KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Signature Forum » Arcluce's Gallery

Arcluce's Gallery
Started by: Arcluce

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arcluce
The Master of Darkness

New signature.. Although I Altered the blade a long time ago..

Attachment: bladez0fice signature.jpg
This has been downloaded 34 time(s).

Old Post Dec 9th, 2008 08:41 PM
Arcluce is currently offline Click here to Send Arcluce a Private Message Find more posts by Arcluce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arcluce
The Master of Darkness

Here is the final version

Attachment: bladez0fice signature 2.jpg
This has been downloaded 35 time(s).

Old Post Dec 9th, 2008 09:17 PM
Arcluce is currently offline Click here to Send Arcluce a Private Message Find more posts by Arcluce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arcluce
The Master of Darkness

Here is another version..

Attachment: bladez0fice signauture 3.jpg
This has been downloaded 34 time(s).

Old Post Dec 9th, 2008 09:26 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arcluce
I don't use tutorials, but thanks anyways.

You should. Over time, they're the difference between average or mediocre do-it-yourself-ers and those who can approach professional levels. There's a certain plateau you'll never surpass otherwise. I'm not trying to be critical, just offer my advice. But your stuff is fairly good for being self taught.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2008 12:57 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arcluce
The Master of Darkness

Originally posted by DigiMark007
You should. Over time, they're the difference between average or mediocre do-it-yourself-ers and those who can approach professional levels. There's a certain plateau you'll never surpass otherwise. I'm not trying to be critical, just offer my advice. But your stuff is fairly good for being self taught.

Using tutorials is not original no matter how you put it.. Even if you mix a bunch of tutorials together in a way it's still not your own work.. No matter how much you say it is.. Unless you are the one who created the tutorial in the first place... There is a difference between good artists and great... Over a period of time my work will stand out from the rest, even if everything is self taught...

Here would be an example.. I take any computer business's pc, buy it, then I change a few things and call it my own..

Last edited by Arcluce on Dec 10th, 2008 at 01:33 AM

Old Post Dec 10th, 2008 01:18 AM
Arcluce
The Master of Darkness

New signature

Attachment: joker signature.jpg
This has been downloaded 35 time(s).

Old Post Dec 10th, 2008 03:59 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Using tutorials is not original no matter how you put it.. Even if you mix a bunch of tutorials together in a way it's still not your own work.. No matter how much you say it is.. Unless you are the one who created the tutorial in the first place... There is a difference between good artists and great... Over a period of time my work will stand out from the rest, even if everything is self taught...

But you didn't make Photoshop, or whatever program you use. You didn't make the images you use, or even parts of the backgrounds.

Where draw the line?

You don't have to come up with everything on your own to be original, and to find your own style. And you're handicapping yourself by not allowing yourself to be taught by those who have already gone through the same processes that you are. You might be able to envision something that is original, but lack the skills to do it. That's what tuts help with.

So would you never take a design class? An art or music class? I shudder to think what the greatest artists and musicians in history would have become (or not become) had they lacked instructional tools....usually in the form of teachers. Their work was their own, yes, but it was initially guided by those who could help them release their potential.

Last edited by Digi on Dec 10th, 2008 at 04:26 AM

Old Post Dec 10th, 2008 04:24 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marvelknight
Authority

I too, do not feel the need to use them. I only started making sigs, a little after I first joined KMC. It's was also the first time I really got to use PS. But When I first made this sig.....

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...postid=10674593

I used a tutorial for the first and last time. I to tell the truth, it does help. But I too also feel that doing it your way and your style is the best way to do it. Keep it up, Arcluce. Maybe we can have a sig duel. smile

"MK GRFXS"! Taking sig requests

Old Post Dec 10th, 2008 04:47 AM
Marvelknight is currently offline Click here to Send Marvelknight a Private Message Find more posts by Marvelknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arcluce
The Master of Darkness

Originally posted by DigiMark007
But you didn't make Photoshop, or whatever program you use. You didn't make the images you use, or even parts of the backgrounds.

Where draw the line?

You don't have to come up with everything on your own to be original, and to find your own style. And you're handicapping yourself by not allowing yourself to be taught by those who have already gone through the same processes that you are. You might be able to envision something that is original, but lack the skills to do it. That's what tuts help with.

So would you never take a design class? An art or music class? I shudder to think what the greatest artists and musicians in history would have become (or not become) had they lacked instructional tools....usually in the form of teachers. Their work was their own, yes, but it was initially guided by those who could help them release their potential.

By the way, what do you mean that I don't create parts of the background?... I need examples.. For one I don't see what adobe photoshop has to do with this, it's just a program. First you must think of what makes a signature.. There needs to be a focal, sure I could make it myself, but what is the point.. Also, I still don't see how taking a class is even relevant. The class just gives you the basics and a tutorial is not the basics, it's basically taking someone elses work, changing a few things, with it and calling it your own.

Last edited by Arcluce on Dec 10th, 2008 at 05:17 AM

Old Post Dec 10th, 2008 05:12 AM
Arcluce
The Master of Darkness

Forget what I said....... lol Do whatever floats your boat... It depends on the tutorial per se... Some individuals will write a tutorial but it will only incorporate their style and it will have nothing to do with how to use the program, but how to create a signature like them. These are the tutorials that I refrain from, because if you used them it would not be your own work. So it all depends on what type of tutorial you are using or who's..

Last edited by Arcluce on Dec 10th, 2008 at 06:24 AM

Old Post Dec 10th, 2008 06:20 AM
Arcluce
The Master of Darkness

Then again in my opinion using any tutorial is still not your own work.. Maybe you are talking about Bill Gates the true artist, lmao... As I will say, using a program and following a tutorial are two different things. The tutorial explains how they did it... Taking that method and transforming it into something else is still not your own work. Being taught how to use a program or an instrument is entirely different then using a tutorial, because that tutorial is showing what they did.. It's like this you are taught how to play a song on an instrument and you keep on playing that song and calling it your own.. You can't do that, you didn't create the song.. The basics are the notes, not the song..

Maybe I should say my backgrounds are original and that's one of the reasons individuals use tutorials, because they want to enhance their background.. Hell, I will tell you that the render(s) and text that I use are not original..

Last edited by Arcluce on Dec 10th, 2008 at 06:51 AM

Old Post Dec 10th, 2008 06:37 AM
Arcluce
The Master of Darkness

Sorry for my triple + posting... I must add this.. using a tutorial showing how to operate or use a program is different then using a tutorial that shows how they created the image and or design..

I might have contradicted myself a million times, but I don't give a sh**, lol.. It happens...

P.S. I need to get my cards straight lol... Currently they are all in a large pile..lmao

Old Post Dec 10th, 2008 06:59 AM
Arcluce
The Master of Darkness

New signature..

Attachment: boondock saint signautre.jpg
This has been downloaded 27 time(s).

Old Post Dec 10th, 2008 08:53 PM
starlock
Team Authority

New signature..

Great sig...if i am right...also a great movie smile

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Dec 11th, 2008 01:04 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote