KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » S03E11 - The Eclipse - Part 2

S03E11 - The Eclipse - Part 2
Started by: S_D_J

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Captain REX
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Elle.

I cried when I saw it. sad

On the inside. But srsly, god damn it.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2008 12:36 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Originally posted by Entity
They all got it with the eclipse ending.

But how he just suddently handled Sylar and Elle when he's suppose to have the mind of a 10 year old and can barely even face Sylar when he's normal baffels me too.
the element of surprise is a force to be reckoned with.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2008 05:10 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

So since sylar isnt really peter and nathans brother

peter was still called "Uncle peter" in the future

sylar was obviously changed... they did in fact have a kid... wtf

TGFwashere

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2008 05:15 AM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sylar and Peter had a kid?!?!?!?!

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2008 05:20 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RoguePw25
Hogwarts Headboy

Originally posted by Captain REX
Bennet's revelation to Sylar was what I had been thinking after how stretched it seemed with the senior Petrellis. Their stories, while they were convincing, seemed too convenient. But I wasn't sure so I didn't say anything about it; it could have been true, after all.

I like that the scene with Seth Green kind of explained what is up with the comics. I'm assuming that in the months following the death of Isaac Mendez, he had other comics that were ready for print. Good to hear that we're onto the last one.

Bennet still kicks ass. Claire and Sylar returning seemed predictable but it added to the drama.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Elle dying was COMPLETELY unexpected on my part. I'm not sure how Sylar regressed so damn fast, but I was kind of hoping he'd just go 'Oh, well, I'm bad, but you can run away.' He already has that power, after all.

Matt and Daphne's scenes were well done. I've always liked Matt.

Same for me. Didn't see it coming at all. It's sad, despite things, I really liked her. But I"m with you, I didn't really get why he killed her. He already had her power.

Learn from yesterday...
Live for today...
Hope for tomorrow...

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2008 07:39 AM
RoguePw25 is currently offline Click here to Send RoguePw25 a Private Message Find more posts by RoguePw25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

WHO HAD A KID???

Oh my poor Elle. She will be missed.

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2008 05:59 PM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Sylar had a kid with Elle in the future. Now hes saying he'll never "change for good"

he said he'll always be bad...

but he was clearly good in the future...

makes no sense at all

TGFwashere

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2008 06:47 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Maybe the Eclipse never happened when that future took place?

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2008 09:17 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Originally posted by Mairuzu
Sylar had a kid with Elle in the future. Now hes saying he'll never "change for good"

he said he'll always be bad...

but he was clearly good in the future...

makes no sense at all
Well Sylar himself never saw that future, and he was on the path to good, but he left it

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2008 09:22 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Glad they killed Elle, too many characters right now, need to kill some off so they can concentrate more on the main characters and create some quick drama with their deaths.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2008 09:37 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Yeah, she never contributed anything of real value to the story except a whiny character with a wounded ego.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2008 09:37 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

She was hot, too.

Unfortunately, not naked.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2008 09:57 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote:
Same for me. Didn't see it coming at all. It's sad, despite things, I really liked her. But I"m with you, I didn't really get why he killed her. He already had her power.

He killed her becuase a) he was pissed that she had been lying and manipulating him and b) He's a 'bad man'.

I liked how they made him revert back to his modus operendi with the killing. He is a serial killer after all.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2008 10:44 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

Originally posted by Mairuzu
Sylar had a kid with Elle in the future.

oh. i thought that people were saying he and PETER had a son. i was like, "Whhaaaaaaaaat?"

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post Dec 4th, 2008 03:32 PM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Maybe the Eclipse never happened when that future took place?

how does this make sense, no one can change time to make the eclipse not happen

TGFwashere

Old Post Dec 4th, 2008 07:03 PM
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

Another example of crappy writing. How were Sylar and Claire able to come back to life after they died? That goes against what they wrote earlier this year when future Peter stayed dead.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2008 07:52 PM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

I dont like how they tried to "Fix" almost every mistake they made on this single episode...

Was too obvious

TGFwashere

Old Post Dec 4th, 2008 08:36 PM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Originally posted by celestialdemon
Another example of crappy writing. How were Sylar and Claire able to come back to life after they died? That goes against what they wrote earlier this year when future Peter stayed dead.
That's because the bullets were still in his body. He can't heal until they're removed. It's perfectly consistent with the shard of glass in season one.

Claire and Sylar's brains had not died when the eclipse ended and their powers were restored; there's no discrepancy.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2008 03:51 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Indeed, Sylar's throat was slit and Claire died of infectious trauma... so when the Eclipse ended shortly after they were revived when their powers returned.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2008 06:16 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

These eclipses do form an odd little mystery. They gave a bunch of people their powers- or awakened, or whatever- but the new one took away powers form everyone, whether they had them before the 1st episode eclipse or not. For something so important I am sur[rised there has not been more attention paid to it. As it is, whilst, yeah, sure HRG got to be badass during this two parter, it seemed extremely pointless in a general storyline sense. Thgey lost their power,s they got them back, and aside from from general philosophical comment on how weak they are without their powers (which... is hardly a revelation) these episodes advanced nothing at all that could not have been done in five minutes in another epsode. I really do wish we had actually learned something of long-term significance about the base mythology of the show- it was an opportunity missed. I am sure they will do it later... but NOW was a good time.

(In fact, Heroes has a lot of run-around circular episodes; I feel they have too many episodes in a series)

And we rather have to assume that such eclipses had never happened before as poor old (and much missed) Adam Munroe would have been doornailed by any previous 'no power' eclipses.

Btw, in all honesty it's not entirely clear why Peter stayed dead in the future. I don't think we can claim consistency with the bullets, especially with Sylar and Claire having been shot also and being fine when their powers kicked in, and Peter has pretty much a very similar power set to Sylar (especially future Peter).

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Dec 5th, 2008 at 12:07 PM

Old Post Dec 5th, 2008 12:04 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote