov 25th, 2008 08:47 PM
Tazer is currently offline Click here to Send Tazer a Private Message Find more posts by Tazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

Yo.

GLs have held back nuke-lvl explosions b4, and even if he DID break free he's effectely taken himself out of battle (and its no guarantee he'll take out the GL in doing so either)........

Tazer

He wont take himself out in doing so. He isnt knocked out after doing it. Besides that he still has sufficient straight blast power to break free. Not to mention quasar could just bubble the Gl instead.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2008 08:55 PM
Tazer

Yo.

He wont take himself out in doing so. He isnt knocked out after doing it. Besides that he still has sufficient straight blast power to break free. Not to mention quasar could just bubble the Gl instead.

incorrect, given that the after-effect of him using that self-nuke involved him BEING DISPERSED & FORCEFULLY GOING AWAY afterward.

and he could bubble up the GL......but since hes an e-being it might be more of an issue for him *when* the GL breaks out.

Tazer

Old Post Nov 25th, 2008 10:56 PM
Naija boy

Yo.

incorrect, given that the after-effect of him using that self-nuke involved him BEING DISPERSED & FORCEFULLY GOING AWAY afterward.

and he could bubble up the GL......but since hes an e-being it might be more of an issue for him *when* the GL breaks out.

Tazer

Eh ur prolly right about the nuke thing. My memory is a bit foggy on what exactly happened.

However there shouldnt be any problems with the GL if he breaks out. Quasar is still the top energy absorber in marvel with his quantum bands. And its a GL absorbing the quantum bands is about as likely as Quasar absorbing a Gl ring.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2008 11:03 PM
Tazer

Yo.

Eh ur prolly right about the nuke thing. My memory is a bit foggy on what exactly happened.

not a prob

However there shouldnt be any problems with the GL if he breaks out. Quasar is still the top energy absorber in marvel with his quantum bands. And its a GL absorbing the quantum bands is about as likely as Quasar absorbing a Gl ring.

I think its a bit much to call him the top energy absorber in Marvel too; this means he would be above he likes of SS and the other heralds......and he's not. hes got some interesting feats under his belt, but nothing that really blows ya away.

as for the other, the GL Rings of old actually functioned as portals to an inner dimension, so it *could be done*, however I would put it past Elvis to simply jump into the Q-zone and return home

Tazer

Old Post Nov 26th, 2008 12:41 AM
Naija boy

Yo.

not a prob

I think its a bit much to call him the top energy absorber in Marvel too; this means he would be above he likes of SS and the other heralds......and he's not. hes got some interesting feats under his belt, but nothing that really blows ya away.

as for the other, the GL Rings of old actually functioned as portals to an inner dimension, so it *could be done*, however I would put it past Elvis to simply jump into the Q-zone and return home

Tazer

Quasar is superior to heralds in pure energy absorbtion( yes including SS). He has showed this both in battle( when he fought SS) and out of battle ( when he absorbed all the energy of ego the living planet which SS was unable to do). Quasars advantage of the herlads is that unlike them he does not need to store up energy within himself but rather has a permanent connection to the quantum zone and hence can continuously transfer energy to and from the dimension.

Last edited by Naija boy on Nov 26th, 2008 at 01:07 AM

Old Post Nov 26th, 2008 01:05 AM
darthgoober

Originally posted by cloud102
Quasar is definitely screwed. Hal and Sinestro have rejected energy absorbers and Quasar can mostly do it in the EM spectrum, while the GL's energy is part of the emotinal spectrum.

I'd give DC the win. 2 top lanerns, which included Sinestro is too much.

I won't deny what you're saying there, but it's not as if they haven't fallen victim to it also...
(please log in to view the image)

And yes it's rookie Hal but at that point Sinestro is already being recognized as the #1 Lantern.

I'm not saying that scan guarantee's Quasar can drain their rings though, just pointing out that if he IS capable of manipulating the energy that it's a potentially valid tactic.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2008 01:49 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

His no rookie in this one.. shifty

My Artwork

Old Post Nov 26th, 2008 01:57 AM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cloud102

Originally posted by darthgoober
I won't deny what you're saying there, but it's not as if they haven't fallen victim to it also...

And yes it's rookie Hal but at that point Sinestro is already being recognized as the #1 Lantern.

I'm not saying that scan guarantee's Quasar can drain their rings though, just pointing out that if he IS capable of manipulating the energy that it's a potentially valid tactic.

Yes, but Hal usually triumps over said being. One time when he fought Dr. Polaris, he reversed the polarity back on Polaris. Rings can pretty much do anything.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2008 08:21 AM
cloud102 is currently offline Click here to Send cloud102 a Private Message Find more posts by cloud102 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Marvel goes down hard.
Nova is it's weakest link.

You've got 4 top ring users and a psychic Supes replica without the Kryptonite weakness.
DC 8/10

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Nov 26th, 2008 08:55 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
comicfan11
Ocean's Heaviest Hitter

DC IMO
Alan Scot and then Hal and Sin in the same team?
Apart from any power advantage they certainly have a tactical one with a telepath to coordinate them.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2008 11:25 AM
comicfan11 is currently offline Click here to Send comicfan11 a Private Message Find more posts by comicfan11 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote