KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » S03E11 - The Eclipse - Part 2

S03E11 - The Eclipse - Part 2
Started by: S_D_J

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Btw, in all honesty it's not entirely clear why Peter stayed dead in the future. I don't think we can claim consistency with the bullets, especially with Sylar and Claire having been shot also and being fine when their powers kicked in, and Peter has pretty much a very similar power set to Sylar (especially future Peter).
Well, he did get shot when the Haitian was there, but.. after that (when he was on the table next to present peter) i dont know why... maybe they kept injecting him with something.. no idea

TGFwashere

Old Post Dec 5th, 2008 05:18 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Originally posted by Strangelove
That's because the bullets were still in his body. He can't heal until they're removed. It's perfectly consistent with the shard of glass in season one.

Claire and Sylar's brains had not died when the eclipse ended and their powers were restored; there's no discrepancy.

OBJECTION!

Season 2. At one point, Peter heals when he is in Ireland in that bar, and even though he has bullets inside him, he heals, and the pop out! I remember it specifically, because all of us watching were like "Oh thats gross man."

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Dec 5th, 2008 05:55 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

I like last episode (part 1), but this one was a disappointment.... what the hell was the point of the eclipse? it came and went... and we went back to how it was before... they tried to un-do some of the mistakes they made, but it was poorly done...

so Sylar sacrificied himself to save Elle... but 10 minutes later he kills her? wtf?... wasn't he in control of his hunger? wasn't he in love with her
Peter was the most innocent, gullible, and down right stupid character in the show... until season 3 Sylar came along... here there was this really great Villain, a really inteligent and resourceful one... that gets played like a puppet by everyone... first Angela tells him he's her son, he doesn't questions it and does everything his told, same with Arthur... and then Bennet tells him is a lie, and then he's back at being bad Sylar, and kills Elle for the same reason... no expression

Nathan was just as bad, I really don't understand his decision, even when Peter tells him how phucked up the future is

Claire was never in danger, so there was really no tension there

HRG being a bad ass was great... he's great at it. period.

The way Hiro used his power was actually clever... and I did like the way Sam explained the 9th Wonders comics... too bad they have to go in search of the last issue... to know what to do next...
Can this people ever do anything without seeing the future???

The whole Eclipse was a waste of time...

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Last edited by S_D_J on Dec 5th, 2008 at 06:07 PM

Old Post Dec 5th, 2008 06:03 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Originally posted by Quincy
OBJECTION!

Season 2. At one point, Peter heals when he is in Ireland in that bar, and even though he has bullets inside him, he heals, and the pop out! I remember it specifically, because all of us watching were like "Oh thats gross man."
Haitian wasnt there when he was shot

TGFwashere

Old Post Dec 5th, 2008 06:41 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Wait a minute.

Sylar can take powers without killing using empathy right? He has the same power as Peter correct?

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Dec 5th, 2008 07:19 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

Wait a minute.

Sylar can take powers without killing using empathy right? He has the same power as Peter correct?

That's correct.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2008 07:44 PM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Originally posted by celestialdemon
That's correct.

So how did Peter "Take" Sylar's power?

And then have "The Hunger?"

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Dec 5th, 2008 07:53 PM
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

That's because the bullets were still in his body. He can't heal until they're removed. It's perfectly consistent with the shard of glass in season one.

Claire and Sylar's brains had not died when the eclipse ended and their powers were restored; there's no discrepancy.

t's not consistent with the shard of glass in season one. In that incident, the glass was in Peter's brain, therefore preventing it from accessing his power. Future Peter was shot twice in the chest. However, the Haitian was preventing him from accessing his power. Once the Haitian was removed, he should have revived, just like the glass incident.

How was Claire's brain not dead? It's not like she just died 30 seconds before. She was completely covered with all of her IVs and monitors taken off of her. That's not something hospitals do right away. So she had to be "dead" for at least a good while. Plenty of time for her brain to die.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2008 07:55 PM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

So how did Peter "Take" Sylar's power?

And then have "The Hunger?"

Because the hunger was caused by Sylar's intuitive adaptitude, not his empathic mimicry.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2008 08:04 PM
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

Because the hunger was caused by Sylar's intuitive adaptitude, not his empathic mimicry.

Mmm, what lovely pollocks.

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2008 08:45 PM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RoguePw25
Hogwarts Headboy

Sounds confusing to me.

I didn't see much point to the eclispe as well. I'm really sad that Elle died, I really liked her. smile Sure Sylar is bad and junk, but geez, would have liked to see a little struggle with his quick regression to wanting to kill. Was kind of interesting seeing him 'attempting' to be different for Elle.

I don't get Nathan's decision to switch sides as well.

Learn from yesterday...
Live for today...
Hope for tomorrow...

Old Post Dec 8th, 2008 07:38 AM
RoguePw25 is currently offline Click here to Send RoguePw25 a Private Message Find more posts by RoguePw25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Originally posted by RoguePw25
Sounds confusing to me.

I didn't see much point to the eclispe as well. I'm really sad that Elle died, I really liked her. smile Sure Sylar is bad and junk, but geez, would have liked to see a little struggle with his quick regression to wanting to kill. Was kind of interesting seeing him 'attempting' to be different for Elle.

I don't get Nathan's decision to switch sides as well.
From what I understand is, he realized there are a lot of places out there that are being taken over by bad people, and there are a lot of people out there that cant do anything about it.

He wants them to be able to have powers to fight back.

Still a dumb decision

TGFwashere

Old Post Dec 8th, 2008 05:23 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

That's just reciting what he said, it doesn't help anyone 'get' it- because there is nothing to get. It's a completely arbitrary change of mind done for plot reasons rather than as part of any coherent narrative.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Dec 8th, 2008 at 11:14 PM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2008 06:02 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

Originally posted by RoguePw25
Sounds confusing to me.

I agree. Doesn't make much sense to me, either, but that's what the writers are trying to feed us with.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2008 08:06 PM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

t's not consistent with the shard of glass in season one. In that incident, the glass was in Peter's brain, therefore preventing it from accessing his power. Future Peter was shot twice in the chest. However, the Haitian was preventing him from accessing his power. Once the Haitian was removed, he should have revived, just like the glass incident.

How was Claire's brain not dead? It's not like she just died 30 seconds before. She was completely covered with all of her IVs and monitors taken off of her. That's not something hospitals do right away. So she had to be "dead" for at least a good while. Plenty of time for her brain to die.
Future Claire most likely shot him in the head, knowing about his ability.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2008 11:40 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

Future Claire most likely shot him in the head, knowing about his ability.

Which should have blown a nice big hole in his head.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2008 12:03 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Depending on the kind of bullet.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2008 01:25 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RoguePw25
Hogwarts Headboy

Originally posted by Ushgarak
That's just reciting what he said, it doesn't help anyone 'get' it- because there is nothing to get. It's a completely arbitrary change of mind done for plot reasons rather than as part of any coherent narrative.

There ya go. I can understand this. big grin

When will writers realize that the writing is the most essential part of the show.

Learn from yesterday...
Live for today...
Hope for tomorrow...

Old Post Dec 9th, 2008 07:27 AM
RoguePw25 is currently offline Click here to Send RoguePw25 a Private Message Find more posts by RoguePw25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote